What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

My M-A Chichibu DeKi300 has just arrived. Now I have to figure how to fit M-T couplers (damn ye M-A!!!) and a decoder.

Cheers NB

I put a decoder in one, I'll have to take it apart to see what type of decoder I used and how I did so I can do my two new ones.

Just for fun, I ordered 2 New Years grab bags from Popondetta. Not sure what came with which as everything was all taken out and individually wrapped (!!!) but one was Y3,300 and the other was Y3,000. So swagger below, that they probably otherwise would never have gotten rid of in a million years, is now in my hands.

Also got the 2012 Tomix regular and parts catalogs in the same shipment.  :cool:

post-140-13569930097693_thumb.jpg

Krackel Hopper

Received my Greenmax built-up Apartment building today.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10149245

At a glance, this is truly pre-built.  The only "details" left are the satellite dish and antenna, which just pop right in the holes on the roof.  The detail is nice, but nothing overly spectacular.  There is no interior or separate floors.  The windows are what I would call "lightly frosted" so you cannot easily see straight through the building.  I'm sure Quintopia will find a way to make floors and furniture for these apartments! 

The underside of the roof has a small groove on either side, allowing it to be cut flush with the side walls so you can set multiple units side-by-side.  However, stacking vertically will require some extra work in modifying the stairwells and drain spouts to get them to line up for added height.

I found it interesting that the building came numbered.  3-1-1 in block letters on either side.  Greenmax has announced a decal set (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10167886) allowing you to give different numbers.  $15 seems rather expensive for a single sheet of numbers (which is what I gather from the picture) but they have both an A and B sheet set.  Set A goes with the original apartments and Set B for the urban renewal apartments.  Decals appear to be the same, maybe one set of numbers is a different size?

For the price, and zero work required for this to be layout ready (aside a spray of dull-coat to get rid of the plastic shine) I am happy with this purchase.  I'd like to get the Skynet (Aoshima) Multi-Unit apartments (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10115167) to compare the two.  They are about the same price point ($30usd), is the Skynet apartment worth the added effort of assembly? 

HiSpdTrainFan

Just bought this mint condition Tomix Shinkansen 100 HIKARI 7 cars set from an estate sale. Train was a collector item, never been run on tracks. It was so cheap i just could not pass it up. :grin.  I know there are add on cars to it, but how many? 2, 4, 6 ?

my kawai type B6 0-6-2 tank engine came today. very happy camper! for $30 it was a steal, all new and detail parts unopened and ready to install. actually a lot of nice detail parts on it. runs pretty well, needs some oil and break in. it wobbles a tiny bit, but all smaller engines like this can do some of that, looks more realistic like its rolling on old, wobbly track!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10014074

cheers

jeff

Just bought this mint condition Tomix Shinkansen 100 HIKARI 7 cars set from an estate sale. Train was a collector item, never been run on tracks. It was so cheap i just could not pass it up. :grin.  I know there are add on cars to it, but how many? 2, 4, 6 ?

good luck!

you have bought the X set old version and add-on cars for this one are really hard to find and not all prototypically correct (125-500 and 125-700 cars has been reproduced only for renewed X and G set released in 2006 and for the Sayonara box).

your set can be 92039 (first release in blu box with metal clip), or 92613 (the same set inside a normal grey plastic box) or 92624 (set with improved motor)

for 16 cars formation you need 4 add on cars 2815 (126 type), 4 x 2816 (125 type) and one 2822 (125 type with motor)

ops.. I forget, if you are lucky is possible you've bought the prototype set X0 92031 with small windows on each seat, normally sold around 20000JPY on used market (but add-on cars for this one has never been produced..)

ciao

Massimo

my kawai type B6 0-6-2 tank engine came today. very happy camper! for $30 it was a steal, all new and detail parts unopened and ready to install. actually a lot of nice detail parts on it. runs pretty well, needs some oil and break in. it wobbles a tiny bit, but all smaller engines like this can do some of that, looks more realistic like its rolling on old, wobbly track!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10014074

cheers

jeff

Jeff - for $30.00!? How did you do that?

