What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Guest JRF-1935

Got my Tomix Dr Yellow (7 car) set yesterday - Really pleased with the New powered bogies, runs great with no lights flickering, even with dirty track.    Be advised to "lift the cars" during uncoupling and if necessary, use the tool provided.  Decals included are for use on cars 1 thru 7 on the roofs.  Absolutely a Very Fine model by Tomix.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be getting mine (TOMIX - Dr. Yellow) soon.

Your Welcome Sarah - I know you'll really like it!

Got my Tomix Dr Yellow (7 car) set yesterday - Really pleased with the New powered bogies, runs great with no lights flickering, even with dirty track.    Be advised to "lift the cars" during uncoupling and if necessary, use the tool provided.  Decals included are for use on cars 1 thru 7 on the roofs.  Absolutely a Very Fine model by Tomix.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be getting mine (TOMIX - Dr. Yellow) soon.

Your Welcome Sarah - I know you'll really like it!

i shall have mine soon too! not that i have the layout to really run it properly on.

I got some track the other day so i can do one on the ground with the son havn't used it yet though

Guest Closed Account 1

Got my Kato FL12s in a couple of days ago.. Just tried installing them, and my first impression is pretty much "I'm never buying these again" ...

Try swapping the decoders in each car. Rotate them opposite. Will your Dcc controller talk to it?

Also, warranty is with Kato Japan not Digitrax or Kato Elsewhere.

Kato Catalog 2012 in Stock at HS

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10168375

Maybe I should get it somewhere too, then I can start drooling too. :grin

Just ordered the Series E231-500 Yamanote Line set from HSJ which will be out in April.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10172477 Basic Set (4 cars)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10172478 Add-On Set A (4 cars)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10172479 Add-On Set B (3 cars)

This will join with my E231-0 (Tomix) Sobu Line train in line cross over.

Is that a completely new production with only 4 doors per wagon instead of some wagons with 6 doors? I've got the basic set 10-578, is there already something announced about the differences? I hope that it won't look weird if I'd buy an add-on set of the new edition.
Martijn Meerts

Webskipper, it's the train itself causing the problems, not the decoders. I've tried the decoders in my E5, and they work just fine. The Kodama's end cars just have a crappy socket.. So much for DCC-Friendly =)

I need to check some other DCC-Friendly trains I can test the decoders with. I want to believe the Kodama is an exception, but I've heard about similar problems with other models. Still, some trains just don't have the space to hide a regular function decoder, so even if I have to solder in the FL12's, they're probably a better option than regular decoders.

Kato Catalog 2012 in Stock at HS

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10168375

Maybe I should get it somewhere too, then I can start drooling too. :grin

Just ordered the Series E231-500 Yamanote Line set from HSJ which will be out in April.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10172477 Basic Set (4 cars)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10172478 Add-On Set A (4 cars)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10172479 Add-On Set B (3 cars)

This will join with my E231-0 (Tomix) Sobu Line train in line cross over.

Is that a completely new production with only 4 doors per wagon instead of some wagons with 6 doors? I've got the basic set 10-578, is there already something announced about the differences? I hope that it won't look weird if I'd buy an add-on set of the new edition.

I believe that the E231-500 Yamanote will be the full 4 door set reading it from the translation on the HS website:

<snip>

This item is limited to 6 per household.

Copyright East Japan Railway Company

- Description - Vehicle

Yamanote Line, JR East metropolitan area's main artery, movable fence home to home station with the aim of safer transportation (home door) and installation is underway, construction to installation of all the Yamanote Line station will are planned. As a result, the car was scrapped six doors, four doors were either former.

KATO is so easy to enjoy a unified organization he started four new doors will be what sets us to renewal.

[Product Description]

4 door car was the former, the Yamanote Line 500 series of the latest E231 system, accurately reproduced by a combination of hematopoietic Set B A / hematopoietic / base.

Car Saha E231-10 is characterized by a window placed in the base set the series lineup 4600. I enjoy the Yamanote Line.

Yamanote Line is the line color, rich texture of the body represented wearing a band of light green steel.

Formation can be reproduced in full both the 11-vehicle set B as both hematopoietic hematopoietic both A 3 Set 4 Set Base 4 cars.

Basic set, hanging expression adopted a new package. In addition, both hematopoietic Set A 4 books so we adopted the eight cases for storage of both the basic set, you can even increase the amount of cleaner housing organization 8.

Blue gradient represents the front glass.

The prototype, Tokyo General Rolling Stock Center (east tower) 551 organization.

Cooler with transactions made by Supotekku AU726B. (SAHA E231-600, E231-excluding Saha 4600)

With flywheel power unit employed

Suspension mechanism

DCC friendly

Represent a partition front window visible from the rear driver's cabin. Also, you can see the room through a window at the same time partition.

