What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I didn't really have this feeling with my Dutch H0 models, now I'm so glad I decided to start with Japanese N scale now.

"The virus has been successfully transferred and adapts itself very well to its host."

- Dr. Yellow

Yes yes Ditto that ~ Japanese N scale is very very addictive & 10x worse than the T virus. Wahahaha...

Several items came in throughout these few weeks for me too! Check out the SAL thread & also the Yahoo Auction thread for more details! Cheers!

Neither order nor post, but I went to my LHS yesterday, and they had two 6-packs of the Kato V2 LED interior car lighting (as well as some singletons and an older V1 set).

I picked up the two 6-packs.  I still have a few on the bench waiting to be installed, but I'm going to need far more before I'm done.  So while this was an impulse buy, it simply defers mail-ordering a couple later (and even with tax, it was discounted from Kato USA's list, and cheaper than shipping them from Japan).

I also picked up a bunch of Preiser figures of seated people, to go in window seats on trains (I have cheaper ones I'll use for inside seats and standing figures).  This may be excessive, but I want to see if I can see the difference.  I'd previously tried using unpainted Preiser figures painted gray with a dab of black for hair, and those didn't really look good. If I could see them at all, I could see the lack of detail.

Edit: typo.

the_weird_one

Unfortunately my first purchase listed here has been nicked - it was FedEx'd to me, but the driver got some random person to sign for it rather than myself and that person is now not traceable so having to claim my money for the lost package back :( annoying as the declared costs with Rinkya can't include their fees or the cost of the shipping itself.

Just came in today is the re-release of the (KATO 10-458) Seibu New 101 Series (New Color) (add-on 4 car set) which will have a good unit at the engine house on the layout.

just arrive today 10/22

PA220023.jpg

PA220024.jpg

now E2-1000 Hayate E4 ''MAX'' sets complete

and 100 Series Kodama Fresh Green Color

im still thinking if i get the 500 Kodama too  ???

Guest Closed Account 1

The Tomix Thomas train was such a hit with the children that I went ahead and ordered James, Henry and Percy.

On Ebay it is just a expensive to get all 3 as it is to buy all 4.

So I bought all 4.

Can't wait to add DCC so all 4 can run on the same track.

The Tomix Thomas train was such a hit with the children that I went ahead and ordered James, Henry and Percy.

On Ebay it is just a expensive to get all 3 as it is to buy all 4.

So I bought all 4.

Can't wait to add DCC so all 4 can run on the same track.

i'd buy them too for the son but i hate how james/henry tenders are.

Wish it would renew with a proper tender connection like on regular steam models.

Kawi TaKi3000 2-car set, tweo of them (one for me, another for a friend). Got to catch them while they are sill there... :sad:

cheers NB

Guest Closed Account 1

Wish it would renew with a proper tender connection like on regular steam models.

They are Rapido couplers with a massive T inside. Replaceable.

They are Rapido couplers with a massive T inside. Replaceable.

yeah i know, i want the power coupler other models have on any recent MA tomix and kato model.

Just recently in the post was from HS Japan with the KATO Series 24 "Hokutosei" set both basic and add-on set (total 12 car set) I am now stocking up on sleeper cars! :)

forgot to mention but my 2 x c56 from kato came in last fri. Also my de15-2510 from MA

All are very good.

As expected Ma still have no support for knuckle couplers making it hard to not rip apart and modify to couple up to my freight.

That said I am so far really happy with the c56's and they run as smooth as the recent d51 and c62's.

1 nark is they are way over powered and tractioned (prototypically speaking) i was able to couple 25 freight mix of wamus sera/sefu's and some of the new hoki's etc.

1 loco pulled all the way up my 4.5% or greater grade no issues.

They have that regular noise at very low speed like the other flywheeled steamers(d51/c62)

The good thing about them is up till about 40% on the dial their speed is almost the same as the tomix d51 and a little slower than the MA C11. making them a good match to doublehead together.

now all i have to do is get some more d51's to tripple head  :grin

Martijn Meerts

Got another 30 pieces of Peco flextrack delivered so I can finish the yard. Also got 2 curved turnouts which I need before I can start working on the helix .. The helix is going to be a TON of work :)

Just got back from the post office with my Kato C56, beautiful. I go along with keitaro's assessment. It looks like there's room in the tender for a small decoder. There is a warning on the instruction sheet that mentions DCC address 00 but I'm not sure if it's telling you to use 00 when running the loco on DCC layouts or if it's warning you not to.

