Hobby Search

bill937ca

Hello,

Please allow me to provide my positive and negative feedback to the latest version of the HS site.

Negative = colour scheme and choice of fonts.  Like many of you, I am finding this a torture.

Negative = the site seems to be very slow for me.

Negative = only for English site ... it is really difficult to search for product on English site.  For example, 215 Series returns a list of irrelevant products and using quotes "215 Series" returns nothing, but search 215系 on 1999.co.jp and I can find exactly the product I am looking for.

Positive = the new filters, which you can set in any order.  For example, I have just set Organisation = JNR, Manufacturer = Tomix, Series = Electric Car and Status = Reserve, in that order.  I can now see the JNR 103 series from Tomix available for pre-order.  This feature is of great assistance on the English site.

Have your say: my suggestion is to have your say and email HS at hs-support@1999.co.jp and advise them of what you do and do not like about the site.

Woo.... gotta move quickly on that sale.  Lots of good items (for once), many at half price. Lucky I managed to get a few of them (the ones that I managed to get into my cart on first pass).  My second preference stuff was already gone by the second look (at about 20 minutes after the sale opened).

There's a sale going on at HS now!

Over half an hour since the opening of the sales, and a lot of nice items are getting chopped up very quickly, including a 50% off Tomix W7 FULL 12 car set!

Hurry!

Woo.... gotta move quickly on that sale.  Lots of good items (for once), many at half price. Lucky I managed to get a few of them (the ones that I managed to get into my cart on first pass).  My second preference stuff was already gone by the second look (at about 20 minutes after the sale opened).

Haha ~ VJM we posted at almost the same time...

You mean when the items go into the cart it's yours? I thought you need to check out first? I usually check out first on those critical items that I want and then come back to shop again and then ask to combine the 2 orders together.

Lucky for me I managed to clinch a nice 211-3000 at half price. Have been eyeing this set for quite a while now, and also some other smaller items. There's still quite a number of nice sets like a Kato SL Starter Set, Tomix E233-6000, Tomix 225-5000, Kato Tokyu 5050, Kotochan (beautifully painted train) and many others all at half price...

I thought when I received the email from HS about a 'Remembrance Sale' I thought they weren't serious ~~ HAha

No, I checked out and like you, came back again and combine.  It's a close trade-off between going through the checkout (which is quite slow) and getting a few items into the cart and checking out before coming back another time (by which time more stuff may be gone).

Edited by VJM

So one day later:-

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Hobby Search] Your Monthly Shipment items are now being processed

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for shopping at HOBBY SEARCH.

The following reserved items that were released last month 

are now being processed, so please wait while we prepare your order.

Order date : Sep. 1,2015

Order No : 15-0901-0957

Item name : J.R. Container Type 19D-42000 (3pcs.) (Model Train)

GRRR!!!  It is a extra 280-380 yen.  So I'm at the point of not caring or sending back another email.  My future money may just go elsewhere until I forget about this episode.

Just an update on this little saga from October.

The item never was completed for shipping.  I never said anything, and they never said anything.  Even the end of November came, and the containers were the only thing for that month as a November item got moved to December.  And still nothing said.  A December order gets emailed with buses, cases, temples, instant lettering etc comes about.  And the containers have magicly been attached to that combined monthly order.

So it is a win in the end for me.  They would have been well within their rights to send it at the end of November, but kept it until the December order.

Edited by katoftw

Its too bad they dont do the virtual cart like hobby link japan does. they just have a bin that all your stuff keeps getting thrown in. at any time you can go in and see a list of stuff you have bought and are in your bin (including preorders that have come in) and you can make up a package to ship (lets you sometimes pack things together to get the best shipping costs) and they ship those items off. there is a limit how long something can sit in your bin and when you reach that the item is automatically shipped if you have not gotten to it. but this takes a lot of storage room to have all these bins and a good system with staff and computer to deal with it all, but i expect once its running its a lot easier to deal with than having a bunch of permutation rules for order recombination that can be hard to understand and apply in all situations.

I don't understand why they don't do this either, it makes accounting for items on their end much easier and eliminates any of the confusion and rules around combined shipments. My only guess is that they do more domestic orders than HLJ does and it doesn't make sense for them to store items or they don't have the space. I also wish they had a standard set of box sizes...my Platz refrigerated containers didn't need to come in such a giant box... 

Also wish they offered FedEx as a shipping option.

Yeah I'm sure the virtual cart is a pain to get set up, but does release a lot of other problems. Once anything hits 60 days in ther it's sent! Does require warehouse space and tracking system but order combination requires some of that too, in the end the virtual cart does sound like it might be easier. Fulfillment like this is a pain in the ass, I've done some and no matter the system or rules someone always comes along with the unique permutation to foul the system or one worker manages to completely screw the system up with something you never thought they would do!

I'm sure hlj doe primarily export whereas HS is primarily domestic.

Jeff

Just dropping this here since it is their blog...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/blog/160323

10379001b2.jpg

10378998a3.jpg

10378998b4.jpg

I didn't know they looked so good! The windows/ doors are catered to suit the Suica card perfectly, such that when the card is slotted in, the Suica Penguin is right at the train's door or window... Very cute and great design!  :)

Me tempted! But we don't have Suica cards here in Singapore.....

• Like 3

Me tempted! But we don't have Suica cards here in Singapore.....

I have 2 from the Shinkansen versions and I use it with my company card (I change the case every 2-3 weeks between the two, just for fun). Due to your notification now I have to buy the Yamanote line version also. :)

HS just announced another bargain sale at 12 pm on April 5th.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the headsup! Wonder whats for sale....

• Like 1

Sale has started, and they have now splitted it up to N scale and HO scale, and also one section for layout materials...

Nothing much, but the Sayonara Twlight is very attractive, and a really good price on the East;I.

Glad I can give this sale a miss!  :)

Sale has started, and they have now splitted it up to N scale and HO scale, and also one section for layout materials...

Nothing much, but the Sayonara Twlight is very attractive, and a really good price on the East;I.

Glad I can give this sale a miss! :)

Can't say the same....the east-I is so tempting..

Can't say the same....the east-I is so tempting..

If you don't have the East-I, this is by far the BEST price you can get it for... And I think a re-release will be difficult... Do get it! It's an expressive shinkansen and looks great on the track with its overhead inspection lights !

• Like 1

If you don't have the East-I, this is by far the BEST price you can get it for... And I think a re-release will be difficult... Do get it! It's an expressive shinkansen and looks great on the track with its overhead inspection lights !

I did, because even with shipping it's cheaper and easier than anywhere else including buyee.