What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Mudkip Orange

Got the re-released 383 today, 6-car basic plus 2-car add-on. I also got the Tomix wheel cleaner track, a Tomix re-railer, and a few S280's so I can set up a Tomix siding off my otherwise-Kato track setup.

I haven't even taken the Keihan 8000 out of the box yet, so when I finally do get some track set up there's going to be lots to run.

Davo Dentetsu

A few months back I picked up a Romance car set from a friend of mine, who was closing his hobby shop. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but last week I decided I would sell it. Tonight, as I was photographing it, my four-year-old climbed up on the stool next to me.

"What's that?" she asked.

"A Japanese train,'' I said.

"What are you doing with it?"

"I am going to sell it."

"No, you can't sell it, it is so beautiful."

So, we've decied to keep it.

That's how you get the fans in.  By stealth, if need be! :P

"What's that?" she asked.

"A Japanese train,'' I said.

"What are you doing with it?"

"I am going to sell it."

"No, you can't sell it, it is so beautiful."

31812244.jpg

Well, i have been pretty quiet these days, but that doesn't stop the buying!

I was secretly lurking on Yahoo Auctions and HS, and got some really great buys from there! The parcel came in together from PIJ. Very happy man indeed!

I'm most excited about the moving bus system. Initially, i didnt wanted to have the moving bus system in Takahashi town, but seeing what an attractive price this set was going for on Yahoo Auctions and with PIJ having a promotional New year 5% off commision pricing, i bit the bullet and invested on this system ~

For the older NEX, i was just testing my luck and it got through! Amazing price!

Now for more building works in Takahashi town ~  

post-819-0-82135900-1361432312_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-13649000-1361432314_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-12870300-1361432320_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-18873700-1361432323_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-28889800-1361432325_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-26644700-1361432327_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-87092100-1361432328_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-41762900-1361432330_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-88613400-1361432332_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-31286200-1361432354_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
Claude_Dreyfus

Have been naughty!

My recent birthday saw £100 from both my Mum and Step Father...I'm 35 and still get cash from the Parents. Amongst other things (Malt whisky for example) I thought I would get something different. As my Mum loves Switzerland and the Glacier Express, there could only be one purchase...well, two to be precise!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10202254p/10/1

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10202257a7/20/7

As my Mum loves Switzerland and the Glacier Express, there could only be one purchase...well, two to be precise!

Hey, good choice!

My friend's set is in the customs office. I hope we will get it on the beginning of the next week.

It's been a while since I posted on here and what has been the latest arrivals for me has been the 2x C62 Hokkaido Steam Locomotives, 2x EF66 Blue locomotives (late edition) and EF210-100 Freight Locomotive.

Coming up in March I have the following items:

E6 Super Komachi (really looking forward to this set to be here)

C58 Steam Locomotive (Need to extend my Steam Locomotive fleet)

Meanwhile the Australian Japanese Model Railway Group is getting ready for their first exhibition for 2013.

• Like 2

A beautiful (to me) little Kato C11... came in yesterday.  My first Japanese railroad model.    Right now she is getting ready to accept a DZ125 so that she can play with the other trains.  

• Like 1
Darklighter

My Micro Ace Kintetsu Series 8000 (4-Car Set) arrived (from fmodels). Looks great but the edges of some red stripes could have been sharper (especially on the doors).

Only two weeks, and my order is here as a SAL shipment without custom check, which is a little bit weird. It was handled as a mail and not as a package.

post-212-0-67903100-1362604519_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-93217100-1362604469_thumb.jpeg

SubwayHypes

nice i love that old style narita express JR500

anyways went to tokyo in late feb and did some shopping, mailed this box back to myself

JAPANTRIP2013197_zps1e28c203.jpg

Kato 8 car odoriko

kato 8 car yamanote

greenmax 6 car Tokyu "keikyu" express toyoko line series 8590

greenmax 6 car Tokyu TOQBOX express toyoko line series 8500

a bunch of taxis, buses, trucks, and cars

Krackel Hopper

Yesterday, I get home from work and take a glance at Hobby Search.  It's my usual routine.  See if there's any new reservations or restocks I might want, and see if any of my pre-ordered items are in the "new" category.  When I clicked on the "new" tab, I didn't see any of my pre-orders so I move on..

