What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Krackel Hopper

Received my March orders in the mail today.

Kiha183 Asahiyama Zoo Train - A great looking train!  One of the nicest detailed painted trains in my fleet.  Certainly in my Top 5 painted trains.  I really like the detailing on the cab cars, and it is nice that the front display boards are already installed and not some tiny sticker for me to put on crooked.  I didn't realize, but RapitBunny pointed out that all the cars are labeled on the sides (top center) with the animal names.

MicroAce Koki 71 - A unique two car addition to my container fleet.

Tetsudo Musume Container Collection SP (station posters) -  Twelve 40' containers with designs from the Station Poster series.  The containers are extremely colorful, but not as much variety.  The "12+2" is actually more "6+1" as the images are all duplicates, they just have different stuff written on them.  RapitBunny managed to find one of the secret containers, which is really cool.  The secret container is an advertisement for the Tetsudo Musume Container Collection SP and the picture on the container is of the containers in this set.

Good haul this month  :cool:

Only pre-order I have for April is the B-Train Shorty N700 Sakura R10 (4 car set) so I can save some money before June and July and RapitBunny empty my bank account.

Two Kato 2016 D51's arrived today. A few detail differences from the two previous D51 498 versions, including a different tender shell without the oil bunker, and a nice satin black finish instead of the gloss of 498. With a little weathering they'll be good looking steam era freight haulers. Number plates to do 611, 829, 453 and 352.

It would be nice to see Kato retool their whole steam fleet to this standard.

Two Kato 2016 D51's arrived today. A few detail differences from the two previous D51 498 versions, including a different tender shell without the oil bunker, and a nice satin black finish instead of the gloss of 498. With a little weathering they'll be good looking steam era freight haulers. Number plates to do 611, 829, 453 and 352.

Alvin is this the standard form? My understanding is the 498 had a these differences you mention. Not reffering to the sating finish.

have you got the d62's? is it the same black finish you reffer to? I only ask as i do not have a kato 498.

If you weather them be sure to post or send me some pics would like to see. Way to scarred to do to my loco's.

Cheers,

Dave

Alvin is this the standard form? My understanding is the 498 had a these differences you mention. Not reffering to the sating finish.

have you got the d62's? is it the same black finish you reffer to? I only ask as i do not have a kato 498.

If you weather them be sure to post or send me some pics would like to see. Way to scarred to do to my loco's.

Cheers,

Dave

It is the standard form. Flat would probably be a better description of the finish than satin, of the newer C62's I only have C62 18 and the new D51 has a flatter finish than it.

I just ordered the last 10 x Kato LED Interior Lighting Kits x 6 (11-210) from ModelTrainStuff @ $30 each.  MTS only has the single LEDs 11-209 left ... and the new product, of course.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I just ordered the last 10 x Kato LED Interior Lighting Kits x 6 (11-210) from ModelTrainStuff @ $30 each.  MTS only has the single LEDs 11-209 left ... and the new product, of course.

Cheers

The_Ghan

on the subject of lighting i ordered some of thoses fmokei illumini leds for MA/tomix models.

They went dow 300 yen too for preorder.

Mixi members seemed to beleive they were as good as the OEM ones so i'll wait to see.

Nick_Burman

This week Tomii Dentetsu car De1033 returned to service after receiving a new traction control package. The upgrade was highly successful, so the company sent four more cars to be updated. The intention is to have the whole fleet modernized by the end of the year.

On the freight department, the company has just signed a contract with the Forestry Bureau, the JNR and a major papermaker to haul woodchips from the Bureau's Higashi Tomizawa sawmill to the paper mill. The JNR will furnish the freight cars and Tomiiden will undertake the haul between the sawmill and the JNR connection at Hatoyama. This will happen in the form of a dedicated mini unit train of specially modified rolling stock. At Hatoyama the train will be consolidated for forwarding to the paper mill.

Back to the real world: had a week off at home, so went to visit my LHS. Collected the Tomytec frame I had left behind to be converted on my previous visit and left four more + TCS M1 decoders. While I was talking to the owner, out of the blue he dips his hand into the counter and pulls out a brand-new Kawaii ToRa900000 5 car set which someone had left behind in exchange for other goods. I snapped the set on the spot. Luckily I had enough M-T couplers at home to convert the cars immediately, so they'll begin service immediately.

Although it might sound a bit expensive, converting the Tomytec chassis to DCC is worthwhile even if just for the performance improvement, as it tames the chassis' tendency towards "slot car" speeds.

Cheers NB

Darklighter

A Kato Series 251 Super View Odoriko basic set arrived a few days ago, and I just ordered the Kato Fujikyuko Series 2000 Fujisan-Limited Express.

I couldn't resist as they both were quite a bargain (120€ each, bought the last ones http://www.menzels-lokschuppen.de had in stock).

