What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

So much KATO double track that would be very usseful for shinkansen running :'( oh well it just means I need to stop buying trains and save up to buy stacks of KATO Double track. :)

@JR500

I thought you were going with Tomix track and now you suddenly get a bunch of Kato track. Me confused. ???

You really know how to build up the tension with your posts.

Thanks Densha! I'm flattered! Yes, i'm still going with the Tomix, or rather i started off with Tomix, from the Tomix starter set. Thereafter, i bought a Kato starter set and found out Kato tracks, esp the double tracks (which Tomix lack), comes with super elevated, and the controllers are cheaper than the Tomix, although they needed a step down to transform the voltage from 220V to 110V in my country. With that, i decided to use Kato for ground level tracks (which i will have around 3 lines, 2 for the double tracking & 1 for climbing a mountain/ rural trail) and Tomix for the viaduct tracks, which i recently took advantage of HS half price shipping for paypal pre-payment promotion to get the large oval viaduct set.

@ The_Ghan: Thanks mate! I'm flattered ~ I was SUPER excited when i won the bid! I kept looking at the pictures to see how much tracks i've just got myself and started vision-ing in my head Komachi & JR700 running on them ~

@ MR Frosty: Yes that is quite a large lot of tracks, to be exact, 88 double tracks minus the 3 bridges!

@ linkey: Yap that's why i stopped looking at trains cause i HAD TO filter more cash to tracks & layout instead, and boy ain't i glad when i won this large lot of Kato double tracks! (Although now i have alot MORE tracks than i actually needed)

So, just for fun and feelers, anyone who like to make a wild guess at how much the lot cost?

Doesn't tomix have superelevated tracks as well? They are single track though but together look like double track with the bed.

Yes, i'm still going with the Tomix, or rather i started off with Tomix, from the Tomix starter set. Thereafter, i bought a Kato starter set and found out Kato tracks, esp the double tracks (which Tomix lack), comes with super elevated, and the controllers are cheaper than the Tomix, although they needed a step down to transform the voltage from 220V to 110V in my country.

Sorry that's wrong.  Tomix offers canted track (aka super elevated) as Wide PC track. Its available in  four radius: C280, C317, C354 and C391.  You can have one to four tracks in a super elevated curve. The single pieces have parts included to attach the tracks together.

You loose a lot of flexibility in using Kato track and using Kato on the surface.

Yes, i'm still going with the Tomix, or rather i started off with Tomix, from the Tomix starter set. Thereafter, i bought a Kato starter set and found out Kato tracks, esp the double tracks (which Tomix lack), comes with super elevated, and the controllers are cheaper than the Tomix, although they needed a step down to transform the voltage from 220V to 110V in my country.

Sorry that's wrong.  Tomix offers canted track (aka super elevated) as Wide PC track. Its available in  four radius: C280, C317, C354 and C391.  You can have one to four tracks in a super elevated curve. The single pieces have parts included to attach the tracks together.

You loose a lot of flexibility in using Kato track and using Kato on the surface.

Agreed people don't research properly into tomix as they offer it as the wide PC it allows you to use the track on ground and on the elevated pieces.

I guess when people flick through their site or store pages they don't realise the potential without seeing a layout in person and what track was used.

It is by far superior to kato and has more flexibility compared to kato as its not stuck down and can be used else where later.

Ghan has already written several posts one under the fine track thread stating to mix pros and cons.

Regardless though as long as the track in nguage it really doesn't matter who you choose.

Looks like you got a good bargain.

Though this is a debate that should be run in the track threads.

Ahah!

So that was what those beams were for! I was wondering why there are so many beams that came with Tomix canted tracks, so they're actually used to tie two tracks together to get a canted double track ~ Thanks Bill & Keitaro for the enlightenment! Well, since i have already bought that much of the tracks i wouldn't be regretting. Will still be doing Kato for ground level and suburban, and Tomix for slab viaduct tracks as per planned.

Now, with that much of extra tracks, i suddenly have an idea to run a basement metro!  :grin

"The homos track thread"?

Can't say I'm familiar with that one ... I did write in detail about why I chose to use Tomix track ... but I've just spent 15 minutes looking for the thread and cannot find it.

Cheers

The_Ghan

"The homos track thread"?

Can't say I'm familiar with that one ... I did write in detail about why I chose to use Tomix track ... but I've just spent 15 minutes looking for the thread and cannot find it.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Wow and double wow posting on my galaxy s it must have auto spelled fine into homos .....