Head lights / tail lights (Kuha E231-500, Kuha E230-500)

KATO coupler with tightly stretched PAT form. The standard Consolidated intermediate wheel →

Accessories (car head) seal destination sign on the roof equipment (parts with users)

OPTIONS - Optional support

No. :11 clear interior light LED-211

Clear interior light LED (input bisect 6) -212 No. :11

Item Size : 19.7 x 17.8 x 3 cm

</snip>

I need to check some other DCC-Friendly trains I can test the decoders with. I want to believe the Kodama is an exception, but I've heard about similar problems with other models.

I've had problems with older "DCC Friendly" commuter EMUs, but all of the recent (2010+) ones seem to work fine. I think it took Kato a while to get the placement of electrical contacts both correct and reproducible so that every model was the same.

well i got a lot in today.

2 x 100 series shinkansen limited ed

kato c62 -2 and -3 models (nice  :grin)

9 x kawai hoki 10000's

1 x Dr Yellow full set

Interior light set of 6 x 2 for MA Tobu 1720 and 1700

Tomix 455/475 set came in today.... Now trying to work out if I need to buy extra coaches cause it doesn't look right for a 10 car unit.

just a little package today, Dr.Yellow, 100 revival and 787 around Kyushu, I wait R10 holyday end to know something about C62-3 and relative Niseko cars set.

now I'm really curious to compare the old and the new Dr., maybe this weekend...

My Kawai 20th anniversary set of 20 wamu 80000's arrived today. I now have 69 wamus, 20 Kawai, 15 Micro-Ace and 34 Tomix wamu 380000's.

You've got 69 of them? That's really a lot. They aren't that expensive actually. Which locos will be pulling them at your model railway?

You've got 69 of them? That's really a lot. They aren't that expensive actually. Which locos will be pulling them at your model railway?

I usually use a Kato EF65 because it's got a decoder, it will pull the 44 Micro-Ace and Tomix, it might take the 20 Kawai as well because they are a bit lighter than the others. The fun will be at train shows watching kids try to count them.

Kato Full Hokutosei consist...

3065-1 EF510 500 in Hokutosei colours

7008-2 DD51 in Hokutosei colours

10-831 24系 Hokutosei Deluxe formation Basic set

10-832 24系 Hokutosei Deluxe formation Add-on set

and

Tomytec 201系 Shikisai old paint job, with motive unit and wheel upgrades 

Expensive month...  :grin

Martijn Meerts

Ran the full morning daylight set behind my GS4 .. Just .. Wow :)

I know it's not Japanese, but still, it's a great train, and the GS4 pulls the cars with ease.

Ran the full morning daylight set behind my GS4 .. Just .. Wow :)

I know it's not Japanese, but still, it's a great train, and the GS4 pulls the cars with ease.

those are superb colors, chosen by an old expert colorist im sure. when you get to visit california you will see where the color idea came from there, the sunrises and sunsets create a golden orange color with the golden (some call it dead grass brown!) hillsides that is spectacular. i can visualize these colors in a sunset with the sun going down over the water and the train backed by golden hills (most of ca coastal areas not covered with evergreen trees are brown 3/4 of the year and only really green in mid winter) ohhhhh! or coming down the central valley in a sunrise again oooohhhhh. one thing that can never really be done on a layout!

one of those times when you really appreciate someone having the design reigns to do something that fits its environment perfectly! also california is big and long and was booming in the early 20th century so the grandeur of the gs4 with its big sleek sides really fit the place and time very well. i still have my old concor sp daylights and will probably never get rid of them even though they are not the greatest models since i worked so hard as a kid to build up the set (scraped many a boat hull and varnished miles of woodwork!) They were my pride and joy!

Enjoy!

jeff

a 1/133 scale Speed Racer Mach 5. while a tad overscale, i thought it would be fun to have it on public display in a plaza or park as some sort of little show. i think as long as its not right next to a regular car it will look fine. that and a big crowd of people around it. have to paint someone up like speed racer! maybe some movie promo. maybe an add truck next to it with a movie ad for speed racer movie. seemed like something odd and fun.

think i tracked down a scale batmobile as well. making a batman will be harder!

cheers

jeff

Martijn Meerts

There were quite a few nice named trains in the US.. I really like the Broadway Limited for example as well.

Have to say, the GS4 is a very capable model, it's pulling all 18 cars with almost no effort at all. Did get some derails on some elevated curved track, but can't blame the cars for that because they were running on lower than recommended radius :)

My M-A Chichibu DeKi300 has just arrived. Now I have to figure how to fit M-T couplers (damn ye M-A!!!) and a decoder.

Cheers NB

Well got a Kato MP36 Metra set, Athearn Coaster 2x f59phi

but only 3 cars as of now..... (one more car set to go for coaster)

Plan on getting another MP36 set to change to caltrain.... :)