What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

What are the two blue cards at the top of the first photo?

Those are already built current detection boards. Each one for 8 sections, with occupancy led signalling and auto-reset fuses to avoid burning any loco in case of short-circuit.

Cheers,

Dani.

i'm sitting at my desk  at work admiring a Micro ace A7703 E10-1

Pure beauty!

hope it runs well!

Looking at those beauty steam locos I'm thinking in changing my layout planned decoration for something older!!

Even though I have never been a big fan of modeling steam era, once i got one ma steam engine, ive found myself buying a few more! i have to watch myself! they are so nice to just sit there and look at, especially when they are well detailed.

so much for the eye to follow around and whats cool visually is that all the usually visually distracting things like pipe works and fittings on a loco they do a cool thing of moving your eye along the nice lines of the engine, also keeps your eye on the object, and at the same time it brings in the whole engineering and functional of the steam engine! It just makes you want to try to figure out how it works and look deeper! That combined with the driver motion and even the steam puffs here and there and the smoke, just a piece of beauty in motion for being this big nasty beast of iron, pipes, fittings, etc! One of those rare times something that might other wise be pretty hard to look at long becomes something just gorgeous.

I also have appreciation for those old engineers gave did some really nice attention to how the pipes and such bent and ran with each other. It was a different time where you see that they paid a little attention to making nice curves and spacing etc so that it all looked as clean and neat as possible for something that could really end up looking like a total rats nest easily! The lines of many of those pipes do nice things.

jeff

i'm sitting at my desk  at work admiring a Micro ace A7703 E10-1

Pure beauty!

hope it runs well!

Looking at those beauty steam locos I'm thinking in changing my layout planned decoration for something older!!

Fenway Park

Ordered 2 Kato C56 and the container wagons plus the ventilated vans.  Today ordered some Kawai sets from HS.

The Morita wagon kits arrived and I was surprised that most of the kit is white metal so is very heavy.

After five month of waiting my Tomytec fish pond is about to ship. It will be the first and only thing I've done to my layout this year.

Well, finally I received the last 2 big boxes with some Shinkansen (300, 500, etc...) and a really wonderfull F-Toys complete set of 11 MB339 "PAN Frecce Tricolori" Italian Air Force acrobatic patrol in 1/144  :grin

ciao

Massimo

oooh pictures of the squadron please!

jeff

wich scale 1:1 or 1:144? I live not so far (30km) to Rivolto air base (PAN Frecce Tricolori headquartes)

Wild Maus Faller roller coaster just showed up in the post. WOW is it a lot of parts! huge box full of sprues and small baggies of parts. going to be a bit of work to do.

Hoping i can convert the cars to 3 or 4 abreast seating and i can change the entry way stuff to n scale heights to make this a bigger N scale roller coaster. just looks like great fun! this is going to take some time to build. glad I lurked for a long time to get the 20th anniversary edition at a good price. the few places that still have it are over $200 now.

jeff

Nick_Burman

I'm on home leave, so today I collected a lot of Tomytec chassis I left 2 months ago at my LHS to be converted to DCC. Also dropped more chassis' for conversion, to be picked up on my next home leave. The postman passed and left me an envelope from Japan, containg a sheet of passenger car decals (at last, I'll be able to do my "stove coach"!) and a bag of World Kougei spoked wheelsets. These have an interesting story behind...I sourced them through an Internet acquaintance in Tokyo who is a pro model railroader, making and dealing in brass HO scale models. He rang up the folks at WK who proceeded to scrape their workshop until they found a package of wheelsets... it turned out the last package they had in stock! Not only that but they gave the package free of charge - I only paid postage! I asked this person if WK intends to make more, unfortunately this will not be the case, at least in the short run - the Chinese company who cast the plastic centers for the wheelsets went bankrupt. According to the story, WK sent a representative to China, who together with a local lawyer went to the factory to retrieve the tooling....only to discover an empty buiding, all machine tools and tooling having been removed before, destination unknown... A real pity, as these wheelsets are very good indeed - they come disassembled and you have to press them into their axles (gauge is held by using shouldered axles), no tools are needed, you just press them in with your hands. A true exapmle of Japanese craftsmanship at its best. I applied them mostly on my Tomytec Tetsudo Collection freight cars and the result is a vast improvement in appearance. I'll post pictures as soon as I get back to my camera.

Cheers NB

Krackel Hopper

As a painted train collector, I'm not sure why it took me so long to get..

but I'm glad I waited.. snatched it off Ebay for a really good price.

MicroAce A0317 (Sayonara Doraemon)

Came today - looks great!

