What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Guest JRF-1935

Been a Good Week !  :-)

Kato #20-437 Silver Double Track Bridges -(2)

Kato #23-233 Wood Station Buildings

Kato #23-225 Wood Engine House

MA #2804 ED16

Kawaii #KP-121 Plows

And from BT Trains - Thanks Bob !

Tomy #2 catalog

Tomix 1978 catalog

Tomix #2159 EF66 - Super Liner

Tomix #2184 ED76

MA #9212 EF64-1009

MA #9527 D51-706

Tsugawa #14013 TMC 100

Tsugawa #13623 Choshi Deki 3

World Craft Keifuku Type 611 - kit

Rich C

For my revised layout:

Bandai B-Train Keisei ElectricRailway Skyliner AE

Tomix HC 243-45

B-Train Shorty truck set

B-Train 3 power chassis

Nick_Burman

At the present moment I'm avoiding purchasing more trains... :grin however I've ordered books - "Hawaiian Railway Album", hardcover edition containing all the 3 volumes; "Electric Railways of Japan, vol. 1" - at last! I've been looking for it for years.. :grin; and a third book about railways in northern Peru. Also ordered more decoders (TCS M2) for my rolling stock - I've created a policy of not purchasing any more stuff before I wire what I have in hand. And my Chichibu trains need MT couplers...

Cheers NB

Even better when running :P

I can bet! :-)

But as I don't have a permanent layout, I have to take tome time to build a temporary one in my living room when I want to run train. Next time will be a great one: I need to try both my Skyliner and my 500 series!! :-)

Even better when running :P

I can bet! :-)

But as I don't have a permanent layout, I have to take tome time to build a temporary one in my living room when I want to run train. Next time will be a great one: I need to try both my Skyliner and my 500 series!! :-)

Yeah I know the feeling of not having my personal layout, it was lucky for me that we had an exhibition and the (Tomix) 500 was able to run and she ran very nicely.

Put in an expensive Hobby Search order as my first one. Ordered the V50 Unitram set and this http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10141566 to go with it!

So excited. How long does it normally take EMS to ship to Canada?

Usually about 4-6 business days.  With luck it will be here before Good Friday (April 6).

my 300 tomix came in and the worldkougei mitsui wharf kit came. boy is this loco is tiny and look impossibly hard.....

for those who have seen or have the thomas n scale model the mitsui tank loco is roughly 5mm shorter and about 100 pieces to solder and assemble.....

Picked up one of the Kato Dio Town buildings today from my LHS. Didn't come with the stickers, phoned up Kato and they are sending them out to me. I gotta say, Kato gets an A+ for customer service!

Also picked up a V1 switching set today as well. It's a lot of fun!

Payment notification came in for the Asahiyama zoo train! should be here next week! yahoo, but ouch on the cc!

also ups man brought me (not a train) my 1 gallon Senko air compressor. yeah no more running out to the garage to fill the 4gal air tank from the compressor when airbrushing! this little sucker is very quite and you can lift it with one hand. will be nice when little projects like nailing are needed around and outside the house as the big compressor is like a 75lb lug of a thing w/o wheels... that will get replaced someday.

jeff

Martijn Meerts

Got the payment request for the zoo train as well, but the order also includes the E1, Ki100 snow plow set and the Mitui Wharf 20tC loco kit ... Another 600 euro heading towards Japan :)

Same same but different ... I've got the zoo train bundled with my Tomix 300 and the Odayku 7000.  Paid this morning.  Finally, I will get my hands on a 300 series.  BTW, postage for the three trains is Y7500 WTF !!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

Here is my order:

Tomix 92991 [Limited Edition] J.R. Series 300-3000 Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen (16-Car Set) (Model Train) N Scale|1/160 Shinkansen (Bullet Train)

Item price :34,000 yen x Q.T.Y :1 = 34,000 yen

Tomytec 234814 The Car Collection Vol.12R (12 pieces) (Model Train) N Scale|1/150 The Car Collection

Item price :5,916 yen x Q.T.Y :1 = 5,916 yen

Tomytec 233848 The Building Collection 095 Electronics Shop & General Store (Model Train) N Scale|1/150 Building Collection|095

Item price :1,530 yen x Q.T.Y :1 = 1,530 yen

Tomytec 233855 The Building Collection 096 Clothing Store & Hardware House (Model Train) N Scale|1/150 Building Collection|096

Tomytec 233862 The Building Collection 097 Shoe Shop & Japanese Interior Store (Model Train) N Scale|1/150 Building Collection|097

Point Appropriation -718 yen

Shipping Cost [EMS] 6,100 yen

Total Cost 49,888 yen =$598.90 AUD (includes Paypal's %)

btw the 300 is perfect. played with it about 3 hours last night. would post vids but i have no net thank god for the phone

Several Kato-compatible DCC decoders just arrived, including one EMU sound-equipped one I'm going to experiment with. This included four DE22x6_DD54K and one

DE30sxn0 EL6x. Although the DD54K model was originally made for the DD54, it's apparently now the recommended one for DE10 as the old DE10K is no longer being made.

These were ordered from NGDCC in Japan, but via BT Trains.  And yes, I know I could have sent email and ordered directly, but I'm not a fan of emall-based financial transactions, and I was willing to pay Bob a reasonable fee to "make it so". This took a long time since it was bundled into one of his regular shipments to minimize the cost, but I knew that before I ordered and wasn't in a hurry.

my asahiyama zoo train showed up. wow, great painted train! going to be up there with doreamon on the layout! great to have it for sakura matsuri (and the white house in the altered universe!)

i also broke down this weekend and bought a new dr yellow 923 full set. it was on ebay new from ngandsery and went for $200 shipped ems, so was too good of a deal to pass up. i may sell the old one off later to help finance this one. i just love the all wheel pickup and the one white roof also is quite nice. anyone know why they did one roof white? heat? visibility?

cheers

jeff

Guest JRF-1935

Jeff

Good "Steal" - was looking at that also as a second set but I have the Tomix full set already.  Very Nice model!  The white roof is for heat dissipation.  Critical track laser measurements going on in car #4.  Check Platform 6 "DR Yellow" for full description of each cars function.  http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,5902.0.html

Good stuff there about DR Yellow, and "Great Photo's" by GMAT.

BTW - when you get your new Tomix set you'll notice roof decals included.  All are white except #4 which is yellow.  Also be careful when uncoupling the cars - you need to lift them up.  You'll see what I mean when you get the set and see the instructions.  The all wheel  pickup is superb !

Rich C

ah missed that in that thread!

yep i have the n700. lift and then give a little jiggle seems to work the best as at times with only the lift something still catches. jiggle seems less force than wrenching it up and down/back and forth and i kind of do it while i lift so i think that stops the catching usually before it starts. wish tomix would come out with retrofit sets of the pickups for older tomix shinkansens. i picked up one ring set and it almost looked like it would work on one of my older models.

jeff