Tomix - New Releases

Apart from the control system:

- Wifi-enabled camera car

- sound unit

Camera car and control system sound interesting for me. I will have to investigate before setting up DC cab control on the new bit of my layout...

Wifi-enabled camera car is on my wishlist too, that is very intersting

Aabout Tomix I'll only be happy if they will engineer their trains to accept a DCC decoder even if they never plan to do it themselves

The Tomytec motors are actually very easy to DCC as there are usually solder points at the motor tabs, but the added cost of drop in sockets and blank plugs with diodes are not really in line with Tomix CL support and their analog control systems.

ps: the demo camera car seemed to be an orange Chuo line 233, so we could probably expect a whole line (and another reason for me to get another Chuo set)

It has been announced that to celebrate the retirement of motor car 110 of the Hakone Tozan Railway a model of this train will be produced by Tomytec. It will only be available at a few selected places in Japan, only during this month. Source: Hakone Tozan Railway website

Considering that I actually rode this specific motor car 110 last week conscious of that it would be retired soon, and that it is a very nice train anyway, I am very keen on getting one of these at the Nankai Densha Matsuri on 29 October. On the other hand, another part of my brain tells me that I should not expand my focus to even more different places and railway lines. But... but...

Edited by Densha
  • Like 1

The problem is, if I'm getting this one then I need to get one in red livery as well!

Modemo also did the older Hakone Tozan trains, including car 108 in the same blue-yellow livery. I'm wondering if those aren't better models than the Tomytec ones. They seem to go for a very acceptable price at Yahoo Auctions as well.

Modemo also did the older Hakone Tozan trains, including car 108 in the same blue-yellow livery. I'm wondering if those aren't better models than the Tomytec ones. They seem to go for a very acceptable price at Yahoo Auctions as well.

The Modemo ones probably are the overall better package. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10126222/10/0

But they are not SUPAH LIMITED! :icon_brilsmurf:

If I buy the Tomytec I can just buy it and keep it laying around unpowered and without added details for years, while when you buy the Modemo one you pay more initially but also get more. Motorizing and adding details to Tomytec models isn't that cheap either, so I'm still not really sure. I found some interesting deals on Yahoo Auctions for Modemo Hakone Tozan trains, but I'm not sure whether I should venture into that world. Just buying a single 700 yen Tomytec train is much less of an expense after all. Getting the red-gray Tomytec model from TetsuKore volume 17 should also not be that expensive. Oh the dilemmas.

Does any old moha 1 or 2 series remain? If not in regular service, at least as a museum train? Is there any plans to save this car as at least a static exhibit?

Hakone Tozan will still have two MoHa 2's in service: 108 and 109 for their ancient dual-cab fleet operations. With the remaining two 2-car MoHa 1 sets (single-cab) (103-104 and 107-106), these will be used in combination with the MoHa 2s when there is a demand for higher capacity.

Edited by Kabutoni

So only 109 will remain of the dual cab cars? What are the plans for 110? (maybe giving it to a museum would be a good idea?)

ps: Is there anyone here who is willing to get this Tomytec model for me? (i'll pay the purchase and postage prices)

Edited by kvp

So only 109 will remain of the dual cab cars? What are the plans for 110? (maybe giving it to a museum would be a good idea?)

Sorry, my mistake. I mixed up numbers while writing. 108 and 109 will remain (logically). 110's faith is unknown, but I think it'll probably be scrapped if nobody is interesting in saving/purchasing it. Remember, there are still six old cars in operation.

When I saw the product poster, I was eh and then I saw a picture of the actual model and I'm like wow!  I really like the red mask and red striping the length of the body. Very simple and understated livery, I like it! Will go pre-order now.  :)

98019_l.jpg

Edited by serotta1972

It was to be expected these were coming. The 80 series revival livery on the 700 looked really good in person, so I think I'll get that one. As for the other one I'm a bit in doubt, because I have plenty other Keihan trains with this sort of ads and I have too much 600s already any way. It also looked rather good in person though.

