Tomix - New Releases

Wow, the gray EF510-500 after transfer to JRF.  I guess Tomix couldn't resist skipping a few decals and selling it as a different item.

Wow. Again many attractive items!

The Mita line 6000 Series was expected, but uncertain for a release. I'm glad to see it eventually is announced. Our Indonesian friends must be jumping for joy now! I'm contemplating on getting one, though it's quite expensive for a non motorised, all plastic 6-car set. :/

The Tomiida 17m trains also look quite attractive to me, since IMHO it's always good to have a fleet of small sized EMU for temporary layouts :)

The Bus Set 21 also doesn't have a Kanachū model in it per tradition, which means a sixth Kanachū collection will be announced soon with a mid-size Isuzu Erga Mio in it. I wonder what the second one will be in this set... Maybe another new model? Hino Blue Ribbon City? Maybe a custom paintjob like one of the three Kanamin-bus, or Kanachan-gō liveries? :D

• Like 1

Wow. Again many attractive items!

The Mita line 6000 Series was expected, but uncertain for a release. I'm glad to see it eventually is announced. Our Indonesian friends must be jumping for joy now! I'm contemplating on getting one, though it's quite expensive for a non motorised, all plastic 6-car set. :/

Hi Toni... wow.. so this is another similar Toei 6000 by Tomytec but on Mita Line? OMG... this is much better than the two car set.. unbelievable there are so many good releases prior to this end of year... Now I got headache.. LoL

Edit: Sorry just got info from friend that this one is a Non-AC version unlike Kumamoto.. so probably it's still better the Kumamoto one.. but this one has intermediate cars which is very cool!

Edited by Robert46

I always go crazy for another bus collection set!  :)   Finally we are getting some smaller mini buses!

The painted train is very interesting indeed! And that 323 series! I do reckon that it will be in the price range of the 227 series though....

This looks already hundred times better than Kato's old C11, and it is only a pre-production model yet! I know I shouldn't get into steam trains, but seeing things like this makes it very tempting. Just like the Kato C51, C56 and C12 did.

I think after the Kato C50 which is an awesome runner, we'll see a new Kato C11.

Hopefully after Kato and Tomix have done these newer and smaller SL chassis, a 8620 might be in the works.

One thought I didn't convey before was that with Tomix doing the Mooka C11 and three cars that aren't generic in any way or form.  For someone like myself, I am hopeful a SL Hitoyoshi will be coming soon.  I guess one engine and three cars, just like the Mooka releases would be same pricing.

I think after the Kato C50 which is an awesome runner, we'll see a new Kato C11.

Hopefully after Kato and Tomix have done these newer and smaller SL chassis, a 8620 might be in the works.

One thought I didn't convey before was that with Tomix doing the Mooka C11 and three cars that aren't generic in any way or form.  For someone like myself, I am hopeful a SL Hitoyoshi will be coming soon.  I guess one engine and three cars, just like the Mooka releases would be same pricing.

Kato have indeed announced a new C11 in their current catalog.

The 8620 is about the only major JNR steamer missing at the moment.

This looks already hundred times better than Kato's old C11, and it is only a pre-production model yet! I know I shouldn't get into steam trains, but seeing things like this makes it very tempting. Just like the Kato C51, C56 and C12 did.

More detailed than the Tramway C11 too, but I'd like a look the mechanism to see how easy it is going to be to install DCC.  That's the clincher for me, Tramway got that part right with the six pin NEM plug.

Kato have indeed announced a new C11 in their current catalog.

The 8620 is about the only major JNR steamer missing at the moment.

I didn't know a new C11 was in the work officially.  I'd heard rumours only.

Hopefully a 8620 isn't too far away then also.

Gordon Werner

NGI has posted a gallery of forthcoming TomyTec releases here: 

https://picasaweb.google.com/ngauge.information/6313760492391391329?authkey=Gv1sRgCMC5hse_ofX-8QE&feat=embedwebsite

