Hobby Search

bill937ca

I have just already almost ordered this:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10236917

My wife said go for it. I put it into the cart and instead of pushing the checkout button, sadly I started to calculate.

The price is very tempting, but when I added the postage cost (EMS only, the pack is heavy, so plus around 92 USD), I added the custom tax and the VAT (plus 5+27%), I reached 368 USD instead of 187. So I skip this one this time. But my heart is bleeding.

I understand IST. Feelings mutual. I almost hit the button on the Tomix E5 Hayabusa starter set since I really wanted the Tomix Hayabusa and 9000yen is cheaper than just getting the Basic set itself! However, add in the EMS for such a large box will practically kill off the discount... Almost wanted to order that 485-1000 series too but then reminded myself I have 3 more pending orders to complete this month....  :(

Bad timing...

Darklighter

This is insane! Big sale at AmiAmi, free shipping at Rakuten and now this. Must stay focused on my current projects.

Its probably to get things moving again after the tax increase (which doesn't affect us).

Hobby Search has a sale until June 27th. Lots of trains.  I just picked up a fourcar Micro Ace EXE with flywheel for 7600 yen, just under $75 US. Sweet.   There are a couple of HO Cosmic 1/80 steeple cab kits and a box cab kit.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/758/0/1

Dangit. A 4-car cross-seat Keisei 3300 type on sale for less then ¥10,000.  :hmh: No. Wait for the JNMA before doing something stupid.

marknewton

I really didn't need to see that, but since you mentioned it...  :)

I've ordered one each of the Cosmic electric loco kits, and a pair of Tomix Series 485 EMu cars to add to my existing stock

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1
marknewton

Funny thing is, I recently picked up a Tomix Series 485 4-car set from Jauce, and I ordered some extra cars to go with it from HS. I bought a Sashi 481 and a Saro 481-

10222615a2.jpg

10222614a2.jpg

- wish I'd waited until they were discounted. Oh well, at least I can run a long consist!  :)

Edited by marknewton

Could someone explain why does the sashi car have a head light and tail lights with something that appears to be a driving cab?

Eurostar25

Hi guys, I've just placed my first order with Hobby Search, I got a confirmation email saying the order had been received. My question is roughly what sort of time frame should I expect for delivery? I chose EMS shipping and all items were in stock at the time of purchase. Thanks in advance.

ems takes about 3-5 days for australia.  or similar for new zealand.  but they might take up to 3 days to process your order.  most like 3 days in the norm.

• Like 1
Eurostar25

Thanks for the replies. Once you get that first order in your hand it gives you confidence to go ahead and plan future orders!

Edited by Eurostar25

i get 80-90% of my stuff from them.  i use sal shipping.  never had an issue.  normally recieve it 10-14 days after i order it.  3 days processing and 7-10 days in transit.  you'll be happy and you'll be ordering from them again.

personally i wouldn't spend the extra on ems.  yes it is a quicker option, but they take 3 days to process your order, so it eats away at the quickness factor.  8 days or 10-14 days.  pay double shipping for the quicker one?

Edited by katoftw
Eurostar25

Thanks for passing that on. They do sell EMS to you very well but it's good to know the SAL shipping is just as good, and if it's sent to Australia, I would hope that it wouldn't have much difficulty going across the ditch to NZ.

More stuff added, but when I saw it a lot of better stuff like the Kato Aichi line 2-car set and some tank carriages were already gone. What's worth it was the Tomix TCS 5-signal going at 50% off, but that's also out of stock now... Some interesting roll signs for E-series, Tokaido line and 223/ 225 express and Curtain parts for shinkansens too... 

Beware of HS bargain sections!

Constant monitoring is required. I managed to grab for myself a Tomix 92502 E5 Hayabusa 6-car add-on set at 35% off ~ Happy man!

Here's one more that got away yesterday: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10047045

*Side note - HS has also starting listing Jio World structures for sale...

You will find that many of the HS bargains are:

1. Wish List items that haven't been taken up by the member;

2. Repaired manufacturer stock or seconds;

3. Unwanted returns.

You will find that many of the HS bargains are:

1. Wish List items that haven't been taken up by the member;

2. Repaired manufacturer stock or seconds;

3. Unwanted returns.

Interesting.   :) I was having problems with my Micro Ace EXE.  One way it would stop abruptly on R315 curves and not move and the other way it would so far and then the wheels would spin.  Jeff suggested that the trucks might just be stuck.  When I checked it the clearance was very tight.  I filed one end of the truck just a bit and now my EXE runs fine both ways.  A little work to get a great bargain. Thanks Jeff!   :grin

Edited by bill937ca