What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the E7 prototype images this march (so the rumor goes). :D

That's intriguing. The E5 is only being deployed that they announce a new design. Can't say there is really a need to spend more money in prototyping.

Martijn Meerts

Can't say I like the AGV, then again, I haven't really liked any of the TGV's apart from the original design, especially with the orange livery, although the Atlantique was nice as well :)

The E5 has been growing on me, or at least the model has. What I like about the model is that the bogies are almost completely covered, and that they actually include one of those tools to help putting the train on the track ;)

As for the design, unfortunately tunnel boom and the noise coming from that annoys people more than a weird/unrefined design. With the trains going faster and faster, it's all about reducing tunnel boom these days. Just imagine 2 trains at 300km/h each passing each other right at a tunnel entrance/exit =)

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the E7 prototype images this march (so the rumor goes). :D

That's intriguing. The E5 is only being deployed that they announce a new design. Can't say there is really a need to spend more money in prototyping.

E5 ain't exactly a e2 in capacity.

There planning to have the train going by 2014 i think i read

Yes, that's what Wiki says. E7 will be ready for the opening of the extension to Toyama.

The difference in capacity is small: 815 to 730. It should be possible to make it higher by removing the Ultra Green class. Also, the higher speed possible with the E5 should make up for it. They still are going to replace the double-deckers by the E5, no? The loss in capacity is greater here than from the E2 to E5.

I really would like to know the reasons behind this because, like that, the choice doesn't seem logical financially. Or maybe there is some non-public problems with the E5s.

The extended Nagano Shinkansen (or better Hokuriku Shinkansen) will be operated jointly between JR East and JR West. This is the first time these to companies operate Shinkansen services together. Of course both will have a say in what kind of trains they will use. It's no wonder that they don't call the train E5 even when the E7 will be closely related to the E5, E2 or the Fasttech.

I can't wait to see the livery. Typical colorblast of JR East or the more conservative colorschemes of JR West.

To be honest, the only shinkansen stock I have any affection for are the series O cars. I reckon all that followed are hideous to one degre or another.

Cheers,

Mark.

I got my 923 Dr. Yellow yesterday (sent via SAL) so I am happy that it has arrived even if it was a slower shipping service. Now have it ready to run at Sandown Model Railway Exhibition (Victorian Labor Day Weekend 10-12March)

Linkey -

What do you think?  I really like mine.  Especially like how the 3 car basic set fits in the 4 car add on casket. 

Rich C

It is great. my son loves it too. would be nice for a cleaning car addition.

alot of tomix models work that way. 800 tsubame is the same the addon houses he basic as with many others.

i ordered the n700 limited kyushu r10. besides the left over preorders im telling my self thats the last model for this year.

though i told myself that every month since august.

Guest JRF-1935

Keitaro -

A cleaning car addition would be very nice !  I like how Tomix leaves the option to put all in 1 case.  Like you, I said my last order was all I was going to do for this year, but I found some really nice steam loco's from the 1930's to add to my freight roster.  Glad I have the freight cars to go with them.  :laugh:

Rich C

lol i have on preorder

Mitsui Wharf 5th-II Steam Locomotive 20tC Tank (Unassembled Kit) (Model Train) x1

Series E231-500 Yamanote Line (Basic 4-Car Set) (Model Train) x2

Series E231-500 Yamanote Line (Add-On A 4-Car Set) (Model Train) x2

[Limited Edition] J.R. Limited Express Series 183/485 `Kitakinki` with Kuha183-801 (6-Car Set) (Model Train) x 1

[Limited Edition] Suburban Train Series 225-0 (6-Car Set) (Model Train) x1

[Limited Edition] J.R. Series 300-3000 Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen (16-Car Set) (Model Train) x1

Fujikyuko Diesel Train Type Kiha58 `Kiha58001 / Kiha58003` (2-Car Set) (Model Train) x1

J.R. Electric Locomotive TypeEF510 + Ltd. Exp. Sleeping Cars Series E26 `Cassiopeia` (Basic 3-Car Set) (Model Train) x1

J.R. Ltd. Exp. Sleeping Cars Series E26 `Cassiopeia` (Add-On A 4-Car Set) (Model Train) x1

J.R. Ltd. Exp. Sleeping Cars Series E26 `Cassiopeia` (Add-On B 6-Car Set) (Model Train) x1

J.R. Luggage Van Type Kaya27-500 Ltd. Exp. Sleeping Cars `Cassiopeia` (w/Motor) (Model Train) x1

Meitetsu Series Kiha 8000 Common Train Set Limited Express `Kita-Alps` (6-Car Set) (Model Train) x1

essentially what this means is you may just see my in the news headlines as being murdered by my wife

Hahahaha! Impressive! I'm glad I have managed not to buy anything since mid-October and that beautiful dark blue DE10 by Micro Ace.