From across the room I hear "Hey, what was that?!"

I said "What was what?"

"Was that Chihayafuru?  Is there a Chihayafuru train?"

For the next 15 minutes I'm being scolded about how great Chihayafuru is and it's one of the best shows she's currently watching.  It's my fault for not telling her about this model train of a show that I had no idea that she was watching.  My punishment for failing to pre-order this train was that I *need* to buy her this train.

her: "And since it's your fault for not telling me about this, I want the K-On! train too!"

me: "Okay, which one do you want?"

her: "What do you mean?"

me: "Do you want the regular N scale, or the B-Train Shorty.."

her: "Yes"

me: "Yes what?"

her: "You should happy that I support your hobby!  You need to buy me these trains!"

End result, even though my focus is now on Hokkaido, I just purchased three Keihan trains.

• Like 5
End result, even though my focus is now on Hokkaido, I just purchased three Keihan trains.

Keihan's trains, and especially the ones on the Ishiyama Sakamoto Line like the 600 series are pretty awesome. I'm focusing on Shikoku myself but I couldn't withstand to pre-order the 350 and 600 series from the Tomytec Collection. I haven't gotten the K-ON and Chihayafuru ones myself because I either will not be able to build it correctly or either just don't bother putting it together.

Watch out for the anime Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai, that one has tons of 600 series and Keihan stations in it, you wouldn't want to reproduce the scenes! ;)

Nick_Burman

Latest arrivals, spread over the last weeks...

- Tomytec Tobu Nikko tram (a seriously pretty car! Wonder if they'll do the Okayama "Kuro" version);

- Kato TaKi9900 tank car;

- 2 packs of Green Max archbar bogies;

- Kato 23-220 station;

- Tsugawa 7t "Flip" diesel loco

Regarding the last purchase, my eyes almost fell off when I saw the loco for the first time in my hands...this is a SERIOUSLY tiny machine! :blink: It manages to be even smaller than the Tetsudo Collection box wagons! I haven't tested it yet to see how it runs, however any hopes of adding DCC to it were quickly dashed...

The sad part of the story is that most of the parcels were ordered around Christmas and only now have they begun showing up! It is a sad testimony to the deterioration of the Brazilian Post Office, one (if not the only one) of the few institutions in the country that one could trust with one's eyes shut tight. Ever since the Worker's Party took over the government, things have begun running seriously downhill in the BPO - key posts being given to political nominees regardless of their competence and one scandal after another one...

Cheers NB

Mudkip Orange

On the way from HS:

Bus Collection 11 (currently a "bargain price" item)

Railway Collection Iga 860 (Maroon)

Railway Collection Iga 860 (Green)

Railway Collection Aichi Loop Line Series 100

Railway Collection Series 201 Shikasai Old Paint (four seasons)

Tomytec power unit and trucks to motorize the series 201

Mudkip Orange

Not consciously, but it does seem like I end up with a lot of stuff from that region.

Edited by Mudkip Orange
Mudkip Orange
How much Meitetsu rolling stock do you have?

Zero. I have been tempted to pick up the 1700 Series on more than one occasion, but there always seems to be a Keihan train that I want more.

Finally ...........my first N scale stuff!

While I await my first order from Hobby Search (which is going on for 20 days now), I surfed our local website for anything n scale related and only found one ad of a sealed Bachmann McKinley Explorer set in n scale. Not really interested in it, I still texted the seller and asked if he has any other "train stuff" to offer. He just replied with 'call me' and gave his home line.

That phone call opened up the model railroading hobby in front of my eyes - unlike 35yrs ago when it was a lonely hobby for me in this part of the world, now it seems there are some 20 local guys who have grouped together in facebook to share this wonderful hobby with! 

He mentioned that he was the moderator of the group and that most members are into HO scale - but he does have some n scale and invited me to come visit his home the next day. 

Heck, having met no one else in this hobby ever - just meeting and talking shop with someone in the hobby would be worth the visit! Another surprise - he lives just 5 minutes away in the next subdivision.

