Hobby Search

bill937ca

The whole time I was in Japan I couldn't access the english site. Even my laptop which has the enligh site as a fav couldn't. Also even if I typed "eng" into the address bar. Always jusy kept reverting back to JP site.

Hello Mr katoftw,

The Hobby Search English site is blocked in Japan.  This is to prevent us from accidentally purchasing tax-free.  Not to worry, the discount is often 5% cheaper on the Japanese site anyway.

• Like 1

Went late night shopping last night, but couldn't find anything of interest... The Tomix 233-6000 is interesting at that price, but I've already gotten that train so... 

Did get some of the Torm and illumi lights though. At 50% off, especially the Torm 10 tubes in a box set at 3000 yen, definitely a bargain to get! Top that off with a small Tomytec Bus shelter structure that was also on sale...  

Missed this though: 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10279142

Didn't needed that, but at that price I think anyone would be tempted!

Yeah I forgot and did not get there until a couple hours after it started and missed the permil apartment building but got the store and a few other little items.

Jeff

Yeah I forgot and did not get there until a couple hours after it started and missed the permil apartment building but got the store and a few other little items.

I got the apartment building but missed the Tramway HO scale DD16.

ha good trick. you can pick up these rare earth disc magnets cheap on ebay down to 1mm thick x 2 mm in dia. just need the metal disc to attach to the loco then, thats what the kit gives you!

they stick well for tiny magnets. 

cheers

jeff

• Like 1

post-1782-0-58682700-1431667869_thumb.jpg

Don't miss the Bargain Sale begin 7:00PM [GMT+9]

Bargain Sale will start from 7:00PM of 15th May, Japan time[GMT+9].
We have many bargain items, so don't miss this opportunity!

Hobby Search top page is here.

• Like 1

393 items, 227 of them are Moriya Studio Train mark.

*actual Kato trains: 3

*actual Tomix trains: 9, including 2 SD shinkansen sets

micro ace: 0

completed greenmax: 2, unassembled kits: 5

:(

393 items, 227 of them are Moriya Studio Train mark.

*actual Kato trains: 3

*actual Tomix trains: 9, including 2 SD shinkansen sets

micro ace: 0

completed greenmax: 2, unassembled kits: 5

:(

Down to 336 items after 12 hours.  guessing the Moriya Studio ratio non Moriya Studio items had clearly risen.

I was keen one of the SD sets, but the one I wanted has since gone.

marknewton

Some interesting stuff there for those of us working in HO scale, so I spent some money. Thanks katoftw!

Cheers,

Mark.

While I didn't get anything interesting from the HS sale, the subscription to HS news letter proved very useful in helping me to get this: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10054247

Although at a high price, but it couldn't be found anywhere else (except Yahoo Auctions) and it's brand new. With that, I completed my 485 salon train series!

Drunkenclam

Well I placed my first order with HS during the week and also a pre order. Nothing major for a first order just a n gauge figures,

I'd like to say that I've found HS more flexible than they might appear from their stated policies.  A number of times lately they've let me add in-stock items to reserved or back-ordered items as they arrive.  When some small reserved items didn't arrive in July as announced, they proactively removed a couple of other small items (that had arrived on schedule) from that order and put them with an order entering shipping phase.  Perhaps not the absolute lowest prices, but they seem to always have stock of some items - such as most Tomytec chassis.

I had this fear of needing to pay separate shipping if small reserved items arrived late and I didn't need anything else in that month, but they generally seem willing to work with you.  However, they keep asking me to be "careful" on reserved items - as if I have some way to predict when things will not arrive on schedule.  The only way to be really careful is not to reserve anything, but we know that often means not getting it at all.

Really bad timing...

400 ++ items, but around half or more are the usual head marks...

Just browsed through.... Some really good catches are the Tobu Ryomo at 50%, Tomix E2 Nagano Asama set at 50%, Greenmax Shibuya Hikarie at 50% etc...

Mentioned these so that members here can quickly buy them off and make them out of stock to make me less tempted to buy... Thank you for your help!

Also... Seems the freight locomotives are gone... Really fast...

459 items at 6pm.  457 items at 6:15pm.  There wasn't one JRF loco in the 459 items at the start.  I was hitting F5 refresh from 5:55pm until the items popped up.

A couple of bus stuff and some Tomytec train stuff.  But I'm trying not to get into any more Tomytec train stuff.  They are just getting too expensive for what you get.  I might comment about this in the Tomytec thread more.

Edited by katoftw

Pretty annoyed with Hobby search.  They have made an error.  Found a solution.  Then made me out to be the bad guy.

Back story.  I had 3 items released in October.  Some have changed/been delayed and been part of other orders that have been split.  But they still have the "combined monthly order" tag attached to them.  2 items on the same order were shipped yesterday, and another did not get sent.  I did not wanna pay shipping (probably 380 yen as previously similar items I've received) for the 595 yen item that would have gone separately in the end result.  When questioned, I got this response:-

Dear XXXX,

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Regarding your shipment, your order #15-0901-0957 
"J.R. Container Type 19D-42000 (3pcs.)", this was not shipped 
together with order #15-1001-1701, as they had different order numbers.

The formal name of the shipping arrangement option you were referring to 
is "Monthly Shipment per Order Number", and as the name suggests, 
only orders with same release month and same order number 
are shipped together.
So if you had processed the order recombination of this with your 
earlier shipped October order 15-1001-1701, they would've been 
shipped together.

As the "J.R. Container Type 19D-42000 (3pcs.)" had just been 
stocked a couple of days ago, we will make a special arrangement 
to have this shipped with your "(N) KOKI50000 Marking Instant Lettering" 
that is yet to be stocked.

However, please note that we are usually unable to ship items 
that are released in different months together, so we may not 
be able to give you similar treatments in the future.

We appreciate your understanding of this matter, 
thank you very much.

Sincerely Yours,
XXXX

Unfortunately when certain items (for me) have "after September" as their release date, I cannot do a order recombination for example with October stuff.  It still sees the item as a September release even thought it was release on the 29th of October.

I was a bit GRRR!!! at the situation and annoyed at the suggestion of my mistake.  As I have had them automatically separate orders before of items that were released in the same month from different orders and recombine them all without issue.

But at least they found a solution.  Or where happy with my suggestion to wait/hold for another order to combine the single item with.

Edited by katoftw