以下パネル&試作品掲載リストです。

パネル&試作品掲載リスト
鉄道コレクション キハ54 0番代「おさんぽなんよ」/現行仕様 (パネル)
鉄道コレクション 富井電鉄 17m級大型電車A/B (パネル)
鉄道コレクション 小田急1800形(最終編成) (パネル)
鉄道コレクション 東京都交通局6000形(非冷房車) (パネル)
ザ・トラックコレクション 第9弾 (パネル)
ザ・バスコレクション 第21弾 (パネル)
全国バスコレ80 JH017 南部バス (パネル)
鉄道コレクション 第23弾
鉄道コレクション 伊豆急行8000系(TA-5編成)A
鉄道コレクション 伊豆急行8000系(TB-5編成)B
鉄道コレクション 小田急1800形(最終編成)
鉄道コレクション 伊予鉄道2000形C(モハ2005)
鉄道コレクション 伊予鉄道700系 B
鉄道コレクション 銚子電気鉄道3000形
鉄道コレクション 阪堺電車モ161形 166号車 雲形グリーン
鉄道コレクション 阪堺電車モ161形 163号車 旧南海色
TM-TR04 鉄道コレクション動力ユニット 大型路面電車用
鉄道コレクション 関東鉄道キハ310形 復刻塗装
鉄道コレクション 関東鉄道キハ310形 関鉄カラー
鉄道コレクション 島原鉄道キハ2500形(標準塗装・復刻塗装)
鉄道コレクション JR107系0番代 日光線(新塗装)
鉄道コレクション JR107系100番代 両毛線(前期型)
鉄道コレクション 東武鉄道8000系 8163編成 東武アーバンパークライン
鉄道コレクション 西日本鉄道3000形 3両セット
鉄道コレクション 西日本鉄道3000形 2両セット
鉄道コレクション 熊本市交通局5000形(最終塗装車)A
TM-TR03 鉄道コレクション動力ユニット 路面2連接車用
全国バスコレクション<JB035>東京ベイシティ交通
全国バスコレクション<JB036>島原鉄道
全国バスコレクション<JB038>富山地方鉄道
ザ・バスコレクション 宮崎交通ヒト・ものハコぶエコロジーバス
全国バスコレクション<JB037>国際興業
ザ・バスコレクション 一畑バス “ご縁バス”しまねっこ号
ザ・バスコレクション走行システム 神奈川中央交通ツインライナー
<JH012>全国バス80 朝日自動車
<JH013>全国バス80 徳島バス
鉄道コレクション ナローゲージ80 猫屋線キハ1・ホハフ50旧塗装・新塗装(イメージ)

Edited by Gordon Werner
  • Like 2
Gordon Werner

and future Tomix releases here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/ngauge.information/6313765895569034081?authkey=Gv1sRgCOe9pdjcmf3B1wE&feat=embedwebsite

パネル&試作品掲載リスト

JR 323系通勤電車(大阪環状線) (パネル)
JR EF510-500形電気機関車(JR貨物仕様・銀色) (パネル)
東武100系スペーシア(日光詣スペーシア・新エンブレム) (パネル)
JR 30D形コンテナ(新塗装) (パネル)
【第56回全日本模型ホビーショー会場記念アイテム】40周年記念コンテナ貨車 (パネル)
JR 225-6000系近郊電車(4両編成)
JR 225-6000系近郊電車(6両編成)
小田急ロマンスカー10000形HiSE(ロゴマーク付)
近畿日本鉄道 30000系ビスタEX
京都丹後鉄道KTR8000形(丹後の海)
<限定>マルチレールクリーニングカー(トミックス40周年記念カラー)
真岡鐵道 C11形蒸気機関車(325号機)
国鉄貨車 ヨ5000形
国鉄貨車 ワム3500形
私有 U48A-38000形コンテナ(日本通運・スーパーグリーンシャトルライナー)
<限定>JR 500-7000系山陽新幹線(500 TYPE EVA)
JR 583系電車(JR東日本N1・N2編成・床下黒色)
国鉄 165系急行電車基本C
国鉄 167系電車(冷改車・湘南色)
JR キハ58系急行ディーゼルカー(砂丘・国鉄色)
JRディーゼルカー キハ52-100形(盛岡色)
JR キハ183-500系特急ディーゼルカー(北斗)
国鉄 115-300系近郊電車(湘南色)
JR 485系特急電車(上沼垂色・白鳥)A
JR 485系特急電車(上沼垂色・白鳥)B
きかんしゃトーマス(※展示は旧製品)
(1/80)国鉄153系急行電車(冷改車・高運転台)
(1/80)国鉄153系急行電車(冷改車・低運転台)
(1/80)国鉄電車 クモニ83-0形(湘南色)
(1/80)小田急ロマンスカー50000形VSEモックアップ

• Like 4

Ah, I see Tomix is finally re-releasing Thomas the Tank Engine, with an upgraded mechanism.  My little one will be very happy, and I won't need to pay stupid prices for one either.  Hopefully Percy and James are not too far behind.

*edit: The blog on HS indicated that the mech has been upgraded with flywheel, just in case anyone was wondering.

Edited by VJM
  • Like 2

Ah, I see Tomix is finally re-releasing Thomas the Tank Engine, with an upgraded mechanism.  My little one will be very happy, and I won't need to pay stupid prices for one either.  Hopefully Percy and James are not too far behind.

*edit: The blog on HS indicated that the mech has been upgraded with flywheel, just in case anyone was wondering.

Any idea when they plan to release the renewed Thomas?

Any idea when they plan to release the renewed Thomas?

According to the pictures and blogs, Winter is the time frame that they give, so I would expect around or just after Christmas.

• Like 1

Another surprise from Tomyec: http://www.jp-ngauge.info/ngi/2016/08/2016-b598.html

The announcement of the Sotetsu 9000 Series in the refurbished edition (probably meaning the original version will be released after that). Comes this time as a three-car set instead of the regular two-car set. I'll most probably get two sets and search for two extra front cars to form two four-car formations to match my all-four-car-unrealistic Sotetsu collection for my unrealistic and fictional Sotetsu Sagami line.

Ken,

These are indeed meant to represent other tram track situations, but I believe they are just standard Tomix tram track with some decals put on. I don't know about how they look in person though.

• Like 1