What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Claude_Dreyfus

I've bought a train...yay!

After a couple of months out of work, things are back on an even keel...even if I am now a self employed contractor!

Anyhow, the Kanjiyama line committee felt they needed something a little more up-to-date, so negotiated a redundant KiHa120 from JR West...it should be ready for action next Sunday!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10035866a/20/1

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus
  • Like 1
Sadly Parcelfarce are a non-negotiable aspect of shipping here. The fact the blighters charge you for the privilege of holding it up fir weeks on end and then hit you with the VAT!

If only shops like Plaza and HS offered something other than EMS and SAL we'd all be happy :)

Claude_Dreyfus
If only shops like Plaza and HS offered something other than EMS and SAL we'd all be happy :)

I don't mind the EMS/SAL, its the lack of choice when they get here! At least the KiHa120 will be bog-standard Royal Mail...being bought in the UK.

Isn't it standard the national post that delivers it from the customs to your house? I mean, if it's send using Japan Post it should be by national post on the other side too.

Claude_Dreyfus

You would think...but larger parcels, and much of the imported stuff brought in via customs go through this loy. Royal Mail handle most of the internal mail and some parcels (Parcel Force were part of Royal Mail...I think they are a separate entity now).

There is a lot of choice of parcel handlers in the UK; DHL, Tuffnels, Yodel...many of which don't have a great reputation!

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus

FedEx is the only other shipping service I've seen come out of Japanese shops.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
Guest Closed Account 1

Half dozen Kato Unitram turnouts and Tram Stops.

Now I can finish my Ntrak modules. $$$

Also, preordered the ICE3 in Tgauge.

Isn't it standard the national post that delivers it from the customs to your house? I mean, if it's send using Japan Post it should be by national post on the other side too.

I've ordered once before from a shop in Japan and did it with FedEx and it got from Osaka to my front door and go through customs (which i paid VAT for obviously) in 3 days. Parcelforce just enjoy taking the p**s out of people in the UK who order from abroad. They are the only postal service I know of aside from Royal Mail who own them who take over orders from abroad via EMS etc when it gets to the UK, they just cant cope with the rate and size of orders at which people are ordering. Which is why, 10 days later, im still waiting for my package. And if parcelforce have waited this long to post a card through my door asking me to pay them a release fee i'll go nuts lol.

yeah! very well, I'm happy for you

(so maybe now you can sell me your Endo 200, I'm just waiting my last EMS with some Shinkansen's and the Endo set still remain the last one to complete the 30 years collection..  :)  )

HA I am still waiting for you to sell me that Tomix 200 add on. :D

Claude_Dreyfus
I've ordered once before from a shop in Japan and did it with FedEx and it got from Osaka to my front door and go through customs (which i paid VAT for obviously) in 3 days. Parcelforce just enjoy taking the p**s out of people in the UK who order from abroad. They are the only postal service I know of aside from Royal Mail who own them who take over orders from abroad via EMS etc when it gets to the UK, they just cant cope with the rate and size of orders at which people are ordering. Which is why, 10 days later, im still waiting for my package. And if parcelforce have waited this long to post a card through my door asking me to pay them a release fee i'll go nuts lol.

Oh dear, better get those tablets on stand-by...the bill will turn up, and will not be a pleasant suprise. At least you know where your parcel is...I have one somewhere en route from Plaza Japan; but as it was sent SAL Christ knows where it is...three weeks and counting!

Bearing in mind the amount I paid for postage, I am deeply unhappy it has taken this long, and will complain to PJ over their postage multiples. Even more galling is most of this stuff is needed for an exhibition this weekend...

Finally arrived at my local depot so I went and picked it up. Couldn't bare to wait any longer for parcelforce to "deliver" it. £39.99 in fees, £13.50 which is the parcelforce bulls**t handling fee. Still, got to take it with a pinch of salt as the total price, shipping and parcelforce fees included still make it significantly cheaper than buying within the UK.

And I also have an order with Plaza which I'm still waiting for. 1 week down, possibly 3 more to go :(

Guy

post-461-0-31709900-1360697170_thumb.jpg

Edited by GuyCS

I know that feeling, when packages are going through customs you have to pay a lot and the Dutch postal service adds up a nice sum of money as well. Luckily the exchange rate is pretty good at the moment.

Claude_Dreyfus

Good to hear your parcel arrived...not so good about the bill!

My grumble has obviously been answered as my parcel turned up. People, signals and one of those new Kato Toyota Hiace sets are now in captivity!

Good to hear your parcel arrived...not so good about the bill!

My grumble has obviously been answered as my parcel turned up. People, signals and one of those new Kato Toyota Hiace sets are now in captivity!

And we're both happy lol. However much I hate parcelforce, and believe me I really do as the fat cat at the top is the one who's using my handling fee to pay for his new BMW no doubt. It's still much cheaper than buying within the UK. I know that my local kato stockist had his jaw hitting the floor when I told him how much I bought my full 10 car Kato E2 for which was about a year ago. Made a saving of over £100 compared to his price and that included shipping etc, since UK prices have rised even more since then he's stopped selling Kato really, just left over stock and the odd track pieces now.

And just a quick grumble about my E259, she looks great and runs very smoothly as is typical for Kato, but the motor car makes a strange loud vibrating "GRRRR" noise but only when it's on a slow speed, around 20% to 30%, once it's around 50% on the controller it's fine. Anyone else noticed this? Never had this from Kato with any Shinkansen etc. Will this just go away in time once run in fully?

Thanks,

Guy

Claude_Dreyfus

The contents of my latest parcels. Goodies! :)

Kiha120_zpse3191bac.jpg

The Tomix KiHa120 was from a shop in the UK.

Stuff_zpsdc98fb30.jpg

The detailing bits - for Kanjiyama - are from Plaza Japan...

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus

My kato lighting sets came so when I can install them ill post some pictures :) funny how the SAL items came quicker than EMS. Strange world we live in lol

So, I could not resist and ordered a right and a left Unitram turnout from Hobby Search with a few pieces of straight and curved tracks, plus a Type 9700 Kumamoto tram.

HA I am still waiting for you to sell me that Tomix 200 add on. :D

Ok! let me know how much you want

Tomix 200 2 cars add-on + xxxx USD .......

(or let me know if you search another thing, maybe I have something that I don't need, I bought too much and I need space....)

ciao

Massimo

ROMANCE

A few months back I picked up a Romance car set from a friend of mine, who was closing his hobby shop. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but last week I decided I would sell it. Tonight, as I was photographing it, my four-year-old climbed up on the stool next to me.

"What's that?" she asked.

"A Japanese train,'' I said.

"What are you doing with it?"

"I am going to sell it."

"No, you can't sell it, it is so beautiful."

So, we've decied to keep it.

Edited by NYNE
  • Like 4