Tomix - New Releases

Gordon Werner

From the pics I can't tell if the "grass" is flat or flocked. It is interesting, though.

probably not flocked ... which, while not as cool, is a lot easier than dealing with motors/gears getting gunked up with "grass"

If using 2 mm grass strands, the base surface has to be 2 mm lower from the road surface variant to clear the bogies. This is a decal which is ok for the grass but the stone version had a 3d textured variant in unpainted kit form which looks better once assembled and painted.

The single track grass example clearly has a different surface than the two track version.

It looks better, but that may only be because there are no section joints visible.

Some of our Indonesian friends are gonna love the 6 car 6000 series.

Absolutely right katoftw.. :D some friends are obvlously super excited as this is the first time Tomytec finally release the Toei with intermediate cars..

even more beautiful with the new KCJ livery, so I believe we will do repaint job once received the item in hand..

Here is the link on youtube video:

HantuBlauLOL

Some of our Indonesian friends are gonna love the 6 car 6000 series.

its the non air conditioned version.. i'll pass this one and buy the izukyu 8000 instead.

Here's the official video from Tomytec explaining how to use the new Bunk bedding for Tomix Wide rails...

I do like the idea of a higher and lower one! Great for views!

• Like 11
Gordon Werner

i'm assuming these are TomyTec models?

From Hankyu's official twitter account @hankyu_ex

CqbUWo5WcAAnUXo.jpg

2016年発売の阪急電車の鉄道コレクションは京都線の【5300系】! ◎10月8日(土)発売 ◎駅ごあんないカウンター、鉄道フェスティバル(東京・日比谷公園)、鉄道甲子園オンラインショップ、他 ◎2両セット・各3,500円

i'm assuming these are TomyTec models?

From Hankyu's official twitter account @hankyu_ex

CqbUWo5WcAAnUXo.jpg

2016年発売の阪急電車の鉄道コレクションは京都線の【5300系】! ◎10月8日(土)発売 ◎駅ごあんないカウンター、鉄道フェスティバル(東京・日比谷公園)、鉄道甲子園オンラインショップ、他 ◎2両セット・各3,500円

If its directly from Hankyu those models might not be for general release, just for Hankyu stores.

If its directly from Hankyu those models might not be for general release, just for Hankyu stores.

On sale from Oct 8th at (Hankyu) station information counters, the Railway Festival (Tokyo Hibiya Park), Tetsudou Koushien Online Shop, others. I didn't know about that festival, might see if I can drag the Squidlet along.

On sale from Oct 8th at (Hankyu) station information counters, the Railway Festival (Tokyo Hibiya Park), Tetsudou Koushien Online Shop, others. I didn't know about that festival, might see if I can drag the Squidlet along.

At this festival you can take advantage of a rare occasion to obtain Kansai-only releases from Tomytec in the Kantō area. I've never visited and don't know if I'm able to this year, though it seems like a nice enough event, as there are also a few performances, food and it's outside (which is rare for most railway related events, apart from public days at depots).

Sōtetsu and their incredibly bad planning on releasing models... At least in regards to my MONEY! I wanted to get two of the new livery 9000 Series, that were just released, but now they also announced the old livery 9000 Series for release THIS SAME MONTH! That's quite insane and expensive...

• Like 1

Also - What is a Koki 110?

There was only 5 of them built in 2001, they are based on the Koki 106 and were designed to travel at 110km/h, I know they were still in circulation around May 2013 but since then I don't know their fate, from the photos I have seen they have always remained together in a rake on short container trains such as the former services on the Kisei Mainline.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/anchinsa_sharyouzukan/31628756.html

Edited by Das Steinkopf