What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Maybe I want to get the old livery later as well (perhaps the 3-car version), it's available at HS at the moment, but it's a very different price tag. I still don't know if old livery trains were coupled together with ones with the new livery in the time when the livery change was happening, I can't find anything about it.

Do you have the new livery as well, disturbman?

Thanks Densha for the advices! HHhmmm would seems most probably staying with the 10-258 as a 5-car set then... Just a thought anyway. Now i have more reasons to channel the funds to this!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10188527

I love this train! It would compliment the Kirara i have running in the mountains nicely!

Thanks Densha for the advices! HHhmmm would seems most probably staying with the 10-258 as a 5-car set then... Just a thought anyway. Now i have more reasons to channel the funds to this!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10188527

I love this train! It would compliment the Kirara i have running in the mountains nicely!

That seems a good choice! Personally I often prefer having the 'normal' livery first before getting myself a special livery, but Enoshima is nice anyway. I find it unfortunate that there are almost none Enoden trains available with the company colors. Wait, it seems HS hasn't categorized them correctly.

Recently I saw a new anime, and when the opening started and I saw an Enoshima train, the beach, and the island and I immediately thought "Enoshima". :grin I always like that from anime, that they represent the real (train) situation very often and most times the trains and infrastructure is done very well too.

Maybe I want to get the old livery later as well (perhaps the 3-car version), it's available at HS at the moment, but it's a very different price tag. I still don't know if old livery trains were coupled together with ones with the new livery in the time when the livery change was happening, I can't find anything about it.

Do you have the new livery as well, disturbman?

Yes, I have both and both liveries are very cool. Very different but still appealing. I'm actually a bit unsure which one I prefer. Possibly the older livery, you can really see it was designed at the same time as the train. They compliment each others very nicely.

I have no idea if the two livery were mixed up in one train or not. I'm sure that at the time of the livery change both must have existed in parallel but on the same consist. But nobody said you couldn't mixed up anyway. ;)

So both are 3-car sets? I think I like the old livery a bit more as well, but for that price I just had to get it. :grin

I found something really weird though:

???

Yes, I have the two 3-cars set and I got both on Yahoo Auctions. I am not feeling like running a 8-cars long train, it's too long for the space I have. Plus, I run DC and I don't want to be bothered with running 2 motors in one consist.

Really weird train, only 2 cars.  :grin

Ah like that. I only have one loop of N track yet, it fits on it anyway. The two motors thing is not really something you would want on DC, they should have really made it possible to turn the motor off, but I don't know if it's possible to make the wheels roll in that case somehow.

Yeah, apparently they made them shorter for some reason, I have no idea why.

Guest Closed Account 1

Picked another Kato Eurostar 10-327 so I can run extra cars. The Addon sets are too expensive until Kato releases then again.

Also got the latest RM Models magazine.

Just came in recently:

Diorama Material - Grass Field sheet x3

Tomytec Middle School Building (105) x1

Tomytec Junior School Students 068 (blue) x2

Tomytec Junior School Students 069 (green) x2

Tomytec Junior School Students 070 (bordeaux) x2

Anyone for a K-ON! diorama :P

My revotech N scale Tetsujin 28 figure showed up today. nice little figure. not quite the same colors as the big one in kobe, but close. figure cant quite articulate into the stance they have it in there, but i can get close. if i want i could rip his joints apart and glue him into the perfect position, which i may do. thinking i may do it with scaffolding around him and the head being delivered by truck... think it could be a really fun scene.

http://moresay.com/06/25/2009/life-size-robot-of-tetsujin-28-set-for-shin-nagata-kobe-october-2009/

cheers

jeff

Just been shipped out on Saturday from HS is:

KATO 10-896 Series 923-3000 Dr. Yellow Shinkansen (3 car basic set) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10182068

KATO 10-897 Series 923-3000 Dr. Yellow Shinkansen (4 car add-on set) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10182070

MicroACE A7090 Series 485 Irodori (6 car set) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10176590

Lookig forward to the Dr. Yellow as I have the T4 (TOMIX Ver.) already and that has ran very well and I think the T5 (KATO Ver.) withthe extra lighting will be a bonus when it is running.

Claude_Dreyfus

The final piece of the jigsaw for Kaniyama - stock wise at least - has been ordered. A nice set of hoppers, which although not cheap, come in at roughly the same price as the total I would pay from Plazajapan - inc. £12.00 postage and the various import duties and VAT!

http://www.osbornsmodels.com/kato-10-824--hoki-2500-hopper-car-for-limestone-8-car-set-21999-p.asp

I have been after these for a while, and have finally got my act together and made the purchase. Some extra weathering will no doubt be called for...as well as some work on the loads to make them a little less 'plastic'.

Bought this from a local model shop

Doesn't really sell trains but he had modemo and some other trams

http://www.1999.co.jp/10168833 got it for 5100en

Bargain!!!!!!

I saw this and knew it was abnormally cheap so I couldn't pass it up. Most others were pretty regular price.  ???

