What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I didn't order nor let the post deliver it, but I bought a Dutch book about Asian railways from 1968 I found at the local public transport museum. Of course it features Japan (it's even covered first of all! :) ), and comes with some drawings and photos. It's not very impressive (it's "just" 21 pages about Japan), but it's very nice seeing that there were already people interested in the subject back then. It elaborates quite a lot (which is good), for example: the organization structure of JNR is explained thoroughly. All in all pretty a pretty awesome find. Attached are some pictures, including the promotional material for the new tram (of which the mockup was placed in the museum, that was the initial reason why I went there).

I frowned upon the part where they wrote that freight trains use the "new Tokaido line" (completed in 1964, so I assume they imply the Shinkansen), with a speed of 130km an hour. ???

I'm also really interested for a history of Shinkansen book now.

post-681-13569931431136_thumb.jpg

post-681-13569931432177_thumb.jpg

post-681-135699314334_thumb.jpg

post-681-13569931434794_thumb.jpg

post-681-13569931435667_thumb.jpg

post-681-13569931436578_thumb.jpg

Guest Closed Account 1

Received one kit of the Faller ICE Platform #222121 to see if it is really what I want for my layout.  WOW!

Need 3 more.

Kato UniTrack Plan to accommodate this platform is below. It includes an expander track for estimating the custom length piece. Just under 115mm.

Use razor saw to cut slits to shorten as needed.

post-436-13569931437584_thumb.jpg

post-436-13569931438281_thumb.jpg

I frowned upon the part where they wrote that freight trains use the "new Tokaido line" (completed in 1964, so I assume they imply the Shinkansen), with a speed of 130km an hour. ???

That could be a reference to the 20.2 km Yokohama section of the Tokaido Freight Line (from Tsurumi to Totsuka) that opened in 1979 (per wikipedia).

Although there's some passenger train use, I beleive the primary reason for its construction, much of which is underground, was to remove freight headed to the Kawasaki and Tokyo freight terminals, and the Musashino line bypassing central Tokyo, from the very busy Tokaido (narrow gauge) line near the city.

The 130 kph part would be a reference to the M250 Super Rail Cargo express freight train, the only one I'm aware of that runs faster than 110 kph.

While your post is interesting Ken, I don't think it can be applied to what is written in my book. The book is from 1968, and that one line about the freight trains is in the section about the "new Tokaido line" which talks about completion in 1964, passenger trains with a speed of 200km/h and a gauge of 1435mm. I honestly think it's just wrong what's written in the book.

Yeah, that sounds like a reference to the Shinkansen line.  I don't know much about those, but I hadn't thought there were any plans back in the 60's to run freight over them.

Claude_Dreyfus

Well when they arrive...(2 days to get to the UK from Japan then they sit here for 4 days doing nothing),,a Green Max JR Central KiHa 75 and JR East 257 Kato set,,

Date Status Details Post

office Prefecture

ZIP code

Oct 31

11:00 Posting/Collection  

ASAKUSA

Tokyo metropolis

111-8799

Oct 31

13:34 Arrival at outward office of exchange  

TOKYO INTERNATIONAL

Tokyo metropolis

138-8799

Oct 31

15:36 Dispatch from outward office of exchange  

TOKYO INTERNATIONAL

Tokyo metropolis

138-8799

Nov 2

10:42 Arrival at inward office of exchange   COVENTRY PARCELFORCE UNITED KINGDOM

Nov 2

10:56 Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner   COVENTRY PARCELFORCE UNITED KINGDOM

Nov 2

10:57 Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner   COVENTRY PARCELFORCE UNITED KINGDOM

Nov 6

1:04 Departure from inward office of exchange   COVENTRY PARCELFORCE UNITED KINGDOM

Sadly that is typical of the species!

My record was two days to get to UK from Japan and thereafter three weeks to get through customs! Needless to say I was not a happy bunny, but unfortunately there is not a great deal you can do about the situation...

