Tomix - New Releases

Yay, Japanese HO NG!

Cheers NB

Nick, I'm very interested in these as well. Are they generic models, or based on anything specific?

Cheers,

Mark.

serotta1972

I just noticed the re-release of the Tomix 92869 Series 300-0 Shinkansen Basic set and Add ons and Pre-Orders are now open.

I just noticed the re-release of the Tomix 92869 Series 300-0 Shinkansen Basic set and Add ons and Pre-Orders are now open.

Yap I noticed that too from my 1 week holiday return... But i'm still thinking if I really should expand my 300 series... I guess 6 is a nice number to stop at, since there are 6-car Special Hikari/ Kodama services ~~  :)

10395255k.jpg 

I noticed this too, and is particularly interested in the 189 series Azusa colour. Through helping my friend plan his Japan trip recently, I realised that I totally missed this 189, which ran as a Holiday Rapid Fuji from Shinjuku to Kawaguchi Cho, and transverse along the Chuo Main line... I'm liking the colour and also missing a older 189 series in my fleet... The thing is, why is it HG but not TN coupled ? Sad.....

• Like 1
Gordon Werner

事務所に寄ってみたら、今月末発売の鉄コレ京成3500形未更新車4両セットの工場生産サンプルが。 たくさん並べると気分は宗吾参道!他の形式も欲しくなりますね… (一部、パーツを取り付けた写真もあります)

TomyTec Railway Collection Keisei type 3500 factory production samples ...

Ck9rKAGWUAAoxAt.jpg

Ck9rKAEXIAAhuXL.jpg

Ck9rKAHWkAAf2EF.jpg

Ck9rKAKWEAAgWy3.jpg

Edited by Gordon Werner
  • Like 2

Goshdarnit. Just as I was on the verge of completely shifting to Sotetsu (with Kanto Railway on the side) for my full-size trains... I'll consider them though.

Yap I noticed that too from my 1 week holiday return... But i'm still thinking if I really should expand my 300 series... I guess 6 is a nice number to stop at, since there are 6-car Special Hikari/ Kodama services ~~  :)

This should be a good news for the 300series fan like me.. haha.. :D at first I thought I didn't need to get another full set since I already have one, but got them used.. so I am considering to buy new.. actually I was hoping the release for JR West model with blue JR mark... but it's fine.. at least we can get the 300-0series in cheaper price...

JR500.. you do need to expand your 300 series.. being a 6 cars only with one single pantograph it never looks good.. haha.. And be sure about Kato offer on limited edition 500series EVA as well... :P

Nick_Burman

Nick, I'm very interested in these as well. Are they generic models, or based on anything specific?

Cheers,

Mark.

Haven't got the faintest idea Mark!  :grin  Like you, I've just seen the poster, would really like to know more about it myself.

They look like as if there were built around a standard TM chassis, though. In any case these railcars will look good ferrying folks around my sugar cane railway.

I hope that the series are a success and that Tomytec brings out more stuff...especially freight cars.

Cheers NB

• Like 1
Nick_Burman

Could almost pass for a U.S. subway or EL car.

Unsurprising as the NYC subway system was the blueprint for the Ginza and Marunouchi lines (more the first than the second)...

Cheers NB

Guest keio6000

don't think i've seen this posted yet ...

apologies if it has

thanks for posting.  i'll take 3 sets immediately.  

looks weird with an all orange 'clean' top though.  that must have lasted for like 10 minutes out of the factory.

Martijn Meerts

Wasn't expecting Tomix to come out with one so soon, was pretty sure Kato managed to get some sort of exclusivity deal for at least a year or something.

The Tomix version is imho a non exclusive set and comes with a prototypical first car with exhibit and cockpit. (i don't know about the detail level though)

amazing they finally announced it... this should be a good news.. but now, would make me confused.. which one will come with better finished model? Kato or Tomix.. haha.. price I guess will be more or less the same..

I also got this link...

http://www.jp-ngauge.info/ngi/2016/07/tomix2016122017-51a2.html

Tomix has all-wheel pick-up so I lean toward them. I knew this was going to happen and that's why I held off on the Kato model. I don't think the Tomix model will be a disappointment given the price point and the expectations people have for this set. Will wait to see a bit though before I order to see what pre-order prices look like. 

Edited by nah00