Oh well win for me.

Btw has fly wheel not sure on front rear lights have not had good chance to check.

Can't wait to run it in aus in few weeks

Guest Closed Account 1

I reserved a Kato Dr. Yellow full train and inquired about it recently. :laugh: Somehow, lost on translation, I have 2 sets on the way!

One set for sale later.

I reserved a Kato Dr. Yellow full train and inquired about it recently. :laugh: Somehow, lost on translation, I have 2 sets on the way!

One set for sale later.

You're kidding me ?!

Whistling my tune, Skip?  Pity I don't want it otherwise I'd help you out.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Bought a set deal today from kids land in den den town.

Got basic set with loop and controller n600

Tomix 3 car ef210 + container x 2

extra tomix container packs x 3

Tomix 3 car 455 series training train 3 car set HG

For a crazy price of 9800 yen that's right 9800 yen crazy bargain 46% off

They also have a tomix set deal includes the basic loop set with siding and controller and electric switch included.

C57-1 sl hg

Water tower diorama model

19800 yen thats 44% off

You can choose my set with the ef510 basic 3car as instead but I like the 210 better.

Also they have the tomix tram loop set and controller with 2 different modemo models to choose

7400yen I think it too was 40% discount.

On a side note I used the modemo I bought the other day the 9000 it is really great and quiet and slow even at high voltage so its really great and looks prototypical in speed.

One thing though I have regular track but it got caught on the front catcher and the wheel with traction was not hitting the fail so it was spinning. Might have simply knocked it out a bit but I haven't had a look.

OMG Keitaro! What a steal! 9800yen for all that is GGGRREEAATTT!

and where might kids land in den den town be may i ask?

Kinda stopped buying trains in order to curb that spending... Gotta focus more on scenry & track layout for the next month... If not would have loved to get that Doctor Yellow from Skipper...

JR500 のぞみ

But the KATO Dr.Yellow (T5) looks good and with the extra lighting to the pantos makes it realistic.

I am still waiting to see if KATO will release an E3 Komachi similar to the E2 Hayate "Gambaru Tohoku" set. Plus would KATO do a Sayonara E3 release?

Yes Sarah. No doubts about the doctor looking good & realistic, but the wallet screams otherwise...

Feeling the effects of that un-controllable spending now... Gotta really really cut down on buying trains... 10 sets for now is good for my layout...

Erm... I hope KATO will not be releasing that Sayonara E3... or at least not now...  :confused5:

Yes Sarah. No doubts about the doctor looking good & realistic, but the wallet screams otherwise...

Feeling the effects of that un-controllable spending now... Gotta really really cut down on buying trains... 10 sets for now is good for my layout...

Erm... I hope KATO will not be releasing that Sayonara E3... or at least not now...  :confused5:

well kato don`t seem big on sayonara sets. That is unless tomix`s wallet is too big for kato to get the rights on sayonara sets.

i can see how a sayonara set would sell much better than a regular set it screams of buy me before you never see me again.

I`m proof of that cant take the risk on missing them

Well well well! I'm so happy today as my postman brought me this!

IMG_1112.jpg

What's inside you say? Quite a huge box right? Now now let us slowly cut open the box:

IMG_1114.jpg

HUGE bubble wraps! Wow this made a very LOUD POP when you pop them unlike the smaller bubble wrap type... But we aren't very interested in the bubble wrap now, aren't we?

IMG_1115.jpg

Let us lay out the contents! It's a huge Kato unitrack double track lot i recently won off ebay! Great seller who have taken the effort to individually wrap up the tracks!

IMG_1116.jpg

Here's how they look like without the wrap! Qutie a large lot, and even a controller! Sweet deal!

IMG_1117.jpg

Here's how 'tall' the straight 248 tracks stack up!

IMG_1119.jpg

There's even a double truss bridge and 2 single grinder bridge!

IMG_1118.jpg

Kato controller which i really need! And now for the contents exact list here:

20-004 WS248PC Straight Track 30 pcs.                             

20-042 WS62PC  Straight Track  8 pcs.                                 

20-023 WS124PC Straight Track 2 pcs. 

20-012 WS186PC Straight Track 8 pcs.                                   

20-181 WR414/381-45PC  Curve 16 pcs.                                 

20-182R WR414/381 PCAR Curve 16 pcs.                                 

20-043 WS62FPC  Power connection Straight 2 pcs.

20-184 WR315/282 PCAL Curve  4 pcs.

20-183 WR315/282-45PC  Curve 2pcs.

23-070 Single Bridge  2 pcs.

20-436 WS248T Double Bridge  1 pc.

Track Power Cords  2 pcs.

22-014 Kato Transformer  1 pc.

Quite the large lot! Anyone has an idea how much i bought them all for? I think i got a great deal, but i cant be sure so maybe the veterans here can advice? All i do know is i'm a happy man now!

@JR500

I thought you were going with Tomix track and now you suddenly get a bunch of Kato track. Me confused. ???

You really know how to build up the tension with your posts.