What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Guest Closed Account 1

Ordered a basic T-Gauge sectional track set with a PWM controller, 103 trains, flex track and accessories.

From the UK I ordered a T-Gauge BR HST 125 train.

Kato Hakubi Line freight set arrived from HS. The hoppers have moulded loads fitted. 

There are smoke collectors to fit over the D51 chimney and sets of numbers for locos that worked the line.

Shame to weather the set though.

Malcolm

Some stuff that arrived in December.

A package from HS with a bunch of scenery stuff and a B-Train Shorty Keihan 600 series K-ON, serves now as a desk toy.

The other was my first order from Popondetta. It includes two boxes of Tomytec buildings, two Tomix Wamu38000 (makes for a total of three now), Tomix Kiha 40-400, and second hand Kato Kiha 110-100 (both motorized and non-motorized). It's a pity I'm having motor-related problems with the Kiha40 that I still haven't solved. The second hand Kato Kiha 110's however can't be distinguished from new in all ways.

post-681-13569931701393_thumb.jpg

post-681-1356993170207_thumb.jpg

post-681-13569931702875_thumb.jpg

post-681-13569931703658_thumb.jpg

post-681-1356993170434_thumb.jpg

post-681-13569931705155_thumb.jpg

post-681-13569931705738_thumb.jpg

A very nice hual there Densha! (somehow, the 'like' button is missing...)

I love that Kiha! Didnt know Popondetta actually has such single cars up for sale under the 2nd hand column, or rather i didnt pay much attention to them as i only focus on sets instead... That's a good buy! However, i think i really dont like about Popondetta is the price tag they paste on the item itself... Gives too much 'evidence' to home finance minister...  :lipssealed:

A very nice hual there Densha! (somehow, the 'like' button is missing...)

I love that Kiha! Didnt know Popondetta actually has such single cars up for sale under the 2nd hand column, or rather i didnt pay much attention to them as i only focus on sets instead... That's a good buy! However, i think i really dont like about Popondetta is the price tag they paste on the item itself... Gives too much 'evidence' to home finance minister...  :lipssealed:

It is one of my favorite Kiha's but it has been sold out for so long. Finally I was able to get it 2nd hand.

Even if they get rid of the price tag the customs still charge the taxes as its written on the package. Funny was that Popondetta leaved their magnetic alarm chip inside the packages so you already know what happened when I left the post office. :grin

My Kato Nagomi (10-1123) arrived.  Actually it arrived Friday and I missed the postman, then I got to the office Saturday after they closed early for the holiday weekend. But fortunately they were open this morning.  I don't think I could have waited two more days without bursting.

Unfortunately I have company coming, so I won't be able to play with it for a bit.  I'll try to post some photos after we move to the new forum software tomorrow. 

In ordinary slightly dim incandescent light, the color is a bit muted.  It is a purple-brown metallic-flake, and under brighter, bluer lighting may appear more true to the original.  I'll have to see how it looks under the layout lights or try it outdoors.  That said, it's not terrible.

The instructions mention all three of Kato's DCC decoders, and it has the right hatches.  Recommended lighting is the 11-213/11-214 V2 LEDs. Minimum radius is R249. Couplers are Kato's usual body-mount Shibata close-couplers, in gray.  The motor is Kato's usual DCC one: flywheels, three-pole, skewed windings.

It's a beautiful model: up to Kato's best EMU standards. The gold stripes and lettering look crisp. The molded interior detail is in a muted blue-gray color.

Martijn Meerts

My Sankei Spirited Away bath house kit came in today, it weighs a ton, has a ridiculous amount of card stock sheets, and the instruction manual is en entire 83 pages ... I believe the little info sleeve that comes with it estimates building time at around 120 hours ..

• Like 3
My Sankei Spirited Away bath house kit came in today, it weighs a ton, has a ridiculous amount of card stock sheets, and the instruction manual is en entire 83 pages ... I believe the little info sleeve that comes with it estimates building time at around 120 hours ..

oooh cant wait to hear more on this! at least it wasnt the usual sankei one small sheet of simple outlines to build the structure!

jeff

OMG, 83 pages?

Please do as many pictures as you can about the building process! I am very curious about it and also would like to show it to my wife, she loves that movie.

So now we know what Martijn will be doing for the next 10 years.... 9 years to translate the manual.... 1 year to build... ;)  :)

Krackel Hopper

My latest purchase..

10041294p.jpg

Should look really good along side my DD53-2 rotary plow and DD18 russel plow..

Now I just want to find a MicroAce DE15 (A8710)

I ordered some Kato tracks and Tomytec buildings a few days ago. I am always hoping that I will build a small Japanese layout.

And it arrived...

post-212-0-03982300-1357461482_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts
Oh my, 83 pages and 120 hours. Now I'm actually curious what the exact weight is... :grin

I haven't weighed it yet, but there's some 50-ish sheets of card stock (most are around A4 sized), and the main structure sheets are fairly thick. I'll weigh the entire package if I don't forget :)

oooh cant wait to hear more on this! at least it wasnt the usual sankei one small sheet of simple outlines to build the structure!

jeff

It's VERY complex. In fact, it's probably the most complex building kit I've bought so far, and that includes the PG Gundam and Tamiya's Yamato with around 1700 etched brass detail bits. Heck, I'd go as far as to say that my 1/24 C62 kit is easier. They've also added a lot of internal structure, so the final building should be really sturdy.

OMG, 83 pages?

Please do as many pictures as you can about the building process! I am very curious about it and also would like to show it to my wife, she loves that movie.

It might take a while before I start building it, but I'll definitely post about the progress once I do. I'll also get some shots of the box, sheets and manual once I get a moment to do so.

So now we know what Martijn will be doing for the next 10 years.... 9 years to translate the manual.... 1 year to build... ;)  :)

There's not much translation needed, it's mostly a visual manual. There's a few lines of text which are repeated often, so I'll need to figure those out, but other than that it should be fine. Very similar to Gundam kit manuals really.

• Like 1

My first order from FModels arrived, an E5 add-on set B (accompanied by some handouts and a nice little Christmas card hand-written in German!). 

post-188-0-34213000-1357689891_thumb.jpg

The haul from Akihabara yesterday. Poppondetta is bad for your wallet... Too bad I very much dislike Akihabara. Too much nerdy stuff and nerdy people.

B-Trains:

- Keikyu 2100 Type (2 boxes, 2 cars);

- Keikyu 1000 Type, 110 Year anniversary wrapping (1 box, 4 cars);

- Keikyu 1000 Type, Arigato Gallery wrapping (ready made);

- Keisei AE Type 2nd edition, Skyliner (1 box, 4 cars);

- Keisei 3000 Type 7th edition, 3050 Type (2 boxes, 2 cars).

Tomytec:

- Enoden mini bus, M006;

- Nissan Fairlady Z (a small present for my girlfriend);

I've decided to go for B-train shorties, because they're fun, cheap and small. My focus for now will be on the 1,435mm railway network of the Keisei Group, Toei Asakusa line, and Keikyu. There are quite some models out there to collect!

Edited by Toni Babelony

@Toni

It was just a matter of time until you started raiding the model train shops wasn't it? :D

Anyway, nice stuff you got there, but I still don't really see how people like those B-Train Shorties so much. I only have got the Keihan 600 in K-ON livery as a one-time thing. Cheap they are though and they don't take up much space.

*Currently negotiating with Popondetta via email about my Tomix Kiha40*

Edited by Densha