What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Iv'e been spending up big on B Shortys!

I have recieved in the past fortnight:

Keikyu Type 2100 - Keikyu Blue Sky Train x2

JR East Series E233 Chuo Line x2

E231 Sobu Line [Clannad] Wrapping x1

Today i sould have my Favorite delivered being the Yamanote Line E231-500 of which I got 4 packs.

I have also pre-ordered:

Series E3 Komachi (4-Car Set) x2

E3 Tsubasa (4-Car Set) x2

Keihan Train Type 600 `K-on!` (Wrap Advertising Train) x2

J.R. Shikoku Limited Express DMU Series 2000 (6-car set) x1

I am also planning to build a coffee table layout to run them all on  :grin

My book has arrived from Sweden. My mother claims that collecting it from the concierge gave her "orthopaedic problems" (sic) :grin. I'll be on home leave on Wednesday so I'll pick it up at home rather than spending yet more money on postage.

Cheers NB

Davo Dentetsu

Not N scale, but interesting nevertheless!

386011_10151149828589842_950476751_n.jpg

I'll have this one built up as a proper running HO loco over the next while or so.  My next guaranteed post sent item will be N scale however., an EF66 to add to the growing collection.

Happy Day!

Arrived home from a real torturing day at work to see this!

IMG_1199.jpg

Yummy! 2 boxes only? Question marks as i slowly open them. First the flat box.

IMG_1200.jpg

It's the Kinkakuji Temple from Fujimi! BUT! Just one box in a carton? Quite wasteful if you ask me.. (Please check thread on SAL parcels for more info on what i meant)

IMG_1201.jpg

Here's another look at the temple! Gold plated man! So nice!

IMG_1202.jpg

Now for the larger box.

IMG_1203.jpg

Yap it's SAL alright...

IMG_1204.jpg

Newspapers are free!

IMG_1205.jpg

My lovely buildings for my town are here!

IMG_1206.jpg

Here are some Tomytec collections. We have a bank, a pedestrain bridge, and a really beautiful house which i wished in real life it's mine...

IMG_1207.jpg

And here are some Tomix buildings. We have 2 smaller buildings, 1 condominium, and the lovely 7-11 Combi store! 

IMG_1208.jpg

The giant Kato building is screaming to be let loose!

IMG_1209.jpg

Here we have a Tomix controller (need it for my double viaduct tracking) and a GreenMax (my first GreenMax kit!) road signs set!

IMG_1211.jpg

Here's the Tomix controller in closer view..

IMG_1210.jpg

And the GreenMax road signs kit. Some handiwork to be done this weekend!

IMG_1212.jpg

And finally the Giant Kato Sixth Avenue building!

IMG_1213.jpg

I love the detailing on that stairway!

IMG_1214.jpg

And the detailing on the roof!

Should have i guess-timate 2 more boxes of SAL parcel to come in from Plaza.. Can't wait for them to arrive! Stay tuned for more updates!

Anyone wants a quick bite?

IMG_1215.jpg  

Cheers!

little 0-18vdc bench top variable power supply just showed up. soo cute! does not have amperage control, but for $35 its fine for the piddling i need on my little electronic ventures. also can double as a volt/amp meter which is nice. also an rf meter so if you do do something thats noisy it will let you know!

jeff

post-25-13569931120096_thumb.jpg

That's so bad a**! How do you plan to tarnish/weather the gold to make it look like it's been in the Mt Fuji rains?

Hi Skipper! That is a VERY GOOD question... Haven't thought about that... Any ideas to help me out perhaps?

Or i could lie about the Kinkakuji temple getting a new complete face lift...

last week

P9060015.jpg

P9060013.jpg

was my first Shinkansen ride back in 2006

got on Rakuten for 12.199 petty good price  :grin

this week just arrive today

P9060014.jpg

@NuclearErick

Ohh... awesome! The Rail Star's design is still great.

Was your wallet empty after these purchases so you couldn't get the E2 and E4 extension sets?

That's so bad a**! How do you plan to tarnish/weather the gold to make it look like it's been in the Mt Fuji rains?

Simple assemble it and leave it outside under the drainage pipe.

By the time you get the rest done that thing is going to be weathered good.  :grin

@NuclearErick

Ohh... awesome! The Rail Star's design is still great.

Was your wallet empty after these purchases so you couldn't get the E2 and E4 extension sets?

exactly  :BangHead:

800, E2 and E4 was 36,767 ienes

this month I spent a lot of money, next month i will get the ADD-Sets

@ NuclearErick:

Wow that is one great purchase! Very nice! I especially love the 700-7000 Railstar! Very rare now, and at that price you paid i would say it is a good buy! Why cant they re-release this beautiful set.... Love the colors on it! Great shinkansen buys! Of the 4 sets, 2 are already complete sets! Would you be considering to purchase full set configrations for the E2 and E4? How about connecting that E2 to E3 Komachi and E4 to E3 Tsubasa?  :grin

@ Keitaro:

Thats a good idea! However, i stay in a flat and the rain water pipe goes all the way down... Cant place it out there without anyone thinking that is gold and stealing it away...  :lipssealed: 

Guess lying that 'Kinkakuji temple recently got a full restoration renovation' is better perhaps?

