What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Aint the JP staff suppose to be on Showa Day Hoilday? cause looking at my EMS tracking report my order is ready to be shipped out of Japan :)

I've just had 2 x 10-877 + 10-878 16000 series subway sets and EF64-0-37 (parked at Kofu) sent from Bigman.  Should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.  But, you guys will persist with HS !!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

today is holiday tommorow is not. regardless I paid thursday 3 am their time they had the whole thursday fri and sat to post. pretty poor IMO.

Ghan I told you I am only ordering because i have 19,830 points i am using on my preorder may and june after that the only order i have is with bigman in sept. Though I may acquire some models july / august whilst in japan.

The main reason i am annoyed in the delay for shipping is i get it sent to work and i am driving this week, next week i am not and i hate carrying my models on public transport.

Oh well looks like i will have to now.

I get your point keitaro.  I've got 11k points with HS myself.

I'll be using them when something I want comes up at a similar price - because you don't earn points on the item you buy.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I get your point keitaro.  I've got 11k points with HS myself.

I'll be using them when something I want comes up at a similar price - because you don't earn points on the item you buy.

Cheers

The_Ghan

or somethign you can't get elsewhere pops up.

Either way i'm finished with them soon JOY!

also i ordered 300 people in from ebay i ran out and i have 30 inside lighting pieces coming in the mail from f'mokei

i'm going to seat my 0 series shinkansen, some 300 series and all my kiha's.... i already have a few lighting sets to use as well.

Guest Closed Account 1

Found and acquired the last 2 coach cars for my Fleischmann ICE-T train 7460.

Coach Car #7463

Coach Car #7465

2 different sources. Neither had more than 1 to offer.

GM J.R. Series 125 Third Edition (w/Motor) (1-Car)

Train Models Interior LED Light (N) illumi (White/Wide) (10pcs.) x 3

Tomix [Limited Edition] J.R. Suburban Train Series 225-0 (Six Cars Fixed) (6-Car Set)

Tomix J.R. Electric Locomotive Type EF510 + Ltd. Exp. Sleeping Cars Series E26 `Cassiopeia` (Basic 3-Car Set)

Tomix J.R. Ltd. Exp. Sleeping Cars Series E26 `Cassiopeia` (Add-On A 4-Car Set)

assuming they ship it today ....

I've just had 2 x 10-877 + 10-878 16000 series subway sets and EF64-0-37 (parked at Kofu) sent from Bigman.  Should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.  But, you guys will persist with HS !!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

Just arrived.  10-877 and 10-878 were 25% off with Bigman.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Tomix [Limited Edition] J.R. Suburban Train Series 225-0 (Six Cars Fixed) (6-Car Set)

Tomix J.R. Electric Locomotive Type EF510 + Ltd. Exp. Sleeping Cars Series E26 `Cassiopeia` (Basic 3-Car Set)

nope still not shipped lol sigh oh well maybe 5th open business day

keitaro,

Ha!  I ordered my MA cattle-dog from HS because Bigman doesn't discount catalogs.  I paid HS the day before I paid Bigman for my Kato 10-877s.  The Bigman order arrived yesterday.  My MA catalog hasn't shipped yet either.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I got a thank you payment e-mail from HSJ on the Tuesday and it still hasn't been shipped out, so now I have to wait til after Golden Week, which it would be with the other EMS backlog items.

I got a thank you payment e-mail from HSJ on the Tuesday and it still hasn't been shipped out, so now I have to wait til after Golden Week, which it would be with the other EMS backlog items.

yeah mine has not shipped yet either. I guess i will get it next week. Oh well only got 3 more models or so to get off em and done.

Well I don't mind buying from HS at all, just wished they had let us know earlier that they are having a backlog of orders to ship out. Meanwhile one of my big orders the KATO 23-107 Platform A x10 and the KATO 23-118 Station accessories has arrived in a big box!  :laugh: now I can use the box for other items that I require it for.