What ever homos is .....

It always separates tomix into to mix on me too.

Updated and fixed

I bought Greenmax Plant Factory two days ago and yesterday it was delivered at home. I bought it in a Spanish shop, cheaper than any other place taking into account shipping costs.

Doing a good job of painting and weathering I think it can be really nice:

1259-2690-large.jpg

Cheers,

Dani.

A couple of MA steamers showed up today from taiwan. I got a C56-160 renewal and a C11-171. both new and at a good deal by making an offer. just beautiful machines. ive now got a good little collection of steam engines, never really meant to collect them, but they are always such wonderful looking machines they get hard to resist when a deal floats by! Now thinking ill have to come up with a nice little roundhouse/turntable and prep scene for them to display them!

jeff

Haven't been active here for a while, going trough a bit of a rough patch lately...

Anyway, over the last few weeks I've;

Received:

-Tomix Sayonara 0-Kei Shinkansen Set (late June).

I assume everyone is familiar with this (very nice) set, so no need for me to upload some pics ;).

Reserved:

-Tomix 92852 200系 K formation (renewal) Basic set   (reserved this set as soon as it became available for reservation on HS (3/8))

-Tomix 92853 200系 K formation (renewal) Add-On set

-Kato 10-377 E2系0番台 N formation Basic Set (the add-on set was unfortunately already closed for reservation)

-Sander

PS, for anyone who owns a Tomix 0系/100系 set, what's the best way to install the pantograph deflector plates? Simply glue them in place, or am I missing something?

Sander I glued them used supa glue. Lol prob wasn't the wisest as likely impossible to remove without breaking

But the again shouldn't need to remove them.

Having said that obtained a kato Dr yellow $200 aus think. I'm out of baggage space now.

You've got yourself some nice Shinkansen again Sander. The 0 is still a very nice train and the upcoming 200 is great as well. The E2 is one of my favorite modern Shinkansen. Looking forward to some pics when you've got them (all). :grin

Received:

- Mixed lot of couplings (M-T, McHenry) for both N scale (Chichibu DeKi + ore cars) and HOn30 (Minitrains) use.

- Book on early Japanese railways (the Dan Free one).

Ordered:

- Minitrains Koppel HOn30 loco;

- Book "La Segunda Mula de Hierro" ("The Second Iron Mule") about locomotives and railways in Colombia. This one promises to be juicy as it weighs a whopping 2.5kg and between book and postage will set me back a little over US$150.00 :icon_pale: ordered directly from the publisher in Sweden (of all places...) as I can't find it anywhere else.

Cheers NB

Holy cow! 150 US dollars for a book! Imagine how many Wamu's you could buy for that price. :grin

I also read "the Dan Free one" as if it was "free" first, would have been quite the opposite of $150.

Holy cow! 150 US dollars for a book! Imagine how many Wamu's you could buy for that price. :grin

I also read "the Dan Free one" as if it was "free" first, would have been quite the opposite of $150.

Holy Cow indeed, it took quite a bit of deep soul-searching before I placed the order. However living in Brazil I'm making an effort at collecting books about railways in the surrounding countries, Central America and the Caribbean as they become available (and I have the funds to get them... :grin). I missed the first book published by the author (Gustavo Arias de Greiff, called just "La Mula de Hierro", "The Iron Mule") so I decided to take the bull by the horns and get the second book before it is too late.

Cheers NB

kato E4 max full set

now i can hook something up to my E5

thinking next year will get a few more to hook up when in jpn next.

got it for roughly $190 au not sure if thats cheap was a impulse buy

Does it coupled together actually fit on your layout keitaro?

yes and they can wave to each other.

was going to run 3+3 or 4+4

The full set is for future/collection/peace of mind

plus some time next year going to get a viaduct/slab set to have on the ground since little one is getting good wit not destroying my trains and ..... for me  :lipssealed:

I got my Kato Dr. Yellow 923-3000 today! Came before something I ordered from the states... And this shipped one day later. Odd.

Anyway, I LOVE IT! Runs great, and looks great. I'll post some pics up in another thread so I don't saturate this one haha.

7854254426_ec88da431b_c.jpg

Guest Closed Account 1

Ordered some Kobaru concrete tile sheets, led interior lighting kits for my Kato Dr Yellow, traction tires to fit all my 4mm Kato wheels,prototypical couplers, and Kato E2 10-378&9.