What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Got a really nice birthday (Sept 7th) present, from my mom and step-dad today; Unitrack variation set V11. really happy with this set!

Together with variation set V13 I already had, I can finally allow my 16 car Shinkansen formations to stretch their legs.

on related news, my (reserved) Kato E2系 N formation was delayed a few weeks again...

Hi 200系! I really envy you! That's a very nice present! I've only been getting presents for myself... Yes now your 16 car can finally get some distance to cover! Sweet ~

As promised, my 2nd box of goodies came in yesterday!

IMG_1243.jpg

Yummy!

IMG_1244.jpg

Yap another confirmation it is SAL alright...

IMG_1245.jpg

Open the box... Came with free newspapers!

IMG_1246.jpg

Remove the papers! Nice! I'm so excited about the Bus Collection series 11! A bargain price Plaza was offering!

IMG_1247.jpg

Here's a look at the box of Bus Collection Series 11. Complete! Hope i get the 'secret' bus with this box!

IMG_1248.jpg

Here's a fence sheet, good for diorama building.

IMG_1249.jpg

LED interior lightings for my Kato train!

IMG_1251.jpg

Tomytec traffic lights! I see myself slowly building up the city roads pretty soon!

IMG_1252.jpg

Now, my citizens need a place to stay, don't they? Trying out with 1 kit first, if it looks nice, will probably be getting multiples to make a district!

IMG_1255.jpg

The train service crew has finally arrived!

IMG_1254.jpg

Kato mini van & truck! Really mini! Even smaller than a car! Cute!

IMG_1257.jpg

And finally, my V1 set for my island platform. Still ned another set for my double track.

I am one happy man indeed! Thanks for looking and Cheers!  :grin

I've been looking for a set of Kato green JOT Taki 1000s to go with my EH200, and finally found a used 10-455 set that had a BIN price I was willing to pay on eBay.  They should be here Friday or Saturday.

Now to find a second set!  :grin

Came in on Monday in the postal delivery service was the full set E233-3000 Tokaido line (8 car-2 car-5 car sets)

This would be my first Double decker Suburban line train that I have.

Came in on Monday in the postal delivery service was the full set E233-3000 Tokaido line (8 car-2 car-5 car sets)

This would be my first Double decker Suburban line train that I have.

Nice !

You might like my favourite double-decker: Holiday Rapid View Yamanashi.

215_Zushi_to_Shinagawa_at_Shin-Kawasaki_20020713.jpg

2147492221_f6e713588d_z.jpg

SE07-12#0007 by NAGA-MOTO, on Flickr

3235449065_29a9afa1a6_z.jpg

215系電車ホリデー快速ビューやまなし/215 Series EMU Rapid Service Train "View Yamanashi" by tirol28, on Flickr

Only MicroAce have done the model.

Cheers

The_Ghan

cityrail have alot to learn.....

meanwhile my favourite is the sunrise express, a model i have yet to get yet ...

i also really like this marine liner rode on it as well

Marine Liner

I forgot about the Sunrise Express.  I don't own it and I've never been on it, either.  There's a JRE and JRW version of the train, I think.  Certainly the best looking of the trains that is painted with the "cream and red" colour scheme in my opinion:

6131653601_652f46ccac_z.jpg

JR type EC285 by kroooz, on Flickr

3534944421_9f91ab279c_z.jpg

Sunrise Express to Tokyo. by nicenature, on Flickr

Thanks for reminding me keitaro.  I might pick one up when I'm in Japan.

Cheers

The_Ghan

make sure you go over with the codes as I saw plenty of the shops still selling at regular prices the older set.

Though I think there are variations between the sets spec wise and that may be why they are still about.

Item number 2 of 2 is now here.  Yay!

488203_159733064150998_266879446_n.jpg

487471_159733084150996_973902362_n.jpg

377829_10151158628759842_305161020_n.jpg

Just the later EF66 Hayabusa in N scale by Tomix.  Did a size comparison with the Arii HO kit, both locos will be representing EF66 36.

I picked up the MA Keihan 8000 on Monday.

Niiiice lookin' train. Too lazy to take pics.

At this point I have a documented history of failed layout attempts so I am just going to collect trains for the time being.

Minitrains HOn30 Koppel loco. Not Japanese but could be used in a Japanese context.

Cheers NB

meanwhile my favourite is the sunrise express, a model i have yet to get yet ...

Marine Liner

Is it really that bad? I only hear complaints about Cityrail.

The Marine Liner is absolutely awesome, unfortunately there's no model available yet of the double decker.

