Tomix - New Releases

Gordon Werner
Gordon Werner

also on HobbySearch

The Railway Collection Ichibata Electric Railway Series 1000 `Goen Train` (Shimanekko Go II) (2-Car Set) (Model Train

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10402449

The Railway Collection J.R. Series 105 Kabe Line (K13 Formation / Hiroshima Color) (2-Car Set) (Model Train)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10402448

The Railway Collection Ueda Electric Railway Series 6000 [sanada Dream Go] (2-Car Set) (Model Train)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10402446

The Railway Collection J.R. Series 105 Sakurai Line / Wakayama Line (05 Formation / Wakayama Color) (2-Car Set) (Model Train)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10402444

amongst others ...

Edited by Gordon Werner

Hot diggity! Tomix will be releasing the Mooka Railway C11 with matching coaches! Can this be a prelude to a MoOKa 14 diesel car follow-up? I'd dedicate a few boxes to complete a contemporary Mooka Railway collection if that were the case (and if finances would allow).

Hot diggity! Tomix will be releasing the Mooka Railway C11 with matching coaches! Can this be a prelude to a MoOKa 14 diesel car follow-up? I'd dedicate a few boxes to complete a contemporary Mooka Railway collection if that were the case (and if finances would allow).

Tramway, a new release from Kato and now Tomix, we're going to be over run with C11's.  It never rains but it pours.

10402476a.jpg 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10402476

10402474a.jpg 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10402474

Interesting buildings! Finally a good and correct place to park that long-arm demolition crusher and its friends!

10102674b.jpg 

Although they say it is 'building in demolition', I see a possibility of using these too for a nice battle scene with 1/144 tanks, or even some damaged buildings by that nasty 1/144 scale Devil Gundam ~~  :)

• Like 3

And I thought it was goji coming to town!

Wonder if they are going to release some of the demolition machines separately. The vehicle collection sets seem to have totally stopped except for busses sadly.

Jeff

I didn't because it is HO Scale (1/80)

Yes, that why I noticed it. I'm modelling in 1/80th scale. Lucky for me I'm immune to the charms of Odakyu. :)

Cheers,

Mark

Guest keio6000

So, for those of you who might not know why i and the bananas above are so happy, this is the tomix announcement of the toei shinjuku line 10-000 series train  - 4th generation.     The toei shinjuku line runs through to the keio line that i am a fan of.

this is a slightly obscure, or at least unremarkable train and line otherwise.  indeed, until about 2 or 3 years, ago, the only released n gauge toei shinjuku line set was a very hard to find and quite expensive endou metal set.  then, a few years ago microace did the wonderful and unexpected and released both a 10-000 and 10-300 set plus also a 10-300R set that is a hybrid of the two.  i think most people who had gone years without any toei shinjuku releases were quite happy with this.  However, the MA 10-300 only really was appropriate for the 1st and 2nd generation vehicles - the 3rd and 4th had small but noticeable differences (such as larger headlights).  but.. it was a bit much to ask somebody to release this too, right? 

well, tomix has announced a release of this.   a very strange choice for a manufacturer which as far as i can recall, has not once made any subway type (other than as tetsudou collection).  but is it that strange, really?  

about a year or so ago tomix also gave those of us who like short-lifespan lookalike spamboxes another wonderful and unexpected release-  their seibu 4000.  

n0833.jpg

That was a very solid release and i suspect this one will be similar in a lot of ways.

by the way, the difference between the 10-300 3rd and 4th generation?  the 3rd doesnt have the green sub-stripe.   there's nothing stopping tomix from making the 3rd gen using this mould, but they probably wont.

Edited by keio6000

well, tomix has announced a release of this.   a very strange choice for a manufacturer which as far as i can recall, has not once made any subway type (other than as tetsudou collection).  but is it that strange, really?  

about a year or so ago tomix also gave those of us who like short-lifespan lookalike spamboxes another wonderful and unexpected release-  their Odakyū 4000.  

It's not really that strange, as these trains are all of the extended of the narrow-body JR East E233 family, which was also released by Tomix (E233-2000) the same time as the Odakyū 4000. Tomix did this before with the Sōtetsu 11000 Series as it's based on the wide-body E233 family. Intriguing however is that Tomix didn't make a Sōtetsu 10000 Series -which is based on the JR East E231 family, nor any other private railway offspring of the E231 family.

Guest keio6000

It's not really that strange, as these trains are all of the extended of the narrow-body JR East E233 family, which was also released by Tomix (E233-2000) the same time as the Odakyū 4000. Tomix did this before with the Sōtetsu 11000 Series as it's based on the wide-body E233 family. Intriguing however is that Tomix didn't make a Sōtetsu 10000 Series -which is based on the JR East E231 family, nor any other private railway offspring of the E231 family.

Yes, that is the commonality, but they're still different enough that quite a few mould tweaks are needed.

Yes, that is the commonality, but they're still different enough that quite a few mould tweaks are needed.

Considering moulds can be made modular nowadays, with these trains also being modular concepts, I think this is the reason Tomix is releasing many variants of this family. Probably having learned a lot with these modular moulds from their Tomytec Collection series, they've decided to put it to use with their Tomix models. I think with this in mind, we can expect more major variations on popular train families from Tomix in the future to come.

160713_tomytec_3627.jpg

160713_tomytec_3650.jpg

Two things that got my attention from the last Tomix meeting.  Re release of Thomas stuff and Mooka's C11 and 50 series coaches?

• Like 3
Nick_Burman

Tramway, Kato and now Tomix...It's the War of the C11's! :grin

Cheers NB

Tramway, Kato and now Tomix...It's the War of the C11's! :grin

I know who I'm rooting for! The one with the correct numberplate! :D