What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

OOoh, i got the coolest train yesterday.....the Galaxy Express 999 TV set! 

*G* I will be running this at N-scale weekend in a few weeks...and if anyone asks about the death-ray guns, i will tell them "This is to protect the train from the UP (Union Pacific) Borg....."

• Like 1
the_weird_one

^so jealous would love that set but never found one thats been less than £600 on eBay

OOoh, i got the coolest train yesterday.....the Galaxy Express 999 TV set! 

*G* I will be running this at N-scale weekend in a few weeks...and if anyone asks about the death-ray guns, i will tell them "This is to protect the train from the UP (Union Pacific) Borg....."

Careful the gun car needs loads of clearance! But is way cool!

Jeff

Martijn Meerts

You definitely need a layout with no tunnels or platforms if you want to run the gun car, or a layout designed entirely with the gun car in mind.. The things is about as wide as 2 cars :)

plus the guns act as mail bag grabs and will handily snag just about anything!

jeff

I'll probably run it on middle yellow line at the N-scale meet or any show i run it....the club layout is DCC on outside red line(I have too much stuff to worry about DCC....and inside blue would be risky as there are a couple of tight curves on one module that pose a hazard for any odd-ball or long car.....

.....just going to have to leave off the bottom turret, but that is ok....i dont think any attack will come by subway! :toothy12:

I spot a Tomix cleaning car? My grandparents have the Doctor Yellow version, they just got it in a Dutch local shop for the normal price even though it's very rare now in Japan. :)

Martijn Meerts
I spot a Tomix cleaning car? My grandparents have the Doctor Yellow version, they just got it in a Dutch local shop for the normal price even though it's very rare now in Japan. :)

The actual Dr. Yellow version with the Dr. Yellow couplers, or just the yellow/blue painted one? :)

It has Arnold couplers, so it's just in Doctor Yellow painting but still rare I think. We don't have any Shinkansen so we wouldn't be able to hook it up if it had Shinkansen couplers, this is the first time I've heard of that though.

Martijn Meerts

There's 2 yellow version.. The actual Dr. Yellow car which fits perfectly with the train, and a 'regular' yellow version with a blue stripe that's part of a cleaning box set (blue DD54 loco (which runs terrible btw ;)) + cleaning car)

The loco+car box set isn't all that rare (although it's been out of production for quite a while), the real Dr. Yellow one is very rare.. 

Doug has a good overview of the various cleaning cars here: http://jmtn.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/tomixs-cleaning-sytems/

It's in the coloring scheme of the 6493, but it has Rapido couplers. It's definitely not the 6431 coloring scheme and as it came in a separate box the DD54 was not included. Next time I'm at their place I'll take a look at the item number.

I really like those Maya34 cars btw.

Martijn Meerts

If it's really the Dr. Yellow version but with Rapido couplers, someone's gone and modified it. As far as I know, that specific version was never released without the hook and loop couplers :)

Yup, thats correct!  When my 9yo and I was browsing HS for a possible train to get him, he chose the Tomix track cleaner. Now he wants me to scratch-build the cars that it will pull! hahaha!  :)

Mardon

tomictrackcleaningcar_zps6b80725d.jpg

mardon, well any guy who builds 1/6 scale starwars walkers should have no problem with some custom designed cars from your son's imagination (but i could see him having quite an imagination with you as his father!)

jeff

Krackel Hopper
There's 2 yellow version.. The actual Dr. Yellow car which fits perfectly with the train, and a 'regular' yellow version with a blue stripe that's part of a cleaning box set (blue DD54 loco (which runs terrible btw ;)) + cleaning car)

The loco+car box set isn't all that rare (although it's been out of production for quite a while), the real Dr. Yellow one is very rare.. 

Doug has a good overview of the various cleaning cars here: http://jmtn.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/tomixs-cleaning-sytems/

A few years back, I got my hands on the Dr. Yellow cleaning car off ebay.  I don't think the seller knew what he had, as it was listed as "Similar to the Atlas track cleaning car" and something about it having weird couplers.

The box itself says "6943 Track Cleaning Car (Dr. Yellow Color)"

I love the Hikari Railstar track cleaner.. limited edition of 50.. if someone in Japan put that on Yahoo Auction JP, I bet it would sell for a small fortune.

JR 500系

Finally got sometime to post some pictures... Work has been really bad these days...