Another package came in today, not from Plaza, but from a China seller which i won 2 very small items for:

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

It's a Tomytec rural hotel building & a Fujimoto TCM forklift!

IMG_1241.jpg

Assembly is required, which is good since the weekend is coming ~

IMG_1242.jpg

And the TCM forklift to assist in my truck terminal! Sweet~

Will be uploading some more pictures of the last carton from Plaza tomorrow ~ Nice!  :grin

@ NuclearErick:

Wow that is one great purchase! Very nice! I especially love the 700-7000 Railstar! Very rare now, and at that price you paid i would say it is a good buy! Why cant they re-release this beautiful set.... Love the colors on it! Great shinkansen buys! Of the 4 sets, 2 are already complete sets! Would you be considering to purchase full set configrations for the E2 and E4? How about connecting that E2 to E3 Komachi and E4 to E3 Tsubasa?   :grin

yes next month i wil get the complete sets. BUT...

im thinking this:

E1 alone of course (next 28 Set will be withdrawal)  :angry7: :crybaby2:

E2-1000 with E3 Komachi (KATO)

E4 with E3 Tsubasa (KATO)

200 with 400 Tsubasa (Tomix) right ?  ???

and later E5 with E6 most like Kato (when release)

i forget something about what ?

I bought a set of this train. Its the same series that appears in an anime I like, so Im really ecstatic to get it.

Its alright to post links instead of pictures of me owning it right?

Erick,

I know how you feel about the E1.  I liked that train.  But I preferred the original colour.  I have two Tomix set in the original colour.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Anime fan Tomo?

I'm going to Ghibli museum later the year ...  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

I guess you could say that. Ive only seen a handful of series, but the ones ive seen I really get into and buy like figures and such.

Lucky you. I recently started watching Ghibli movies and they are really good. Didnt know there was a museum though.

I bought a set of this train. Its the same series that appears in an anime I like, so Im really ecstatic to get it.

Its alright to post links instead of pictures of me owning it right?

Is it from Nichijou? I immediately thought of that anime when I saw the model.

I guess you could say that. Ive only seen a handful of series, but the ones ive seen I really get into and buy like figures and such.

I watch quite a lot, but really, there are quite a lot that are garbage. For picking out the better ones I just watch the ones that seem interesting to me and drop them when I want to, though I have the feeling I still missed some interesting ones sometimes.

Is it from Nichijou? I immediately thought of that anime when I saw the model.

Yeah. Well I think it is. If it isnt, it looks like the closest I can get.

Got a screencap of it.

I watch quite a lot, but really, there are quite a lot that are garbage. For picking out the better ones I just watch the ones that seem interesting to me and drop them when I want to, though I have the feeling I still missed some interesting ones sometimes.

Yeah, definitely. Right now Im just about finished Initial D, and Im not sure whats next.

Im not sure now really. Looking at that screencap theres quite a few differences but eh, its close enough to keep me happy.

Yeah. Well I think it is. If it isnt, it looks like the closest I can get.

Got a screencap of it.

I'm sure it's the correct one. I often see some blogs/posts on location and trains in anime, people write about the anime and how it looks like in real life. I just googled "日常の電車" (nichijou no densha/nichijou's train) and I'm already getting some hits. One of them is this one: http://hanchiya-han.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/07/post-4261.html

It states that it is indeed the 107系100番代 in the anime, not the 107系 (because of the small windows near the doors), if I'm reading the blog post and the comments below correctly. I have seen some screenshots that seem that it should be a 107系 because of the windows (not the 100 subseries), but I'm slightly confused about that. Maybe even both were featured in the anime??

Adding アニメ (anime) or manga also often helps with search engines because "nichijou" is just an ordinary Japanese word after all.

Yeah, definitely. Right now Im just about finished Initial D, and Im not sure whats next.

Im not sure now really. Looking at that screencap theres quite a few differences but eh, its close enough to keep me happy.

Well it's really personal of course. I haven't watched Initial D, but m.o.v.e. makes very nice songs! It's so sad I missed their concert in the Netherlands in JuneI'm going quite off topic (but it's still about N gauge though), a quick link drop:

(like the song and video in this one much better)

Would it be interesting to start an anime and trains topic? Then we could share more of these stuff.

Got a really nice birthday (Sept 7th) present, from my mom and step-dad today; Unitrack variation set V11. really happy with this set!

Together with variation set V13 I already had, I can finally allow my 16 car Shinkansen formations to stretch their legs.

on related news, my (reserved) Kato E2系 N formation was delayed a few weeks again...

Nice! I'm thinking of getting one of those as well since my layout project isn't really coming off ground. But I'm not sure if I should because it would delay my other projects even worse. I can get it for fairly cheap at the moment though.