Tomix - New Releases

Tomytec is for those trains that are not released by others but you want to get anyway. Also great for those collectors who don't run them. They could just get the pantographs.

On the other hand i've bought 4 Chuo line Tomytec sets for 2000 a set. Replaced the wheels with the old style Tomix wheels and left the foldable plastic pantographs on. The default plastic couplers work nicely and i've only needed one motor for every 10 car A+B set. This way i can accept that there are no working headlights. (I did get some replacable destination boards though, usually found in high grade sets and car number decals are also preinstalled.)

One explanation I have seen is that Tomytec is the train many rode to school and this is a nostalgia market. How many actually do get motorized might be interesting.  

001003_3.jpg

I ordered one of each Hankai Tramway 161 as they are the oldest trams in regular service in Japan and a pretty good classic streetcar.

Also, Tomytec already has the mould of the 8000 series in so many of their releases, like the two tone colour, renewal formation 8175, the coming Flying Tojo... so having this Urban Park one isn't that difficult...

The thing is at retail, it is already 9000 yen. The 6-car Osaka Subway set was going for 7800 retail too. Going back, we recall the 5-car 201 series Chuo lines going for 4500 retail and a 201 Tokaido Sanyo Line 7-car set going at 7700 yen.

I see a price hike coming... Which is bad...

And with the previously released short straight and turnout reverse curve, these now allow fully concrete/resin tie based layouts, including the diorama mat.

synthetic sleepers?

And with the previously released short straight and turnout reverse curve, these now allow fully concrete/resin tie based layouts, including the diorama mat.

yes- and what kvp said.

Tomix now have 5 radi of curves available in C253-391 in 15 and 45 degrees. Plus the odd C541-15 and C605-10.

And all the regular straights plus the odd 72.5mm and 99mm versions.

I think the only ones they haven't release yet is 18.5mm and 37mm.

Making a contemporary layout has never been easier with Tomix.  The PC pieces also accept the under track hidden power feeds and sensors.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

10389903k.jpg 

The Tadami line 2-car limited edition set looks MIGHTY interesting... I mean, who wouldn't like a painted train?  :)

• Like 2

This does not completely belong in this topic, but I'm thinking of getting a Tomii 12m EMU and painting it into Akita Chuo Kotsu livery to fit with in my DeWa 3000 and NaHaFu 20 and create an alternate reality in which the Akita Chuo Kotsu Line continued to exist a while longer beyond the actual closure in 1969.

The unit looks rather good in this livery, even with my atrocious Photoshopping skills.

post-638-0-41733800-1463353063_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Holy!

25-1008.jpg

USB charge for the articulated bus chassis?

19-1004.jpg

Can't wait for this one!
  • Like 6

25-1008.jpg

USB charge for the articulated bus chassis?

Not just USB charging, but also a gear transmission speed option and an illuminated destination display. I'm not sure if the transmission speed is the same as before (magnetic), but the USB charging is definitely a plus! Not sure if I remember correctly, but I do remember Mr. Ogawa from Kanachū telling me this a few months ago.

• Like 2
Mudkip Orange

Konan Tetsudou 7000 series (full stainless steel)

It won't fool actual railfans, but for the public at shows this would be a reasonable standin for CTA, NYCTA, or SEPTA cars.

It won't fool actual railfans, but for the public at shows this would be a reasonable standin for CTA, NYCTA, or SEPTA cars.

Tōkyū Sharyō got Budd licences to build all-stainless steel cars around 1962 to build the 7000 Series. It's no coincidence these look like USA designed commuter trains.

The first few seconds I was looking at the photo I really thought I was looking at a New York subway car, but after my eye was drawn to the Japanese scenery and company name I realized that it was a Japanese train after all.

Edited by Densha
HantuBlauLOL

Not just USB charging, but also a gear transmission speed option and an illuminated destination display. I'm not sure if the transmission speed is the same as before (magnetic), but the USB charging is definitely a plus! Not sure if I remember correctly, but I do remember Mr. Ogawa from Kanachū telling me this a few months ago.

real life car gearboxes are switched with transversal motion.. the 1/150 one could be triggered by magnet mechanically..

current tomytec bus is just hall effect sensor for the magnet in the road and it triggers the operating circuit to raise/lower the power to the motor. gearing does not change. its just throttle control for fast/slow. im betting they have not changed this in how it all works but maybe different speeds for the articulated model, probably does not go around curves fast well!

jeff

Got it also pre-ordered!!

19-1004.jpg

Can't wait for this one!

Nice to see an actual model, not at all having second thoughts now about getting the whole 16 car set. 

are the bottom two fantasy models? or do they have specific prototypes that they are modeling?

The 12m EMU is based on Ueda Moha 2320 later Choshi Electric 501.  The 15M EMU is another Choshi Electric EMU 301.  I beleive the colors on the 301 and the 501 are prototypical.  The railway name is fictious.

Edited by bill937ca