What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Nick_Burman

At last, "Electric Railways of Japan Vol.1"! Thirty years later I now have the complete series! Never mind EVERYTHING in the books has changed! :grin :grin :grin

Cheers NB

At last, "Electric Railways of Japan Vol.1"! Thirty years later I now have the complete series! Never mind EVERYTHING in the books has changed! :grin :grin :grin

Cheers NB

Doesn't matter if its 30 years, its still a great series!  I wouldn't give up my books for anything.

Guest JRF-1935

Cheers NB

I press the "like" button - CONGRATS Nick ! Nothing more satisfying than completing a collection you've always wanted.  Enjoy

Rich C

What is perhaps my smallest international order ever arrived yesterday (actually a couple of days earlier, but I wasn't home), the new Tomytec Truck Collection 2 I'd preordered, containing a pair of fuel delivery trucks.  One is lettered for ENEOS, and will join my Tomix ENEOS gas station to add some interest to the scene. The price was around US$20, but I paid $15 in shipping to get EMS. Which is really rather silly, since I effectively paid $35 for one truck. I'll use the second on one of my roads though, so the end price isn't much worse than I'd pay locally for some European car models. And I really wanted that truck now.  :grin

Maybe this will motivate me to finish painting and detailing the gas station, which I started work on back in March, only to get side-tracked when I had trouble gluing to the slick ABS plastic it's made of.

okay folk, you might think I am sick cause I just ordered the KATO 200 series Shinkansen (to be released in September). I have got nearly all of the modern versions of the JRE Shinkansen Units E2, E3, E4 and E5 (with 200 series on order) while I only have the 300, 500, N700, 700 (Hikari Rail Star) and the 800 (Sakura) oh not forgetting the Dr. Yellow (Tomix version and have the KATO version on order).

I think I should get more smaller unit trains than the big ones or even try and get some more steam trains like the D51 or the C56 :P or maybe just stop buying for a few months :(

I think I should get more smaller unit trains than the big ones or even try and get some more steam trains like the D51 or the C56 :P or maybe just stop buying for a few months :(

Maybe stop buying but who knows maybe you're rich  :laugh: :laugh:

I have 1 order left.

But am fighting the urge to buy 2 of the 200 sets 1 tomix and 1 kato and the c56 (kato) w/freight and d61 (tomix)

big order today came

massive box too!

Takamatsu-Kotohira Electric Railroad Type1300 2-car Formation Total Set (w/Motor) (2-Car Pre-Colored Kit) * 1

Light Unit G (For Keikyu Type 1000 Pre-Colored Kit 1082T/C) (2pcs.) * 1

[ 0375 ] Fully Automatic Type TN Coupler (SP Gray 6pieces) * 4

[ 0336 ] `TN` Tight Coupling (SP/Body-mounted/Set of 6/Black) * 2

[ 0337 ] `TN` Tight Coupling (Closely Joint TN Coupler) (SP, Grey, 6pcs.) * 6

1/150 Diorama Kit [Train Story] Vol.1 * 1

Nankai Series 20000 Limited Express `KOYA` Early Production (4-Car Set) * 1

Nankai Series 20000 Limited Express `KOYA` upgraded (4-Car Set) * 1

[Limited Edition] J.R. Limited Express Series 183/485 `Kitakinki` (with Kuha183-801) (6-Car Set)

Tokyu Series 6000 Six Car Formation Set (w/Motor) (6-Car Set) * 1

[ JC61 ] `TN` Tight Coupling (Fully Automatic Type TN Coupler) (Black) (2 pieces)  * 2

[ JC53 ] Fully Automatic Type TN Coupler (Series E26) (2 Pieces) * 2

Also included was my replacement GM model that was faulty and replacement e26 faulty basic 3 car set. Also the missing accessory from prev tomix 225-0 limited edition set.