Martijn Meerts

HS is usually really quick to send my items after I pay them, only happened once where it took maybe a week for stuff to get sent out. Even the replacement bits for the World Kougei Mitsui wharf loco kit were sent about 2 days after I mailed them I was missing the parts (shipping using EMS, at no cost) ..

(Knowing the customs here though, I'll get them in about 2 weeks ;))

Well Martijn,

It seems that times are a changin' over at HS.  I paid for my Tomytec 056-2 warehouses, 057-2 warehouses, and MA catalog last Friday morning.  It is now Thursday night and my order is still marked "preparing for shipment".  I know it's Golden Week, but I paid for my Bigman order AFTER the HS order and I received it on Tuesday.  HS should have shipped my order on Tuesday or yesterday.  I'm pretty disappointed.  I barely saved a dollar by buying the catalog from HS.  I won't bother next time.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Martijn Meerts

They must have changed within the past week then ..

April 24 I sent them an email that I was missing parts of the Mitsui Wharf loco

April 25 I got a reply saying they'd check with World Kougei about the parts

April 25 I got another reply saying World Kougei agreed to supply replacements

April 27 I got a confirmation that they sent the replacements

No idea why sometimes things take longer. Might be they have a ton of orders, while also getting new stock in at the same time. Might be they're low on staff because of illness, etc. Big places like HS are also like more effected by golden week than the smaller places.

Of course, might also be that they figure it's almost golden week, so they're slacking off somewhere with a large cask of sake :)

I can imagine it's frustrating for a lot of people, I always prefer to have my orders shipped ASAP myself, but in case of HS I don't mind much considering it takes at least 3 weeks before I get the items due to Dutch customs. An extra 2 or 3 days on top of that makes no difference.

Bought a MicroAce Gakunan 5000 "Akagaeru" for €55 today, along with a few KATO Unitrack pieces, on a model train fair in a town nearby. Pretty fruitful day. :grin

post-224-13569930652609_thumb.jpg

With Tomytec re-released the Diorama Rice Field mats (both Spring and Autumn) I have ordered 5 each (not happy with the restriction on how many you can buy from HS) but some of these will be brought from members of the Australian Japanese Model Railway Group who were quite happy in seeing what it looked like from my corner module that is used on for our exhibits.

these came.

first thoughts.

The GM 125 series is a bit dodgy. same motor as in my toei 5000 however the shell keeps popping off likely due to bad moulding of the shell and the springs for the lightsmake it spring up. This also causes issues with the lights working right as it takes about 1 minute of fiddling to get them both going.

The ilumini are betty much identical to the MA / tomix ones. These ones do not fit tomix shinkansens nor the cassiopeia or the 225-0 i just got. this is because the springs are to far in and won't allign with the holes. However i beleive the narrow ones do judging by their pics.

The 225-0 is pretty good. It runs fast and very low speeds and the lights light up at low voltage too. it comes with roughly 20 different detination boards to equip so you can choose your line. Bit dissapointed it was not already TN equipped being limited and all.

The basic cassiopeia 3-car comes wiht lights in the tables in the e26-1 carriage it has an EF510 which looks magnificent and is quite heavy but pulls all 7 carriages it had no problems. However it did not come with TN coupler for the ef510 like most of their recent locomotives have you need to buy it seperately.  :sad:

The Addon a 4-car set is good however none of these comes with lighting included for the table lamps. i was as per transaltion assuming all the carriages with this would have so.

also the guide doesn't mention which TN coupler to buy for the ef510 but shows instructions of installing.

The basic cassiopeia 3-car comes wiht lights in the tables in the e26-1 carriage it has an EF510 which looks magnificent and is quite heavy but pulls all 7 carriages it had no problems. However it did not come with TN coupler for the ef510 like most of their recent locomotives have you need to buy it seperately.  :sad:

One thing I do notice with the 3 car loco sets it that they sometimes cheap out (to keep costs down??). Case in point: check out the loco in the EF510 + container set:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10146106

Doesn't include grab irons even though their regular EF510 comes with it.