Anyhow, postman dropped a parcel last Friday... From FModels!

Sweet little box!

There are the illumi lights inside; 1 box of 10 of White narrow, 1 box of 10 of White Wide, 2x sticks of Orange Narrow and 1x stick of Orange Wide.

Time to fix them up to light up all my shinkansens! (Tomix only that is... since illumi is not compatible with Kato and i do not have any MicroAce shinkansens)

Also got the Tomix E231-1000 series... Mixed and matched myself to provide a 6-car train just right for my ground level station!

And a real nice and vey sweet surprise from Motoko Ahn san! A really exclusive 2013 Railway diary! There's beautiful pictures of trains inside and even rail maps for the WHOLE OF JAPAN! Heck i love it so much i'm gonna keep it and drool at it each day! Thank you so much FModels!

post-819-0-73803800-1368013509_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-39284300-1368013511_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-54570500-1368013514_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-68876600-1368013517_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-99558100-1368013521_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-56104200-1368013524_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-88815200-1368013528_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-32506000-1368013532_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-14302500-1368013534_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-01034200-1368013537_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-32271700-1368013567_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-67021000-1368013569_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-94172700-1368013571_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This week I received one order from Loco1 and two HS orders (partly funded by my income tax refund).

Kato 10-877  Tokyo Metro 16000 series Chiyoda line

Tomytec The Railway Collection Hiroshima Electric Railway Type 350 A (#352)

Modemo NT127 Tokyo Toden Type 9000 `9001 Red Paint`

Tomix 2715 J.R. Covered Wagon Wamu380000

DJ : The Railroad Diagram Information - No.349 May.

(N) Nine Scale World 2013 June. Vol.70

other miscellaneous pieces.

Also ordered a small oval of Unitrack concrete tie double-track and the pieces for a small one-sided station.

And last night I ordered a Greenmax 4392 Tokyu Series 1000 Ikegami/Tamagawa Line Three Car Set. Got the last one!!!   :grin

Edited by bill937ca

Just came in hte post today/yesterday is the Kato C11 which means I have another steam locomotive to had to my Steam Lococs Rollingstock.

C57 180 (short  smoke deflector)

C57 180 (Railfan smoke deflector - been told by one  of the members from my group, yes he is a pain in hte you know what)

C58 (not yet numbered)

C62 15 (Hokkaido)

C62 16 (Hokkaido)

and the latest

C11 (not yet numbered)

Darklighter

Ordered at AmiAmi's Rakuten store (with free EMS shipping):

Kato 10-865 Kyushu Shinkansen Series 800 [sakura/Tsubame] (6-Car Set) (29% off)

Kato 10-475 Series 251 `Super View Odoriko` New Color (Add-On 4-Car Set)   (40% off)

Kato 10-1137 Series E6 Akita Shinkansen `Super Komachi` (Add-On 4-Car Set) (29% off)

Kato 10-1111 Series E657 `Super Hitachi` (Add-on 4-Car Set) (29% off)

Kato 10-848 Series E259 `Narita Express` (Add-On 3-Car Set) (25% off)

• Like 1
Nick_Burman

Just arrived, Tetsudo Collection #16. I liked the Hokutetsu "Shirasagi" trainsets, both the stainless steel and the plain red-and-cream versions - they are just about my favorite Japanese private railway trains. Also the Asahikawa Tramway car - once motorized I'll have a complete Asahikawa train, just add a JOT tank car trailing behind!

Cheers NB

Three beauties arrived today, just in time for N-Scale Weekend.....all from Micro Ace

A-0365  KIHA 185 'I LOVE Shimanto, Ai'

A-4141  JR Limited Express Series 185-200 'Spur' Furu-Furu Color 7-Car

A-8262  JR Diesel Train Series KIHA 183-1000 Limited Express 'Aso Boy!'

Piccys later

Just arrived today, first Japanese train related stuff I have bought in some time.

Fujimi 2013 Snow Miku 3300 series Tram

Greenmax 2133 Train station

Greenmax Kiha54-500 Lupin the Third (had to get this, I love this anime)

Tomytec 022 Students summer uniform (12) X 2

Kato 23-508 Kei class truck and vans (4)

Arrived today.

Unitrack Concrete Tie 315/282  Double Track 

Greenmax Gate and Fence "naked kit"

More to come...

Edited by bill937ca