Ohhh good boy! The classic, now you are serious silly boy! Great you got a good deal they ain't been cheap lately. I thought $150 was expensive when I got mine When it came out... Still probably the most beloved painted train bu our audiences.

Cheers

Jeff

As a painted train collector, I'm not sure why it took me so long to get..

but I'm glad I waited.. snatched it off Ebay for a really good price.

MicroAce A0317 (Sayonara Doraemon)

Came today - looks great!

came in: Tomytec Fishing pond x2 and the Tomytec Fishermen x2 (1 #064 and 1 #065)

That's the end of my June pre-orders and now awaiting for the start of my July pre-orders to come out.

I have got 5 pre-orders in July alone (KATO 923-3000 Dr. Yellow, Micro ACE Series 485 `Irodori', The Tomytec Middle School with 3x school children, TGW wheel cleaner unit (non-powered) and Tomytec Diorama grass field)

Let the fun begin.

Nick_Burman

Arrived: 2x TCS Z2 decoders. Hooray, the Tomiiden will go shortly go all-DCC! It took some willpower, but I did it...

Abs NB

Paid GB customs charges and collected a parcel from HobbySearch today. Four items:

Tomytec Sound Unit B

MicroAce High Speed Track Inspection Car

Kawai Seiki 3000 wagons (2-car set)

MicroAce EF64-1015 Takasaki District

Delighted with everything, especially the EF64 which was bought from the short-lived bargains section of the HS website: listed at ¥4,380 compared to the usual ¥6,570.   :grin

Bob

post-772-13569930970817_thumb.jpg

post-772-13569930973907_thumb.jpg

post-772-13569930978205_thumb.jpg

Just received the shipping notice for the Tomix Sayonara 0系 Shinkansen set I bought (new) from Ebay 3 days ago.

Wanted to get a hold on this set for a while now, but unfortunately when I was ready to buy one earlier this year Rainbow 10 didn't have them anymore.

Looking forward to my first Tomix Shinkansen! 

Just received the shipping notice for the Tomix Sayonara 0系 Shinkansen set I bought (new) from Ebay 3 days ago.

Wanted to get a hold on this set for a while now, but unfortunately when I was ready to buy one earlier this year Rainbow 10 didn't have them anymore.

thats because i bought it off rainbow :D

You won't be dissapointed it's a fantastic model!

thats because i bought it off rainbow :D

Rainbow!? I hate rainbows! Well, you know. You'll just be sitting there, minding your own business, and they'll come marching in, and crawl up your leg, and start biting the inside of your ass, and you'll be all like, "Hey. Get out of my ass you stupid rainbows." -Eric Cartman

Sorry, couldn't resist

Keitaro,

I was indeed going to mention something about wanting to buy a sayonara 0系 set, but some "unnamed" JNS member buying 2 of the d*mn things before I could, I wonder who that was..  :grin

kidding of course, I invested the money I had reserved for the 0系 set (at that time) in a 16 car Kato 500系 set I'm very happy with, so it all worked out anyway :cool:.

good to hear, looking forward to it!

My first Ebay win for N gauge came in about 4 days ago, but was really busy this week till now finally have a chance to share with you guys!

IMG_1053Medium.jpg

One came almost as new! The other set the sleeve is missing but that doesn't bother me much...

IMG_1054Medium.jpg

I've always wanted the Komachi! And it seems the Komachi is now slowly phrasing out and the price is rocketing... I'm lucky to get this!

IMG_1055Medium.jpg

Another one of my favourite local/ express train, the 313 series! Nice! It's almost new!

The joy on my face!  :grin

Nice,

I saw those on Ebay ... they got a bit expensive for me so I've put the 10-221 E3 on the shopping list for my October trip.  I have the Tomix 92726 E3 Yamagata.  It will be good to compare it with the Tomix.  I also have the 400 series Yamagata from Tomix, 92733.  These make an interesting comparison on their own. 

Cheers

The_Ghan

Yes indeed The_Ghan:

When i saw you posted the linky to one of the seller's items in another thread, immediately i recognised it. Yes the E3 got really expensive really fast, but after comparison, it did cost me lesser than what i would have paid if i got from Popondetta directly for a new set by itself, mainly because i could save on shipping by combining with the 313. The 313 was gotten at a nice price though, judging from the fact that it is almost dis-continoued and really really hard to find. (even Popondetta / HS doesn't have the 10-421 4 car basic set in stock) Besides, conditions for both sets are really almost new and that delighted me alot! I made a trial run and both motors are perfect! New indeed!

Good for you if you can get the E3 directly without shipping cost. It's a beauty! Those front LED head lights, stunning!