At this point I have a documented history of failed layout attempts so I am just going to collect trains for the time being.

Keihan is definitively nice.

Lol. Well I hope my plans won't go like that.

Marine Liner

Is it really that bad? I only hear complaints about Cityrail.

The Marine Liner is absolutely awesome, unfortunately there's no model available yet of the double decker.

Keihan is definitively nice.

Lol. Well I hope my plans won't go like that.

Cityrail has it issues just like other train networks around Australia and around the world, I know that Metro Trains Melbourne have issues of trains over shooting their stop to the station platforms, braking issues and many other. Cityrail might have the same issues as well as heavy braking where the passengers can smell the burning of brakes well known to smell it from Town Hall all the way to St. James Station. (mostly underground stations)

I have been on nearly all of the NSWR (Cityrail and Intercity) trains when I have been into Sydney (dating back from 2002 to present) and still feel their train service is better then Melbourne Metro Train service (The Met, M>Train, Connex) as the Melbourne Rail networks has dropped it service just after the VR (Victoria Railways) was split up.

Just ordered two large sheets of XPS blue foam board. Hopefully the start of my first proper layout.

I am planning on building it specifically for running B Shortys

Just made my first purchase towards my layout - unfortunately not track but the Kato 10-418 Imperial Coach set from Yahoo! Japan Auctions, didn't have anyone bid against me in the end so I got that set for ¥8,000. Just a shame that Rinkya's service costs added 1/3 to the sale price. Will post photos when it arrives cause that seems to be the done thing, but from the description it also has its coach lights fitted, not sure if they were standard or not but at least I won't have to fit them myself if they weren't.

Currently bidding on the 3038 EF58 61 traction unit for it as well as a complete set I can trace them running up to 1996, though I'm assuming they were available to run for longer than that given the current train didn't come into service till the early 2000's. And as much as I like the new trainset I find it more romantic having a separate engine and coaches for royal trains - could be something about been British there though.

Just made my first purchase towards my layout - unfortunately not track but the Kato 10-418 Imperial Coach set from Yahoo! Japan Auctions

That's pretty cool.

I would drop the "unfortunately" though - you'll have more of a drive to complete a layout if you have a bunch of trains to run on it!

Currently bidding on the 3038 EF58 61 traction unit for it as well as a complete set I can trace them running up to 1996, though I'm assuming they were available to run for longer than that given the current train didn't come into service till the early 2000's. And as much as I like the new trainset I find it more romantic having a separate engine and coaches for royal trains - could be something about been British there though.

If you are referring to the Series E655 as being 'the new trainset', it was commissioned later than you think. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E655_series

Angus

I can't find much about it, but it seems like there was a period in which no dedicated Japanese Imperial Train existed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Train#Japan

The Japanese page has some dates and a link to the following picture of a train serving as one in the meantime (I think):

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:JRQ_Kiha185_on_Omeshi-ressha_20061030.jpg

(look at the two guys beside the driver in the front as well to the guy at the railway crossing on the right, crazy security but that seems less here: http://yukina21.com/karatu.htm)

That's pretty cool.

I would drop the "unfortunately" though - you'll have more of a drive to complete a layout if you have a bunch of trains to run on it!

I say unfortunately as I have nothing to put it on and the way the job huntings going at the moment its going to be a long time before I do, but all the talk of the E655 Imperial train made me want to get one of the older style ones.

If you are referring to the Series E655 as being 'the new trainset', it was commissioned later than you think. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E655_series

Angus

Yep it is the E655 serise that I was refering to as the new set - people on the boards talking about Kato's model of it made me want an Imperial train for my future layout.

And thanks again Anugs given your links I found EF58-61 Omeshi Ressha which would suggest the set I'm aiming to build up was still in use up to a couple of years ago - which suits me fine as it won't look out of place with my shinkansen which are likely to be the 700 series Rail Star's or the N700-8000 series (Rail Stars being the preference)

Items been paid for and will be shipped out on Tuesday 18th Sept due to Japanese Nation Holiday (17/9):

Keihan Type 600 K-ON Wrapping train

Series 583 Kitaguni (Basic 6 car set)

Looking at having the following items shipped out in two weeks time:

Series 200-2000 Tohoku Shinkansen (KATO re-release Full Set)

EF 81 with the Series 14 Nihonkai (Tomix Full Set)

EF510-500 Cassiopeia locomotive.

Keihan Type 600 K-ON Wrapping train

I have been looking at that as well, but I'm reluctant because I have to put it together myself, and even worse, have to attach the decals myself.