What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

my deki 300 showed up from taiwan of all places (ebay deal). nice model, i would almost use the word "cute" but not quite...

i picked it up out of the box and turned it over to see the trucks and promptly heard that little tap tap tap sound of a small part hitting the floor. turned back over and one of the gps antennas had fallen off. luckily few minutes searching around in the dust bunnies under the desk with the flashlight and found it! the cork flooring we have in my office is really mottled pattern so you cant see smutz on the floor, but also small parts disappear as well!

jeff

Guest JRF-1935

2 engines won on ebay arrived today - the MA #9704 - 9600 Steam Loco ($35.00) and the Kato #3004 EF66 ($45.00) also received the Kato #10-824 Hoki 2500 8 car set from HS.  Waiting on a nice order from BT_Trains.  :lipssealed:

Rich C

Martijn Meerts

Clem, the improved D51 isn't the Orient Express version though, although, it wouldn't be unthinkable if they did one with the orient express decorations on the tender etc.

Clem, the improved D51 isn't the Orient Express version though, although, it wouldn't be unthinkable if they did one with the orient express decorations on the tender etc.

I thought that's exactly what 2016-2 is - the improved D51 with Orient Express decoration.

It's 2016 that is the undecorated "standard D51".

Martijn Meerts

I must have missed the 2016-2 .. When I checked, I only noticed the standard version with no reference to a 2016-2..

I might have to try and get the Orient Express version though, as the Kato-Roundhouse version isn't very good really :)

I must have missed the 2016-2 .. When I checked, I only noticed the standard version with no reference to a 2016-2..

I might have to try and get the Orient Express version though, as the Kato-Roundhouse version isn't very good really :)

Same here. If I can get my hands on a 2016-2 the old one I got with my Orient Express will get a coat of plain black paint and get put on display in a park.

Micro-Ace Chichibu DeKi300 (second time round) and DeKi200. Also a Tsugawa HOn30 "Wa", however I posted that elsewhere in the list.

Cheers NB

got my microace fuji sleeper train with sound set a2952 set

can't wait to test it tonight. got it from tenshodo store for cheaper than the hs one.

it came wrapped up nicely and they dispatched same day i ordered.

I would have had it friday but my mail room gave it to the other me and i just got it off him lol.

pic of the sound unit instructions and the wrapped box.

i can't wait to post pics of model and a video of the sound unit.

post-484-13569930383572_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569930384079_thumb.jpg

I had a double order come in :)

1st order:

TOMIX 500-7000 Kodama shinkansen (8 car set)

2nd order:

KATO 2012 Catelogue

TOMIX 2011-2012 Catelogue

TOMIX Parts Catelogue

*I had to reorder the 2nd order due to the books got wrecked by an unknown person who thought placeing my backpack onto the wet floor and damaging the books while getting ready for the Japanese Summer Festival in Melbourne (02/11/12 - American dateline, 11/02/12 - Aussie dateline, 12/02/11 Nihon dateline)

So The_Ghan I can show you pictures what what happens to your KATO Catelugue of one that is water damage to the other which has been shipped out without a problem (slight ripples but that is due to printing)

I had a double order come in :)

1st order:

TOMIX 500-7000 Kodama shinkansen (8 car set)

2nd order:

KATO 2012 Catelogue

TOMIX 2011-2012 Catelogue

TOMIX Parts Catelogue

*I had to reorder the 2nd order due to the books got wrecked by an unknown person who thought placeing my backpack onto the wet floor and damaging the books while getting ready for the Japanese Summer Festival in Melbourne (02/11/12 - American dateline, 11/02/12 - Aussie dateline, 12/02/11 Nihon dateline)

So The_Ghan I can show you pictures what what happens to your KATO Catelugue of one that is water damage to the other which has been shipped out without a problem (slight ripples but that is due to printing)

The_Ghan wanted to click "Like"!

Guest Closed Account 1

LHS had a 20% off sale because they are an ace hardware store , too.

Bought 5 axian cases and one bag. Now half filled with just the modern American freight. The steam and their cars will fill the rest. Next sale I'll get another set for the bullets.

Snagged both fl12 decoders and found 2 em13's buried in a pile of brochures in the locked case. I was searching for TCS decoders.

The em13 wasn't labeled as an em13 it was in a static protection envelope stapled to the Digitrax decoder manual.

The manager learned that he could have just sold the decoders to the guy that bought the Chicago Metra. Ooops!

Didn't know his product so how could he sell it?

When I've bought EM13's, they usually came in little anti-static envelopes.  That seems to be the Kato USA packaging.  I did buy one set (I think it was from a Canadian store, but I don't recall for sure) that came in Kato's little plastic boxes with a chunk of black anti-static foam.  The envelopes weren't marked at all.  The boxes have cardboard labels with the the name and part number printed on them.

I like the boxes much better.  But I'll bet they're added in Japan, and the domestic ones go straight from Digitrax to Kato USA.

KenS,

I get all of my decoders from ModelTrainStuff.  I've had them arrive in the little plastic boxes in one order, and the anti-static plastic the next.  There appears to be no consistency, but MTS pricing is hard to beat.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Worldcraft EF13 29 (pre assembled) arrived today. Cost $420 but a kit version would spend the rest if it's life as a box of parts in my hands. I'm drooling over it at work and can't wait to get home to test run it and see how the body comes off to get a decoder in.

Worldcraft EF13 29 (pre assembled) arrived today. Cost $420 but a kit version would spend the rest if it's life as a box of parts in my hands. I'm drooling over it at work and can't wait to get home to test run it and see how the body comes off to get a decoder in.

Wants to like.

I know what you mean about eternally in a box.

I been trying to get the hitachi moha done but the motor is eternally stopping me from finishing the project as the gears just don't match up. It's like they gave me the wrong parts ......

other than that it's mostly done not including the paint

The_Ghan clicks "Like"

Where's my black balaclava ??  :cool:

Cheers

The_Ghan

my toei updated look and addons are in as well as the fujikyu 58 HG set just paid for them.

the fuji kyu and the other kiha 58 are using tomix's newest motor first model to have it.

maybe just maybe (unlikely) they have made it a bit more dcc friendly.

when i get it will post something if it looks some what unique to anyother regular tomix motor

Martijn Meerts

I doubt Tomix will be making stuff more 'dcc friendly' unless they come out with their own dcc system to be honest. But 'dcc friendly' can mean different things to different people anyway. For me, most Tomix trains are quite dcc friendly, because I can get decoders installed pretty quick :)