Das Steinkopf

This was just posted on TamTam's twitter.

attachicon.gifIMG_20161012_071805.jpg

Looking forward to the Euphonium Keihan.

I'm looking forward to getting both the 700 Series and 600 Series, hopefully they will both be carried by online retailers, if not I will have to take a chance on getting them when I am over there in April.

Edit: Just checked Hobby Search hopefully the other retailers follow suit.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10421207

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10421200

Edited by Das Steinkopf
Das Steinkopf

Tomix is really taking Kato to task with their Taki1000 release, they have almost as much variety in one release than Kato has in 9 years, not only that they have the versions fitted with the tail lights as well as plain versions.

post-3083-0-81790100-1476276164_thumb.png

• Like 1

Some new store also:-

old

10147194b4.jpg

new

RAIL-22342.jpg

The 7-11 doesn't look overly different.

With those Takis, anyone have better descriptions of them?  I see some a 2 cars sets with a case.  Just a case.  With lights, without lights.  Which have number decals?

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1
Das Steinkopf

Some new store also:-

With those Takis, anyone have better descriptions of them? I see some a 2 cars sets with a case. Just a case. With lights, without lights. Which have number decals?

Hobby Search had a bit more detail, there are two sets one 2 Car set and a 1 Car set that are for US Military Fuel Transport which is for JP8 Jet Fuel transport, the others are standard JOT tankers with or without the ENEOS logo, I will definitely be targeting the latter two as I don't have a need for the JP8 tankers. By the looks of it 3 will be for US Military use (1 x 2 car set, 1 car set), 1 will be with the ENEOS logo and 4 will be plain JOT livery (1 x 2 car set, 1 car set and 1 car with taillight), added to that will be the decal sheets with probably another 10 different numbers, I know I will be boosting my fleet by at least another 5 tankers. Edited by Das Steinkopf

Thanks for the info.  HS did do better text after I posted my question.  Good news is you can get the decals from either the tail light tanker or the 2 car case sets.

- For with tail light
- Reproduce the appearance fitted with a lighting ceremony rear marker lights
A handle deck side of the tail light lighting ceremony
- Car number printed
- Vehicle number change for the transfer sheet included

- About the US Tan
· JP-8 reproduced in print the mark
- Car number printed

- For with ENEOS mark
· ENEOS Mark Eco Rail Mark printed
- Car number printed

- For limiting 2-Car Set (two)
- Housed in a book-type case (12 cars can be accommodated)
- Car number printed Taki 1000 set the form two-car
- Vehicle number change for the transfer sheet included
Reflective plate parts are included

- For vehicle case
- Taki the vehicle of the 1000 form size 12 cars can be accommodated

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

Maybe more of the signs are printed on the store instead of being stickers? Hopefully they did that with those god-awful window stickers.

Yokota used Taki1000s? I thought they only used the black Taki35000s for JP-8. Would have rather had them make the other 2 pack have the ENEOS mark than the JP-8 one though. I'll try to resist buying these but will probably give in. I'd like to see a Tomix Taki1000 next to a Kato Taki1000 to see how big of a difference there is size and detail wise.

Also for your shopping pleasure:

https://www.amazon.com/Kato-8050-2-35000-Japan-Transport/dp/B0019Y6W0I

edit: boy do I feel dumb looking at Yokota on Google Maps and seeing a rake of Takis at the unloading stands...

Edited by nah00

10402431a3.jpg 

Wow... that painted interior... amazing... I am so glad I pre-ordered this!

*Edit - I just checked again... it seems like it is a decal sheet... but nevertheless amazing...

* Edit again....  - Grade-up transfer sheet comes (2016/09/21 specification change)
- The transfer sheet is not included for the grade up
※ The content of the recording schedule on the transfer sheet for grade-up, it will be changed to reproduce in print.

Haha even more amazing then!   :)

Edited by JR 500系

On Tomix's page they added a correction to state that it'll be printed, and that stickers won't be included, which is what JR500 stated in his post.

On a separate note, newbie question without started a new thread just for it: what is the difference between normal Tomix models and Tomix HG models?