Hobby Search

bill937ca

More delicious items have popped up from the Bargain section! Some are so fast, they're already sold out!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10160371

A 6-car Metro set below 10000yen!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10144222

Kato Surise Express 7-car set below 12000yen!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10067668

Mirco Ace Shiokase 5-car set below 9000yen! A steal!

I'm very very tempted & interested in this!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10164569

It's a Kiha 2 motor 4 car set, almost like buying 2 sets of a 2-car train set at below USD200! Nice!

Some awesome deals that they seem to be updating regularly.. Despite the problems with it, I couldn't resist and picked up the Modemo Hiroshima Green Mover for Y5,120.

Hahahaha! Did any one of you saw the "Bargain Items" banner? It's really spot on. It says: "Buy or Regret!" In gigantic red flamming letters!  :grin :grin :grin

• Like 2

Is HS down for maintenance? I'm trying to reserve an item but I keep getting a "page not found" message. this message crops up regardless of what Item I try and look?

Cheers NB

Is HS down for maintenance? I'm trying to reserve an item but I keep getting a "page not found" message. this message crops up regardless of what Item I try and look?

Cheers NB

It worked for me. No maintenance messages showing on the HS site.

Cheers NB

Back to normal, just placed my order. Guess they were down for maintenance over the WE.

Cheers NB

Cheers NB

OK, tried again on my home computer...dud, error messages. Restarted computer, noticed that Firefox updated itself. Tried it again...and it worked. A Firefox quirk...

Cheers NB

Actually, not that much to max out on the visa for me as i've been using the funds more in Yahoo Auctions instead... Mostly add-on sets, only one E231 5-car basic set B that looks 'rather' interesting... Also the discounts were not that fantastic like previously whereby it goes till 50% off RSP... Now they are like only 30-40% off...

Ochanomizu,

oooh good point. i never thought of smoking effecting a train motor, just the smell and yellowing of paint. but it makes sense it could get in there and gum things up. the tar and gunk in the smoke tends to stick to charged things and a motor is going to be that! then the layer of gunk is sticky and tiny dust particles and fuzz (puzz) sticks to that and it just repeats.

i remember tearing open the computer at in the editing bay at the production studio i use to work at. the editor was a guy with a cig always in his mouth. when i popped the box open it had a coating about 5mm deep of a black sticky fuzz. apparently the location of the computer was perfect to draw most of his smoke right thru the computer first and it acted like one of those big static air filters. lots of surface area on the cards and mother board to stick stuff too. it was discusting. the only solution was to wash everything in water then alcohol baths, but it took forever. i was tempted to just say it was beyond repair and make them buy a new one. just think what the guy's lungs must have looked like! it was very lucky that the computer did this though as all the $50k beta decks were like 3' away. those got maintenance every 6 months so i assume they cleaned them out some then, but the computer must have sucked up like 95% of the smoke gunk.

a little train motor could act the same way!

thanks

jeff

Be careful with Yahoo.  Please check for vendor who is non-smoker.  It can make a big difference to motor operation.

Apologies for the newbie question but...how do you check for a non-smoking vendor?

around 1500-1600 for sal and 3200 for ems. you can go thru the checkout (use paypal express so you dont have to fill in cc info) and on the confirmation screen you can get the shipping cost, just dont hit confirm unless you mean it!

ems is about 3-4 days most places in the us (not quite as fast as it use to be) with express mail delivery on the us end as well as tracking and insurance. sal is about 2 weeks and comes like a priority mail package on the us end, but no tracking or insurance. but i generally do sal as ive never had a problem with lots and lots of sal packages and saved sooo much money im self insured now and have a lot more $$ to spend on trains!

cheers

jeff