Hobby Search

bill937ca

New bargain bin starts today...

Hello katoftw,

So sorry, but are you referring to Hobby Search?  I just looked and could not find an bargain sale.  Would you be kind enough to post a link?  Perhaps the sale is only for international customer.

Hello katoftw,

So sorry, but are you referring to Hobby Search?  I just looked and could not find an bargain sale.  Would you be kind enough to post a link?  Perhaps the sale is only for international customer.

Yes Hobby Search.  Hence posting within this thread.

I also posted "STARTS" today.  If you require the extact time to the minute of them puting items up today, you'll have to contact them directly.

Both jp and eng websites have it on their front pages.  Very easy to find, no need for link.

post-1782-0-92773800-1409118281_thumb.jpgpost-1782-0-44491500-1409118289_thumb.jpg

Sorry I cannot be any further assistance.

Edited by katoftw

New bargain bin starts today...

Thanks for looking out for fellow train enthusiasts! But the section has yet to come up... Wonder what items will be for sale?

Thanks for looking out for fellow train enthusiasts! But the section has yet to come up... Wonder what items will be for sale?

Alot of the stuff from last time did not sell.

But from memory alot of stuff was add on sets from discontinued lines, where the basic set was no available anymore.  Discontinued/old lines like Greenmax maintenence vehicles, whic now come pre coloured.  Old lines were not pre coloured.  And anything else they find they never wanna stock again as said item may be a slow seller.

We'll just have to wait and see what they put up today.  Keep checking back every few hours.

Edited by katoftw

So far just two versions of this.  Reduced from 2,800 Yen to 420, must be selling really slow.10212043p.jpg

Edited by westfalen

But at 420 yen, isn't that below cost? That's like 85% off or 15% of original price!! I know usually there is a mark up of around 50% for profits, but 85% ??

Urgh. That's an extremely tempting price... However, I'm holding back, since I'd rather collect high-platform trams and am not a fan of the decals.

But at 420 yen, isn't that below cost? That's like 85% off or 15% of original price!! I know usually there is a mark up of around 50% for profits, but 85% ??

Or they have 100s and just wanna get ride of the stock for whatever money they can get.  Sometime you gotta lose money on things that just take up space and time to get them out the door.

Hopefully they add a few more model train items before the 10th of next month when the sale finishes.

Edited by katoftw

I'm getting these 2 items. 

Wife loved them :)

Question: Is it possible to set a motor on the tram or is it just a display item?

Question: Is it possible to set a motor on the tram or is it just a display item?

You have to trim a bit off from the window inserts on the bottom and then you can place them over a tomytec tram chassis and they are ready to run. But some parts on the roof need a bit of painting and glueing, since only the main shell comes assembled and wrapped.

More items added into the bargain bins, but mainly grade up items, decal sheets and other slower moving items. Yet to see a complete train set on sale yet...

More items added into the bargain bins, but mainly grade up items, decal sheets and other slower moving items. Yet to see a complete train set on sale yet...

I see one, from greenmax, but it's the only one there (and its an assembly kit)  (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10235786) .

Edited by NJHA

Lots more stuff added last night, but was wiped out pretty quickly...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/758/0/1

A few worth mentioning are Kato Hamakaze 6-car set, 223-2000 Shin-Kaisoku 4-car set, E6 3-car basic set...

Side note, I received this very exciting email last night:

Dear XXX@yyy.com ,

You can now place an order/pre-order for the item you have been waiting for.

[item Name]
    Series E926 Electric & Track Comprehensive Car East-i (6-Car Set) (Model Train)

[item URL]
    http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10206567

[store code]

[Waiting list registered day]
    May 24,2014

Please note that this mail only notifies you that the item can be
  ordered/pre-ordered.
  Please order the item on our site if you wish to purchase it.

I was so surprised, immediately click on the link, and 'Puff' it was gone. In an instant. Surprising HS suddenly has stock for East-I!

Thing to note this function of waiting list mail from HS is pretty useful, can get some very interesting stuff long discontinued at okay prices~~