Will be intersting to compare it to my new Bachmann U.S. 2-6-0 when it arrives.

it says not too ? i don't get the full translation though it just mentions dcc 00 and not to something?

i'll ask my wife maybe tomorrow and post my findings. I'm sure it's more than just address 00 not to use.

IT may actually just be saying it's not a dcc compatable model. (i.e. not dcc friendly drop in kind)

Which kato has finaly started including in their new model guides.

Alright, so Im building the aforementioned 2000 series.

Unfortunately, the powered box shipped with a wrong bogie. I have 5 Rapido coupler bogies and 3 ones for the front of the train that you cant connect to anything when I should have 6 and 2 respectively.

Any ideas? Does Greenmax make spare bogies for the 2000 series or am I pretty much screwed? I have a second box, with 4 additional carriages, but that means at most I can have 7 carriages and Im a perfectionist unfortunately and the fact I cant use all 8 will annoy me forever.

Any ideas? 1999.co doesnt have any that will match.

Alright, so Im building the aforementioned 2000 series.

Unfortunately, the powered box shipped with a wrong bogie. I have 5 Rapido coupler bogies and 3 ones for the front of the train that you cant connect to anything when I should have 6 and 2 respectively.

Any ideas? Does Greenmax make spare bogies for the 2000 series or am I pretty much screwed? I have a second box, with 4 additional carriages, but that means at most I can have 7 carriages and Im a perfectionist unfortunately and the fact I cant use all 8 will annoy me forever.

Any ideas? 1999.co doesnt have any that will match.

if you bought it from HS email them and they will get the part from GM It happens in kits.

Gm are fairly reasonable with these problems and when i spoke to them they advised will usally ship to the shop the missing part make sure you send a pic of them to show the problem.

Well when they arrive...(2 days to get to the UK from Japan then they sit here for 4 days doing nothing),,a Green Max JR Central KiHa 75 and JR East 257 Kato set,,

Date Status Details Post

office Prefecture

ZIP code

Oct 31

11:00 Posting/Collection  

ASAKUSA

Tokyo metropolis

111-8799

Oct 31

13:34 Arrival at outward office of exchange  

TOKYO INTERNATIONAL

Tokyo metropolis

138-8799

Oct 31

15:36 Dispatch from outward office of exchange  

TOKYO INTERNATIONAL

Tokyo metropolis

138-8799

Nov 2

10:42 Arrival at inward office of exchange   COVENTRY PARCELFORCE UNITED KINGDOM

Nov 2

10:56 Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner   COVENTRY PARCELFORCE UNITED KINGDOM

Nov 2

10:57 Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner   COVENTRY PARCELFORCE UNITED KINGDOM

Nov 6

1:04 Departure from inward office of exchange   COVENTRY PARCELFORCE UNITED KINGDOM

Krackel Hopper

It was Twilight Express day for me!

gmat was kind enough to ship me a set of the B-Train Shorty Twilight Express (both A & B sets)

My Hobby Search order.. containing the re-release of the Kato Twilight Express (and add-on)

Also (same shipment) arrived my B-Train Shorty DD51 Hokutosei 2 engine set.

Now I'm just waiting on the Kato Twilight Express figure packs, and my N Goya interiors for Kato Twilight Express.

Thanks to Modeltrainstuff, I was able to get my 2nd DD51 Hokutosei on clearance so I can run double-headed DD51s

This was also my biggest train purchase of the year.. actually, this was my biggest train purchase ever.. so the wallet is hurting.. but dang these look good.. luckly, I only have a couple small items left on pre-order (so far..)

Davo Dentetsu

Was very pleased yesterday, as...

1-311.jpg

...as I was saying, I got...

2151311.jpg

...umm...

KA-1-311_box.jpg

I'm sorry, it distracts the heck out of me! :D