What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Greenmax Kiha 75 (4012) arrived today courtesy of eBay. Listed as used, but looks brand-new and is running very sweetly. Little packet of add-ons still sealed and a full sheet of what looks like water-slide decals. White / red directional lighting, all nicely presented in a plastic box that looks suspiciously like a VHS video cassette box (now I know what they did with them all!). Cost £40.

Downsides negligible - there's no English translation of what I take to be the "where to apply decals and parts" diagram on the back, and also there's a photo of the front cab glazing being removed and put back but I can't see why.

Has anyone converted one to DCC?

Overall, very happy.

Ian

ha the sal bin must have made it on the plane as two sal packages from a week apart showed up together in the sat post.

first was my sayonara order from R10: a couple kato pocket train mechanisms (great at 1200 yen each!) and a few more tomytec refinery parts. sad to have to say goodbye to R10...

second was my modemo MO 784 Nippon express tram. nice looker cute with a picture of a nippon express truck on the side and a nice bright yellow and blue.

jeff

Quote from: nightshade on January 11, 2012, 12:08:06 am

Plan on getting another MP36 set to change to caltrain.... :)

There are a lot of commuter railroads using the MPXpress locomotive family. Kato hinted in a YouTube comment that they're looking into different MP36 paint schemes, so it may be worth it to wait and see if they follow through.

I'm eagerly hoping for a GO Transit scheme; Athearn's Bombardier coaches are great, but pulling them behind an F59PHI just feels wrong

i prpbably would wait but already got second set striped and all 3 cars are caltrain painted (only thing i have left on cars is bottom red stripe and caltrain logo) as for the mp36 its undercoated already.....

here is my curent project for caltrain and surfliner (to the best of my abilities LOL) im not getting f59 for caltrain i have plenty of those

(2 coasters, 2 metrolinks, one amtrack west, ) so no f59 for caltrain, instead gonna get f40 (and have mp36 already)

and have and Atlas Dash 8-32BW Amtrack california in mail (should have it by tuesday, that was hard to get scince they are all sold out)

link to Nscale.net http://www.nscale.net/forums/showthread.php?24465-Two-new-projects-(Caltrain-and-Surfliner)

here is a tread with some of my stuff

http://www.nscale.org/forum/frameset.html?http://www.nscale.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26472

ha the sal bin must have made it on the plane as two sal packages from a week apart showed up together in the sat post.

first was my sayonara order from R10: a couple kato pocket train mechanisms (great at 1200 yen each!) and a few more tomytec refinery parts. sad to have to say goodbye to R10...

second was my modemo MO 784 Nippon express tram. nice looker cute with a picture of a nippon express truck on the side and a nice bright yellow and blue.

jeff

Maybe we all should send R10 a e-mail before they close their internet store to say Thank you to them?

Maybe we all should send R10 a e-mail before they close their internet store to say Thank you to them?

Already sent with my last minute order.....sigh...:crybaby2:

just delivered today the rest of Kato Niseko set and the next package on the way will be really the last, I can't still believe it

Thank's ago Naoto and all the R10 staff and don't forget, my collection is "Powered by Rainbowten"

my hogarakadou containers from bttrains arrived. got a few bright design ones as singles (bt is selling singles), but the price is ouch, but buying singles helps. i held off buying much of these as a 2 or 3 pack was really an ouch... the good deal are the blank refrigerated 30' containers. got some of those to make some nice decals for from my tomy tec containers for templates.

cheers

jeff

My M-A DeKi200 and WoKi+WoKiFu limestone car set arrived today. Although I ordered them separately they both managed to arrive here in the wilds of Pernambuco state together! The loco is running OK so I haven't touched the mech yet. I'm going home on leave tomorrow and both loco and set are travelling with me, they are just too much of an eye candy to be left behind...

I also ordered a second DeKi300 to replace the one I bodged. I took the opportunity to order something different - a Tsugawa HOn30 Wa van. Will report more on it in the appropriate section.

Cheers NB

i have the

Ma 200 - 1000 + addon

2 casco cases

world kougei hitachi dentetsu moha 13 kit pre rennovation

some grey tomix tn coupler 6 packs for my yamaguchi sl and my kinu 1700/1720's

2 x tomix chi1

4 packs of kato couplers x 20 for my freights.

and a tgw motor whel cleaning thing.

and stuff i can't remember right now

got all this in today excepts the hitachi which was a seperate order.

the 200 series looks really good and the couplers don't seem as bad as they look in the pic.

will post tonight about running if i get a chance.

will mention though that the bottom of each car says micro ace in big font which is a bit annoying.

It's a great set, Sander.

My favourites are 0, 200, 200-1500, 100, and 500 shinkansens.

I promise you she won't let you down.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I gave my 500 its first run for a while today, as an indication of when it last ran when I opened the case a 1999 club membership list fell out. :grin

We helped wire a members layout for DCC today and as he has a dedicated Shinkansen loop I decided to dust off the 500 last week and install decoders, a clean of the wheels and it was scooting around the layout like new.

Recieved the following items today:

Kato 10-510/511/512 for a full 16 car 500 series Shinkansen :cheesy

Sander

I saw your post on BNLS, it looks really nice! :grin
Martijn Meerts

I ordered 21 turnouts and 50 pieces of flex track, all Peco code 55.. It should be enough for my (main) hidden storage yard, of which the modules bases are almost done now (finally :))

Not entirely looking forward to making all the turnouts user friendly, but it'll keep me busy at least ;)

I ordered 21 turnouts and 50 pieces of flex track,

Wow, that's a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing it at your storage yard.

It's a great set, Sander.

My favourites are 0, 200, 200-1500, 100, and 500 shinkansens.

I promise you she won't let you down.

Cheers

The_Ghan

me like 500 > 100 > 300

my all time faves r the TGVs though  :grin

the 400 never gets any love  :laugh:

must be the ridiculous dome for a driver cab  :grin

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the e7 prototype images this march (so the rumor goes) :D

for those unaware it's based on the E2.

Meant to boast more powerful engine and redesigned to be more aero dynamical (probably another swann beak)

... (probably another swann beak)

Ducks, keitaro, they're "duck" bills, now swan beaks ... quack, quack, quack ... aaaaaaaand ugly to boot!  Look like they've been designed by Reliance Rail !!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

i think its just that they no longer take the final design step to refine the curves to really nice ones to the eye. now i think they take the aerodynamic models and just go with that. pity as japan was so great at going back and giving things that wonderful final once over to get a pleasing, yet just as useful curve. look at the E4 vs E5 noses. the E4 has some very classical curves in there (they are classics as they have shown the test of time to being pleasing to the human eye) where they are totally absent on the E5. i cant believe they could not have a little room of finesse on the E5. but that level of design tends to be absent in our current culture most of the time. its the google point of view, if it were valuable, it folks would be paying for it...

jeff

the 400 never gets any love  :laugh:

must be the ridiculous dome for a driver cab  :grin

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the e7 prototype images this march (so the rumor goes) :D

for those unaware it's based on the E2.

Meant to boast more powerful engine and redesigned to be more aero dynamical (probably another swann beak)

well, the next gen TGV - AGV doesnt look as ridiculous as the E5