Entering his home, I was greeted with a 3'x6' n scale layout that was covered with clear acrylic acting as the center table in their living room, some 8-10 sealed boxes of HO starter sets (different manufacturers) on one side of the wall, about 20 or so HO structures on a nearby table and a wall hanged glass display of about 30-40 pieces of his favorite HO locomotives.

My eyes and my mind were going 1000mph to a million directions ....... but I think I lost it when he showed me their dinning room. 

Their 10 seater dinning table was filled with boxes of assorted train stuff and the 3 walls of the dinning area were filled with chest high containers filled with train stuff, shelves with plastic building kits, HO die-cast vehicles and huge boxes with various train manufacturers logo - bachmann, athearn, MRC, Hornby, etc. etc.

In the corridor going to the rooms was a long floor to ceiling bookshelf - you wanna guess what it was filled with?

While it still shows some proof that I was actually in a house with normal looking cabinets and drawers, those too had train stuff inside! Bedrooms? I didnt dare asked, but during our conversations he kept saying he has this and that stored away in the rooms.

When I finally picked up my jaw from the floor, the first question I asked is if he has a store - nope, he is just a collector.  Is he willing to sell some stuff - yup! Could I grab a glass of water and sit down - most definitely! 

Apparently, he plans on concentrating with his HO stuff and he only posted the lone Bachmann starter set to see if there would be interest in N scale (since the group is mostly HO) before posting more. Unfortunately, the ad has been there for months w/o any bites, so he didnt bother with posting any other train stuff.

While most of the stuff I saw is HO (thank God im in N scale), the n scale stuff is scattered (organized mess?) in the dinning area. 

While im a newbie in the hobby, he does have some european n scale stuff that im not familiar with - some are his 'collectibles', but the majority of his n scale stuff are Kato and Tomix brands.

He got the n scale stuff as a lot from a German expat who was returning back to his country - approx $6k worth of N stuff. He would really like to concentrate on his HO layout and he is gearing up to using one of the bedrooms when his kid moves out by next year. With what I have seen, he could make a HO layout that is as big as his home!

He did mention that his n scale stuff is just a few, but like the HO stuff - he suddenly showed me boxes upon boxes of Kato and Tomix trains - sets, individuals, brand new and used. The least that he showed me is a box containing freight rolling stock about 50pcs. Some in jewel cases, some loose (brand new and used). Most of what he has in both sets, individual jewel boxes and loose pieces are passenger types. Kato in dark green book display cases and Tomix sets and individuals in jewel cases.

He has a box filled with unitrack - some were old variants as the box and Kato logo seems different from the now dark green with red triangle logo to white boxes with the old kato logo. Some loose tracks that have brown roadbed and sealed Tomix track sets A, B, C with white boxes. We found some 'modern' unitrack that looks familiar in my newbie eyes - so I got a few that I know would be needed based on my layout plan.

A big box with mostly boxed (bnew) unitrack but not the dark green box that Im familiar with, another box filled with viaduct stuff (girders w/o tracks) and in white boxes. Another big box with mostly boxed accessories that are brand new but sort of dark blue not the dark green boxes of today.

Whew - I know I need to find out more on these older Kato brands. A lot of model numbers on the box, but not that familiar except with the usual 20-xxx track names.

The last box he showed me contained a lot of dark blue boxed Tomix structures - stations, loco houses, stores, etc. Loose and used structures as well.

I told him that if he wants to unload this stuff, he should first have a list and pics - but he said there's just too many to list. He did say that he could possibly take a few pics of his n scale stuff, but I doubt if he could make the time to do it anyway. Im sure its not the money, but he does need to clear a lot of stuff that could be possibly used by other enthusiasts in the hobby.

As for me, I only got a few unitracks that I would need for my first layout, a 7005 DF200 loco and 3 structures. Ill go back from time to time for loose freight rolling stock and structures - but I need to phase my spendings and focusing first to completing tracks for my layout. I still have around $500 worth of stuff that I've ordered but not one have showed up yet, so gotta have patience.

The pic below may not be significant compared to any pics you guys post in this section, but just glad to finally have some n scale stuff of my own! Jeesh, I never realized they're that small! Lol!!

Mardon

IMG_0859_zps224f1a5d.jpg

• Like 4