Kind of sucks that you have to buy these separately. All of my Sayonara Ltd Ed PC sets come with couplers (like Hokuriku, Fuji/Hayabusa, etc...).

@keitaro

Any happy about your trains or not? ???

yes and no. whats the point of putting lights in 1 carriage on basic set but no TN for the loco.

also why in the other addon they do not put the table lights??? just doesnt make sense.

the lights are special too and appears cannot be bought seperately? though i cannot confirm as the booklet mentions nothing of it nor adding in your own.

Also i have bought quite a few tomix limited ED and highgrade in last year all had TN for same price so why skimp on this???

The GM is disapointing as while it is running the shell pops up. It got stuck in the tunnel because of this.

I will be emailing hs on this though.

the models are great in appearance and running but it looks like tomix in particular are letting it slide in some ways.

Nick_Burman

Waiting for: Bits of Kato Unitrack

Arrived: book, "Railways of Peru, Volume 1: the Northern Lines" by Bob Whetham, Trackside Publications.

Ordered: Tsugawa HOn30 WaFu boxcar with brakeman's cabin. A close call, it was the last one in the store!

Cheers NB

marknewton

Nick, I'm sure you find Bob's book interesting - are you getting Vol.2? He has another book called "In Search Of The Narrow Gauge", which has chapters on the Ferrocarril Lima-Lurin, the F.C. Del Santa, the Hacienda Cayalti railway, and the Esquel branch, amongst others. I can highly recommend it as a good read.

Trackside Publications have a wonderful range of books on South American railways, most of which I now have - they take up an entire shelf. I just picked up the 3rd edition of Donald Binn's book on the Kitson-Meyer articulated locos. It has an expanded section on the surviving Taltal Railway K-M 0-6-6-0T. I also was given his book on the Chilean Nitrate Railways for my birthday. So much better than socks or underpants!  :grin

I also managed to get a copy of "World of South American Steam" by Christian & Mills, as well as Brian Fawcett's classic pictorial book "Steam in the Andes." Looking at the prices these go for online, I was very lucky to get these cheaply at an estate sale.

All the best,

Mark.

Nick_Burman

Nick, I'm sure you find Bob's book interesting - are you getting Vol.2? He has another book called "In Search Of The Narrow Gauge", which has chapters on the Ferrocarril Lima-Lurin, the F.C. Del Santa, the Hacienda Cayalti railway, and the Esquel branch, amongst others. I can highly recommend it as a good read.

Trackside Publications have a wonderful range of books on South American railways, most of which I now have - they take up an entire shelf. I just picked up the 3rd edition of Donald Binn's book on the Kitson-Meyer articulated locos. It has an expanded section on the surviving Taltal Railway K-M 0-6-6-0T. I also was given his book on the Chilean Nitrate Railways for my birthday. So much better than socks or underpants!  :grin

I also managed to get a copy of "World of South American Steam" by Christian & Mills, as well as Brian Fawcett's classic pictorial book "Steam in the Andes." Looking at the prices these go for online, I was very lucky to get these cheaply at an estate sale.

All the best,

Mark.

Mark, I think so, but I'm not in a hurry to do it. I already have books covering the Central and Southern of Peru, maybe I'll buy it for the lesser lines. I want a copy of "Narrow Gauge in Colombia", however I'm having a hard time in finding one. The only place I know which has one available is a bookshop in, of all places, Malmö in Sweden.

Forgot to add another "waiting", a copy of "Electric Railways of Japan vol. 1". It might be out-of-date but it's still good for the history bit. I also have ordered another 3 decoders in my drive to get everything onto DCC before effecting more rolling stock purchases.

Cheers NB

marknewton

Nick, "Narrow Gauge in Colombia" is definitely worth getting. I believe the ARHS bookshop here in Sydney has a second copy - if you're interested I can get it for you. Vol. 2 of "Railways in Peru" has some great vintage colour photos of steam and diesels in the Andes, and a lot on the minor lines.

Cheers,

Mark.