Hi all! I'm a HAPPY man last night when i confirmed i won on Yahoo Auction this!

lodomusou-img400x600-1353059737zpxs3a32467.jpg

Beautifully cutely painted Kiha-40 all cars motorised set! It's like buying 3 beautiful cars together at a fraction of the cost! And i love the painting! Can't wait for it to arrive!  :grin

Martijn Meerts

That's a lovely set, I have it as well (I was at some point blindly ordering any painted train I could reasonably order  :grin )

Detail on them are lovely, and I plan on using mine mainly for the TTrak modules for now. They should draw attention from the public at large at shows ;)

My record was two days to get to UK from Japan and thereafter three weeks to get through customs! Needless to say I was not a happy bunny, but unfortunately there is not a great deal you can do about the situation...

I think working it out on paper with the £65 duty I had to pay on my kato E257 and GM 75 I would be cheaper buying off yahoo with Japan-auction-agency with the fees and sent fedex,,they mark as "used" thus no duty to be paid :)

That's a lovely set, I have it as well (I was at some point blindly ordering any painted train I could reasonably order  :grin )

Detail on them are lovely, and I plan on using mine mainly for the TTrak modules for now. They should draw attention from the public at large at shows ;)

Clicks the "Like" button. No, honestly, I hope this feature will be repaired with the new forum software.

Back on topic, the plans are to make my T-Trak modules a local diesel line and if it goes all well I will receive some KiHa's in the following months too. I will elaborate later.

That's a lovely set, I have it as well (I was at some point blindly ordering any painted train I could reasonably order  :grin )

Yes Martijn thank you! I think i'm currently in the phrase you went through right now... minus the 'reasonably' part...

*Frantically searching Yahoo Auctions for A0646 NHK train, Kato 10-916 and all other painted trains*...

And boy, they're not cheap at all... No sir...

I just picked up an 11-car Odakyu Electric Railway Romance Car set by Tomix. It may be a week or so before I can post some photos of it because I am on vacation. I am not sure what I am going to do with it but the longer I look at it... the more I am loving it.

Arrived last week - 2x Kawaii KP291D, package with two TaKi3000 tank cars. Nice, but not as nice as the Kato version - will be reworked (better fit of the body to chassis, MT couplers, FVM wheelsets). One of the packages is going to a friend who is also dabbling in Japanese N scale.

Just arrived, but not Japanese and in HOn30/HOe scale - 1x Lilliput O&K MV8 diesel loco in Steiermarkische Landesbahnen livery and 1x Roco 33250 HF110C 0-6-0T loco. This last one could (at a pinch) be used in a Japanese context as it has a passing resemblance to the large 0-6-0T locos used by the Ogoya Railway, it just needs to be painted glossy black... one could invent that the loco was built under license Japan using Henschel drawings...

Cheers NB

Pre-ordered March listing:

KATO:

C11

ED73-1000

E6 (Super Komachi) Basic 3 car set + 4 car add-on set.

Arrived:

KATO:

Seibu 101 Series (old color scheme)

Today one of my HS SAL orders arrived. It took just 10 days to get from Japan to my door with SAL! :laugh: It seems to have bypassed the horrible Dutch customs somehow... and my other order.

Anyway, here are the pics!

First the stuff just out of the package, the packaging material is that paper stuff on the left and the Tomix freight car was packaged in bubble plastic separately for some reason. I also really like the packaging Tomix has applied to the Wamu, a plastic case with styrofoam AND a plastic bag.

Then we take a look at the items: a Tomytec JR Hokkaido Bus set with a highway bus and local Sapporo city bus, a Tomytec Freight Liner container truck set, and as last a Tomix Wamu380000 freight car.

The detail on all models are really amazing. I really like the colors of the JR Hokkaido buses. Tomix especially surprised me with the level of detail on such a cheap freight car. For less than 600 yen you have a wagon with incredible details and very, very sharp printed letters and numbers, that you all can't see on photos. (compare that to European models!) It seems to have an additional weight and seems to be very stable on the tracks too. Two more Wamu's coming soon!

About the last photo: the black plastic parts can be attached to the trucks for even more detail and the sticker sheet is for alternative number plates and destination signs on the buses. Really awesome stuff from Tomytec!

post-681-1356993155043_thumb.jpg

post-681-13569931576878_thumb.jpg

post-681-13569931578058_thumb.jpg

post-681-13569931578874_thumb.jpg

Nice pics Densha!