To make things better the shipping ended up 50% off as these were 2 seperate orders however HS were holding my may preorder waiting for my faulty units to be replaced to be sent together and kindly sent me an email asking if i would like to combine the orders I only just realised i got 50% when i checked the reciept in box.

:grin :grin

I broke down and preordered the Skip Enonkun Go modemo tram. hey half off shipping and its not due out till nov!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10188527

jeff

nice

Quick question do all modemo's include fly wheel? i notice the one i am about to mention below does.

But yeah i want to get a few painted ones like that.

I'm looking for a good reason not to get http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10189229

I don't currently do trams..... but i do plan too incorporate in the future and this just looks too great to risk missing.

Martijn Meerts

I've managed to not order all that many new things.. The past months I've only ordered the new Modemo SKIP tram and a Sankei Ghibli kit ..

Now that I'm building a layout (and having seen how many trains I actually already have), I'm really cutting down on the new train purchases. Really need to get (parts of) the layout up and running first, and then check which trains I'm 'missing' :)

Hopefully I'll soon have some time to finish laying the track for the hidden yard, and then start wiring and programming the thing.

Nope - I've been watching too many Shinonoi Line YouTube videos, especially ones taken at Obasute station.

Quick question do all modemo's include fly wheel? i notice the one i am about to mention below does.

But yeah i want to get a few painted ones like that.

I'm looking for a good reason not to get http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10189229

I don't currently do trams..... but i do plan too incorporate in the future and this just looks too great to risk missing.

Keitaro,

this sounds like a new design for the power train of the 2 part articulated cars. Most all the older two car articulateds  i have look to use the same mechanism. ive never actually had to tear one totally apart yet (they run very well) so dont know if there are small flywheels in the large gear box they have above either truck. the box is rather large and only its end sits on top of the center to the truck so there is room in there for a nice little flywheel.

i actually find they run fine as they are so even if its not a flywheel in there they still run great, with pretty fine control. trams tend to start/stop much faster than traditional rail most of the time, more like a car than train so momentum with a flywheel is not as important unless you are using a autoreverser that just does simple power on/off.

jeff

keitaro,

I'm beginning to think that if you were to stop buying trains Australia's balance of trade might shift to a surplus.    :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

keitaro,

I'm beginning to think that if you were to stop buying trains Australia's balance of trade might shift to a surplus.    :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

same goes for you too!

Actually i only have

100 X0

Odakyu Romancecar Series 20000 RSE Asagiri

tobu 200 series purple and a 2 car kiha on order for the whole year

i am NOT buying anything else except maybe that modemo and a realline in japan if i can but thats the holiday fund cash

I want to get something special when I'm in Japan too.  Either a Real Line, Tenshodo or Worldcraft.

Cheers

The_Ghan

thanks for reply i think i'll hold off a bit till i see how i go for cash since i just preordered the MA X0

Keitaro,

probably good you dont pick up any modemo trams, with your orders i fear after your first there would be a couple in each subsequent order! hey its a small item so it wont add much to the shipping and other rationalizations from there... they are kind of like popcorn or peanuts.

jeff

I want to get something special when I'm in Japan too.  Either a Real Line, Tenshodo or Worldcraft.

Cheers

The_Ghan

tenshodo please!

theres a nice nscale one flywheel equipped d51 with incredible detail and premade room for a sound decoder

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/tenshodo/c/0000001741/  but the price serious though if you fork out the money for one i'll be picking you up from the airport in syd so we can go play with it  :laugh:

Nice, I don't mind the C5711 for ¥95,000円 either.  That's still $1,200 though!

Cheers

The_Ghan

I just received a ship notice for my new Kato EH200.

Amazing.  Ordered Tuesday, shipped Wednesday and arrived today (Friday.)

I bought a lot of electronic stuff to continue building DCC modules. From Farnell, delivered next day!!! I'm not used to get orders so fast in Spain....

post-421-13569930868617_thumb.jpg

post-421-13569930869376_thumb.jpg