bill937ca

So one day later:-

------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Hobby Search] Your Monthly Shipment items are now being processed

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for shopping at HOBBY SEARCH.

The following reserved items that were released last month 
are now being processed, so please wait while we prepare your order.

Order date : Sep. 1,2015
Order No : 15-0901-0957
Item name : J.R. Container Type 19D-42000 (3pcs.) (Model Train)

GRRR!!!  It is a extra 280-380 yen.  So I'm at the point of not caring or sending back another email.  My future money may just go elsewhere until I forget about this episode.

Edited by katoftw

its hard for them to keep track of orders like this for combination and they tend to stick to their rules very closely. I did a small amount of order fulfillment for a year and it is hard to deal with combining orders, its so easy to screw things up, so i see why they tend to take the most careful path that will not always result in the most efficient shipping for you. this is the sort of thing thats hard to deal with all the permutations and come up with rules to govern it all. if they hold stuff waiting to see if you want to combine with other stuff then folks get miffed stuff is processing slow.

These guys probably deal with hundreds of orders a day so its hard to get personal attention to them all and in all the permutations things can happen. 

I would not read too much into the language of the letter. I think they were just trying to say they were going to try to bend the rules some but that they would not do this all the time. 

Its too bad they dont do the virtual cart like hobby link japan does. they just have a bin that all your stuff keeps getting thrown in. at any time you can go in and see a list of stuff you have bought and are in your bin (including preorders that have come in) and you can make up a package to ship (lets you sometimes pack things together to get the best shipping costs) and they ship those items off. there is a limit how long something can sit in your bin and when you reach that the item is automatically shipped if you have not gotten to it. but this takes a lot of storage room to have all these bins and a good system with staff and computer to deal with it all, but i expect once its running its a lot easier to deal with than having a bunch of permutation rules for order recombination that can be hard to understand and apply in all situations.

cheers

jeff

Das Steinkopf

So one day later:-

[Hobby Search] Your Monthly Shipment items are now being processed

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for shopping at HOBBY SEARCH.

The following reserved items that were released last month

are now being processed, so please wait while we prepare your order.

Order date : Sep. 1,2015

Order No : 15-0901-0957

Item name : J.R. Container Type 19D-42000 (3pcs.) (Model Train)

GRRR!!! It is a extra 280-380 yen. So I'm at the point of not caring or sending back another email. My future money may just go elsewhere until I forget about this episode.

A friend of mine was a longterm customer of theirs until they severely screwed up an order of his and basically tried to charge him for it without admitting any mistake on their behalf, his response was to close his account and no longer do business with them anymore. I have never done an order with them as his experience has made me reluctant to do so and has made me look elsewhere, mind you in doing so I have ended up doing business with some really good retailers. Edited by Das Steinkopf

I have had no issue with them for 2.5 years.  Now this.

As I posted, they found a solution to the problem, (which the blame me for).  But 12 hours later they forgot about the solution.

It is not a big issue.  Probably the blame for their error was the biggest gripe.

Edited by katoftw

I always pay by PayPal manual checkout. In case they do something "wrong", I can contact them before the order is shipped. However, I usually order only in-stock items.

Well I've been doing business with Hobby Search for maybe 15 years and a couple hundred orders and nothing bad has ever happened with an order and always been responsive. Sorry to hear your friend had a bad experience. I've found them open to talking.

I did have a HS order returned to them by the usps due to it being sent (a preorder) EMS when I was on vacation. Our post returned it as I didn't pick it up w.in 5 days. Usually the post holds packages like this if you have a vacation hold, but or postmaster claims since its express mail it has to be returned if not picked up w,in 5 days because it was "express", great logic. HS would not refund the purchase price, but only resend it if I would pay postage again. I was miffed at HS, but then realized that none of it as their fault (all our postmaster's) so they should not have to deal with the issue.

Jeff

I just browsed through and is happy to say there's nothing much of interest for me within those 26 pages of bargains.

There are as usual quite a fair number of head marks... Some nice trains there on offer too ~

I just browsed through and is happy to say there's nothing much of interest for me within those 26 pages of bargains.

Me neither. I was thinking about the starter set that contains 2 Shinkansens, but no, not this time.

This won't appeal to the purists, but might be an option for those wanting a ballast train in N scale.

I noticed Kawai's four car set of Hoki 10000's from the Sangi Railway on page 3 of the HS News, and checking their site found these comments:

*Package is damaged but there is no problem on the item itself.
The article of this place has little stock. When it was a sellout, please forgive it.

Given that situation, I jumped right on this and ordered a box.

What immediately appealed to me is the visual complexity of this car, which in my view is much greater than that of the (unavailable) Tomix Hoki 800's.  I would still love to find a few of the far more detailed HO version to run between my Meitetsu Deki 600's, but doubt I ever will.  I don't know what engines I'll run these between, but to my eyes they have the general look of ballast hoppers - especially with the end ladders, and will well serve that role once loaded.  I do realize that they're configured to dump between the rails, instead of on the outside, but for now can live with that and might consider bashing a reconfiguration of the dump chutes in the future.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10047435

gallery_941_135_8673.jpg

What makes it more visually complex to you?

It is a shame manufacturers don't do Hokis anymore.  I look through previous releases and find many ones I want.

Edited by katoftw
Das Steinkopf

What makes it more visually complex to you?

It is a shame manufacturers don't do Hokis anymore. I look through previous releases and find many ones I want.

Hopefully Tomix will get around to re releasing the Hoki 800's just like they have done with a number of other wagons, I just hope that it's after I have paid of my forever growing lists of pre orders. Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1

A couple of those HO Hoki800s on yahoo if you wanna roll the dice:- http://buyee.jp/item/search?query=Tomix%E3%80%80%E3%83%9B%E3%82%AD%EF%BC%98%EF%BC%90%EF%BC%90

Thanks katoftw.  It looks like there might be 2 new and 6 built?  I know no Japanese and have no idea how Yahoo Japan works.

==>>  However - I only need three, so if anyone who understands these things wants to go after the 6 and split them if successful . . . . .

Hopefully Tomix will get around to re releasing the Hoki 800's just like they have done with a number of other wagons, I just hope that it's after I have paid of my forever growing lists of pre orders.

I have 3 cars fitted with number plates the original sets 2777.  It is a weird way they do it.  Tomix give you 3 number plates and a 2 pack of car.  So buy 2 packs and only assemble 3 cars.

So I have one spare unused car sitting around. I also have the number plate for 6 cars PP-800, but no extra cars (but the one mentioned) to use them on.

I'm gonna roll the dice on this set:- http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c536691300

Edited by katoftw