What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Nick_Burman

Nick, "Narrow Gauge in Colombia" is definitely worth getting. I believe the ARHS bookshop here in Sydney has a second copy - if you're interested I can get it for you. Vol. 2 of "Railways in Peru" has some great vintage colour photos of steam and diesels in the Andes, and a lot on the minor lines.

Cheers,

Mark.

Mark, thanks, I've sent you a PM.

Cheers NB

Might be my last purchase for a long time. I have been effectively banned from buying ahahaha.

Tomix 300-3000 16 car set

Kato ED73

Microace KiHa 281/283 add on (2 car)

Tomix E231-500 2 car add on (updated cars)

Microace 2009-2012 catalog

A bunch of misc couplers and accessories

LOL I still can't tell what the diff is between this Tomix set and the regular 300 series ahahaha.

these came.

first thoughts.

The GM 125 series is a bit dodgy. same motor as in my toei 5000 however the shell keeps popping off likely due to bad moulding of the shell and the springs for the lightsmake it spring up. This also causes issues with the lights working right as it takes about 1 minute of fiddling to get them both going.

Finally got a reply out of HS they suggested I try to push down on the shell and see if it fixes  ???  lol i emailed stating what i had already tried and found..... oh well

The basic cassiopeia 3-car comes with lights in the tables in the e26-1 carriage it has an EF510 which looks magnificent and is quite heavy but pulls all 7 carriages it had no problems. However it did not come with TN coupler for the ef510 like most of their recent locomotives have you need to buy it seperately.  :sad:

Hs confirmed in same email that this should have TN and the lack of instruction set was a manaufacturing error. They also mention i may have issues mounting a lighting board in this 3 car set and to contact them if i do. I cannot confirm as i have yet to purchase lighing for this model was going to soon....

The Addon a 4-car set is good however none of these comes with lighting included for the table lamps. i was as per transaltion assuming all the carriages with this would have so.

This set as per email from HS should have working lighting in the 2 carriages with table lamps. I have been asked to check they are not loose and get back to them

also the guide doesn't mention which TN coupler to buy for the ef510 but shows instructions of installing.

As mentioned above this should have Tn couplers to replace with. Hs will be correcting this.

Bad month for tomix i think .......... not blaming Hs for the issues as purely tomix fault though

... lighting included for table lamps ... ?

Huh?

Cheers

The_Ghan

Yes there tables with small leds in them.

similar to the picture here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassiopeia_(train) but they are detailed to be more like the traditional japanese tables.

I'll snap a pic tonight when i open it up to check the connection for lighting.

It's only in the top level not the lower level of the car.

ghan the link is not broken the browser is not adding the ) at the end of the link purely a IE fault

just add the ) at the end of train when you click.

ghan the link is not broken the browser is not adding the ) at the end of the link purely a IE fault

Edit your post!! ;)

I'm on Firefox on a Mac.  The link's broken.

Look closely: the terminal paren isn't highlighted in the link color. That means it ended up outside the "url" control codes.

I'm on Firefox on a Mac.  The link's broken.

Look closely: the terminal paren isn't highlighted in the link color. That means it ended up outside the "url" control codes.

Thanks kenS,

I'm tired of these smart-aleck, scallywags, blaming IE for their own typing mistakes (see next post).

Cheers

The_Ghan

Huh?

Cheers

The_Ghan

similar to the picture here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassiopeia_(train) but they are detailed to be more like the traditional japanese tables.

Hey keitaro,

To fix your broken link proceed as follows:

1. Take foot out of mouth;

2. Modify message;

3. Move ")" to before </url>;

4. Save message.

:grin  :grin  :grin

Cheers,

The_Ghan

Guest JRF-1935

Received - 2 Kato V11 sets - 1 N scale Cornerstone #933-3218 "Medusa" Cement factory - took a long time to find one of those - Thanks Ian! 

Rich C

Huh?

Cheers

The_Ghan

Hey Dopey,

To fix your broken link proceed as follows:

1. Take foot out of mouth;

2. Modify message;

3. Move ")" to before </url>;

4. Save message.

:grin  :grin  :grin

Cheers,

The_Ghan

thats just it it is correct there is no issue with the link ;) it's I.E. mistaking the ) for a end of instruction.

shit happens :D

Works when I type it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassiopeia_(train)

... and the ) is in the wrong place when I view your source ...  :grin

That's why there's a "Preview" button ... to test your links before posting.   :grin  :grin  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

it's a person error so no need to call them dopey, and stop waving that red flag at people's faces  :cheesy

Hey keitaro,

linkey's right, I shouldn't have been so blunt in my earlier post.  Sorry mate ... first drinks on me when we next catch up.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Guest JRF-1935

Received 1 Kato #137-2022 B;ack Amtrak #918 GG1, 2 Kato #20-221 #4 RH switches and 6 pks of Tomix #3007 Overhead Wire Masts for Double Tracks with Multi-length Truss Beams (12 per pk)

Rich C

Guest Closed Account 1

Found and ordered the original Kato add-on articulated coaches to complete the Kato GS4 SP 4449 4-8-4 Steam Engine "Daylight" and 10 car mostly articulated coach set. Total cars pulled will be 18 as in the prototype. Max 20.

This locomotive, in it's Wartime Black and Silver paint scheme, is best known for its role in the "Polar Express" movie.

I may get a hold of a second road number for those inclined show layouts. An auxiliary 405,000 lb tender would be the bomb.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Pacific_4449

So, a little old man just happened to walk in the clubhouse one day and wanted out of the hobby, cheap. Scored one for me!

I just happened to have the EM13 decoder that Kato designed into the tender.

This locomotive would run well over 100 mph. That was 1941.

Martijn Meerts

I have that full set as well (it was re-released not long ago), it's a great set. Quite amazing too that the GS-4 is capable of pulling all cars up a 5% curved incline :)

Guest JRF-1935

Received 2 Tomix #2787 30th Anniversary KOKI's with Containers and 1 MA A6970 TOKI 21500  2 car set from BTTrainsand their Yahoo Japan Auction service - Thanks Bob

Rich C

Well i have 2 types of post stories.

I have received word my graham farish is replaced and on it's way to me.

Also i have mailed back all but the limited 225-0 tomix model for defects from my previous order.

SONIC883_de

Hi,

order placed for:

* MicroAce A8262 KIHA183 Aso Boyi

Looking for shops to place orders for :

* Kato 10327 Eurostar

* Athearn New Mexico Rail Runner

-Kai

Guest Closed Account 1

Received my Kato Eurostar 10-327.

Received a Fleischmann ICE-T 7464 Coach car. Thanks Claude_Dreyfus !

tokyu 6000 series and some lighting kits for tomix as well as more TN's

Aslo got the a4 blue mallard on the way and soon some coaches for them.

On Friday I have received my Micro ACE Aizu 8500 (4 car unit) looks nice and can run as a 2 car unit each way :D

With a recent e-mail from HS most of my Jun reserved items (all 4 items from Tomytec) most likely to be delayed

Top Lifter B2 : TCM FD430 (NYTT Ver.) (1pc.) (with 40ft Container 1pc.) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10178569

The human 064 People at Police Station  http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10176285

The human 065 People at Police Station  http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10176286

Visual Scene Accessory 092 Fishing Pond http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10176283

which means if they are delayed, more time for me to save up. As I know I have a big shipping order coming in July. :)