A Kato Series 251 Super View Odoriko basic set arrived a few days ago, and I just ordered the Kato Fujikyuko Series 2000 Fujisan-Limited Express.

I couldn't resist as they both were quite a bargain (120€ each, bought the last ones http://www.menzels-lokschuppen.de had in stock).

The_Ghan clicks "Like"

Guest Closed Account 1

Came in today is the KATO E2 Tohoku "Hayate" Shinkansen

My Kato 10-868 arrived in a double volume storage case, and also received a TomyTec container forklift #228325. Had to verify it can really hold a 53 foot container. Impressed. It holds even with mast in most upward position, and forward tilted. Shown is a Kato BNSF 53 foot container with magnets.

Yes, it  the bullet is DCC friendly. I just installed the decoders and added it to my mobile efile inventory.

When UPS decides to show up, my Kato 500 trio and Fleischmann ICE-T end car will be back home. CaptOblivious was nice enough to install DCC and correct the ICE-T issues. I had compounded the conversion with cold solder bonds.

post-436-13569930577625_thumb.jpg

post-436-13569930578209_thumb.jpg

Guest JRF-1935

Received the MA EF12-64 w/snow plow, Kato #23-229 Steam Service Facility Set and the Green Max #2112 Wooden Signal Tower Set

Rich C

Small box with the new totter vending machine set, shoe shop and interior store, electrical towers, and flower powder from kobaru.

Also an iPad 3 from the wife...

Jeff

Guest JRF-1935

Received 2 sets of Tomix #3115 UTI containers, 2 Kato #20-222 - #2 electric WYE Turnouts

Rich C

Jeff

Don't have a "First Lady" so had to buy my own phone  :laugh:

Nick_Burman

TCS Z2 decoders. The M2s don't fit under the hood of the Tomytec steeplecabs.

Cheers NB

TCS Z2 decoders. The M2s don't fit under the hood of the Tomytec steeplecabs.

Cheers NB

I think it was a Z2 I put in mine. They are a handy size decoder to always have a couple on hand.

I have two orders (1 been shipped out on Saturday, the other in processing and shipped out on Tuesday):

order 1: (shipped out Saturday 28/4)

Kato 23-107 Island Flag Stop Platform A (Model Train) N Scale|1/150 Structure Q.T.Y :10

Kato 23-118 Platform Accessory Set (Model Train) N Scale|1/150 Structure Q.T.Y :1

order 2: (still in processing but has been paid off but due to Showa Day Holiday got an extra day delivery break)

Series E231-500 Yamanote Line (Basic 4-Car Set) (Model Train) Q.T.Y :1

Series E231-500 Yamanote Line (Add-On A 4-Car Set) (Model Train) Q.T.Y :1

Series E231-500 Yamanote Line (Add-On B 3-Car Set) (Model Train) Q.T.Y :1

Nick_Burman

I might be off buying trains, however that doesn't mean I'm off buying track. Bought a package each of S62, S62F, S64 and a wye switch. I already have an S62F, however I need another one that I can chop the wires to connect it to my B'mann Dynamis.

Cheers NB

I think your order might get caught in Golden Week shutdown unless its EMS.

Both orders are EMS, I requested them to be EMS as I would like to have them both in before the 20th May for pre-showing to the club members of the new items to join onto the platform to makeit look more real of the Shinkansen Service :)

I think your order might get caught in Golden Week shutdown unless its EMS.

Both orders are EMS, I requested them to be EMS as I would like to have them both in before the 20th May for pre-showing to the club members of the new items to join onto the platform to makeit look more real of the Shinkansen Service :)

i paid for an order thursday and they still havn't shipped my EMS i atand by mt HS is slow at posting the mail is quicker then there posting.

I've just had 2 x 10-877 + 10-878 16000 series subway sets and EF64-0-37 (parked at Kofu) sent from Bigman.  Should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.  But, you guys will persist with HS !!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

I paid for an order Wednesday AM (after-hours Japan time) and they sent me the ship notice at the end of the next business day (Thursday AM my time). The actual order had been placed several days earlier (shortly after midnight Monday morning my time) and they sent me the payment request 25 hours later (early Tuesday AM my time). At least before the end of the week, for things that were in stock, they were moving pretty quickly.

It shipped EMS, but hasn't arrived yet; it was in NYC Friday night, but I presume it has to clear customs, so I may not see it until Tue (which would be typical) or Wednesday.

It wasn't a big order, mostly a bunch of Kato catenary poles, including a pair of the new Shinkansen platform sets (Kato 23-239 Parts Set for Platform of Shinkansen) and some of the other sets, plus some Greenmax dummy signals and stone wall material.

It's not as exciting as a new train, but it will help keep me moving forward on the layout.