I wanted to get the JR Hokkaido buses too, but wish-listed it and wanted to wait for my pre-ordered item (Tomytec Bicycle & motorbike re-release) to be shipped together...

It's out of stock now... Sadly i dont know if they will re-stock it again.. Now that i have seen your pictures, i really like them more!

Nice pics Densha!

I wanted to get the JR Hokkaido buses too, but wish-listed it and wanted to wait for my pre-ordered item (Tomytec Bicycle & motorbike re-release) to be shipped together...

It's out of stock now... Sadly i dont know if they will re-stock it again.. Now that i have seen your pictures, i really like them more!

Thanks! I didn't get a new camera last September without reason. :)

I had that problem too, I wanted to ship them together but considering it was a special edition I just knew I had to order them immediately. I'm glad I did, it's really nice stuff.

Btw, I couldn't combine pre-orders and normal orders at HS, so I'm not sure if what you intended to do was actually possible.

PC060030.jpg

did arrived last tuesday 10/04 but only now i got some time to post the pic  :laugh:

box is opened in both sides

pre-order :

dec and jan:

TOMIX

92.852+92.853 JR 200系 Tohoku, Joetsu Shinkansen

92999             JR 200系 30th anniversary of the Tohoku Shinkansen Omiya

and March 2013

KATO

E6 Super Komachi 10-1137 + 10-1136

@NuclearErick

Nice! Are you keeping the insides of the box a secret for us? :grin

Really nice pre-orders too! Sometimes I get the Shinkansen vibe again, but I should not give in. Not that I have the money for it either way... :P

Martijn Meerts

I keep telling myself there's no point buying new trains until I have a layout where I can actually run them, which seems reasonable...

The problem is, I never listen to myself =)

Just received confirmation for the following order:

-Tomix 92795,  400系 Shinkansen (the latest model) in the later Tsubasa renewal scheme (Same as the E3系1000/2000番台)

I've wanted this model for a while, and while browsing the German JapanModelrailways shop I noticed they still had one of them available. And as I had some extra disposable income because of the delayed release of the Tomix 200系 Renewal, I decided to go for it.

With all the talk about the latest mini-shinkansen, the E6系, It's actually nice to finally have the first one in my possession.

NuclearErick, Nice set! was contemplating getting it as well, though it was out my budgetary reach this time. from what I've seen I like the changes Tomix made to model.

Densha, Some nice stuff you got there!

Ahah! Nice 200系! Guess the recent hype over the E6 release caught you to get the 400 series, right? However, i dont really know about the 400 series... I mean it looks good no doubt, but i personally still prefer the E3 Tsubasa over the 400... Probably because of the way the head lights were positioned...

Nice hual NuclearErick! The box alone looks good enough to drool on! Can we have some more pictures of the train itself in all its glory?

Densha: Yes, actually HS can allow combining the pre-order with the recent orders, provided that the pre-ordered is already in stock and ready to ship.. That's where the wish list actually comes in very handy. By wish-listing the items you want, once the pre-order comes on stock and ready to ship, you can drop an email to HS stating that you would like to combine the pre-order by ordering some more items to be shipped together. HS would then give you about 1 day (approx. 24hours) to make all your purchases, and ask that you enter the comment 'To be combined with Order # XXXXXX' in the comments column of the order. You check out as usual while making the purchases (please make sure you only order the 'In-stock' items and not 'Reserve items' or 'Sold Out' items), and enter the comment as requested by HS. HS will then combine your pre-orders and your new orders together to be shipped so that shipping can be saved ~~ Sweet! Happened to two of my pre-orders already, so i think HS is pretty flexible on this.  :grin 

Word of caution though, but careful if you are planning to use SAL.. If you buy too much items you might not be able to use the SAL function anymore... It might then be not so wise to combine with your pre-order but ordering in a separate order instead for SAL shipping... It's entirely up to you to see which shipping rate you would prefer...

Enough OT (sorry anout that), guess what came in the mail today?

They just look so good! My first Micro Ace train set!  I'm a happy man!  :grin

post-871-13569931579297_thumb.jpg

post-871-13569931579944_thumb.jpg

post-871-13569931580317_thumb.jpg

post-871-13569931580698_thumb.jpg