Hahahaha! Impressive! I'm glad I have managed not to buy anything since mid-October and that beautiful dark blue DE10 by Micro Ace.

i was looking at that too don't tempt me ....

either way that is definately my last order.

definately ... unless there happens to be  ....

no i must resist......

:grin

i have to pull roughly 30 hours of overtime to cover that preorder list  :sad:

Guest JRF-1935

I also wanted the beautiful dark blue DE10 - but resisted so far!  :laugh:

I almost pulled the trigger on the Kitakinki - but have resisted so far   :lipssealed:  :grin

I do have the - MA 1501 EF57-1, Modemo NT126 Enoshima Type 20, Kato 9600, MA D51-706, Tsugawa TMC 100 and the Tsugawa Choshi Deki 3 on pre-order - not to mention the Valentine Order from Bob at BT_TRAINS due in Feb.

I've over spent my limit like you guys - but I'm happy!

Rich C

I 'm waiting on:

JR Container Wagon KOKI 250000 (without container) - Tomix 2779 (N scale x5  -i have tons of spare containers awaiting these

Freight Car Toki 25000 - Kato 8017 (N scale) x5

40 cherry trees

and I just got:

4 sheets of brick wall facing (which I think I can press into clay and avoid buying anymore of).

Well its not actually mine,but a Athern big boy showed up on the doorstep today. Wow those are something!

Unfortunately I have to pack it up and ship it off to a buddy down under so I only get a day to look at it...

Jeff

Linkey -

What do you think?  I really like mine.  Especially like how the 3 car basic set fits in the 4 car add on casket. 

Rich C

It is great. my son loves it too. would be nice for a cleaning car addition.

alot of tomix models work that way. 800 tsubame is the same the addon houses he basic as with many others.

i ordered the n700 limited kyushu r10. besides the left over preorders im telling my self thats the last model for this year.

though i told myself that every month since august.

Yes, I quite like what TOMIX has done after all this is the first (and being 1st hand) shinkansen that I have brought (all of my other shinkansens are from KATO except for the 2nd hand 700 Hikari Rail Star). It would be great to have the cleaning car of the same color scheme as the Dr. Yellow to be joining up to the consist.

I haven't added to my list of reserved items as of December 2011, but it doesn't mean I will not be buying items as there is a few waiting list items I would like to get but I could also find them from Plaza Japan and JWS (eBay stores).

I just came across the following at HS:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10134790

Is this a set to replace the two 6-door ones in the last version of the E231 (10-578)? It seems it is because of the description.

The following conversation does have some relation to it:

Kato Catalog 2012 in Stock at HS

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10168375

Maybe I should get it somewhere too, then I can start drooling too. :grin

Just ordered the Series E231-500 Yamanote Line set from HSJ which will be out in April.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10172477 Basic Set (4 cars)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10172478 Add-On Set A (4 cars)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10172479 Add-On Set B (3 cars)

This will join with my E231-0 (Tomix) Sobu Line train in line cross over.

Is that a completely new production with only 4 doors per wagon instead of some wagons with 6 doors? I've got the basic set 10-578, is there already something announced about the differences? I hope that it won't look weird if I'd buy an add-on set of the new edition.

I believe that the E231-500 Yamanote will be the full 4 door set reading it from the translation on the HS website:

[cut out]

yes the stations are having gates installed in all stations and all stock is being replaced over time so the doors match with the gates.

it is still unclear if any major retooling has occured.

It was clear to me that JR East was replacing them, but I was actually talking about the model of course.

What do you mean with major retooling?

I'm curious whether adding them to an existent Kato E231 makes it prototypically or not really. It's still weird that if you only have the basic set yet, you have to buy the two add-on sets first, and then to replace one carriage of the addon set.

i kept looking at the ma deki300 but work is thin right now and the $73 was stiff, but one just came up on ebay that i was able to snag for $52!

going to have to go and sing the happy boy song i guess.

jeff

It was clear to me that JR East was replacing them, but I was actually talking about the model of course.

What do you mean with major retooling?

I'm curious whether adding them to an existent Kato E231 makes it prototypically or not really. It's still weird that if you only have the basic set yet, you have to buy the two add-on sets first, and then to replace one carriage of the addon set.

the set basic and addon b had the 6 doors as at time of making the model.

The 2 4 door addon set is to replace those.

the cars were replaced in february 2010.

again after that though car 10 had modifications done with slightly different 4 door spacing to the rest therefore the new completed sets to be fully prototypical.

Also the models now have the TASC marking

TASC:Train Automatic Stop-position Controller