Jeff - for $30.00!? How did you do that?

was up for buy now or best offer at $35, i offered $25 on a whim and they accepted! $5 shipping. patience pays off! it does run a tad rough, but most steamers i have had do at first and usually require a break in and a tad of lubrication sometimes.

cheers

jeff

As per today, this one is on order

at HS:

c622_b.jpg

great model. be careful though bit touchy on 280 curves or less tomix wise. atleast me -2 and - 3 are.

As per today, this one is on order

at HS:

c622_b.jpg

great model. be careful though bit touchy on 280 curves or less tomix wise. atleast me -2 and - 3 are.

Thanks for the hint - my min. radius is 282 mm on Kato track. Will give it a try with that.

all good. i get a few derails on my 280's not many but sometimes it does and it's perfectly flat say 20 odd passes before a derail.

the 243 that i use for the son on the ground it derails almost every second curve

Just for fun, I ordered 2 New Years grab bags from Popondetta. Not sure what came with which as everything was all taken out and individually wrapped (!!!) but one was Y3,300 and the other was Y3,000. So swagger below, that they probably otherwise would never have gotten rid of in a million years, is now in my hands.

Also got the 2012 Tomix regular and parts catalogs in the same shipment.  :cool:

Clem,

I had your old EF64 out yesterday.  I had it crawling around the track identifying the dirty sections ... lots of dirty sections, I'm afraid!

Cheers

The_Ghan

i have found using the cleaning pads and scrubbers from the track cleaner are best done via hand... though i still run the cleaners as they are awesome to run.

anyway got a few freight cars enroute to me and a motorised cleaning section from tgw

all good. i get a few derails on my 280's not many but sometimes it does and it's perfectly flat say 20 odd passes before a derail.

the 243 that i use for the son on the ground it derails almost every second curve

My C62 takes the 282mm radius on T-TRAK corner modules ok but the C62-2 and C62-3 have retooled mechanisms different from the last release of the C62. http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~toyoyasu/c622ktn_1.htm Halfway down page 2 there's a picture of both with the tops off.

Clem, would it be possible to do a quick review of the signal control lever for us? I'm mighty curious...I want my layout (whenever I finally get to doing one) to have a measure of signalling and interlocking, thus the curiosity.

Cheers NB

Claude_Dreyfus

My latest arrival is a little out of left-field for me. A Kato C11 tank engine. Really rather nice, and runs beautifully  :grin

Plan on getting another MP36 set to change to caltrain.... :)

There are a lot of commuter railroads using the MPXpress locomotive family. Kato hinted in a YouTube comment that they're looking into different MP36 paint schemes, so it may be worth it to wait and see if they follow through.

I'm eagerly hoping for a GO Transit scheme; Athearn's Bombardier coaches are great, but pulling them behind an F59PHI just feels wrong.

For our Train Shoppers Anonymous, "What did you order or the post deliver?" comes back in a new exotic (and non-japanese) version, "Look what I just got".

A place for you to show off your SNCF, SNCB, FI, RENFE, CN, RN, SBB/CFF/FFS, DB, DSB, ect stocks and other structures...

Two orders came in.

Order #1:

Tomix 2011-2012 Catalogue

Tomix 2011-2012 Parts Catalogue

KATO 2012 Catalogue

Order #2 (shipped from one of the members of AJMRG)

KATO 23-122 Overhead Station

KATO 23-123 Overhead Station expansion set.

Tomytec Beach-house A set

I received the 4 B-Train Shorty Toden Trams and Motors, and two of the Limited edition JRF white Containers on Koki107 wagons (Tomix 92989).

i have the

Ma 200 - 1000 + addon

2 casco cases

world kougei hitachi dentetsu moha 13 kit pre rennovation

some grey tomix tn coupler 6 packs for my yamaguchi sl and my kinu 1700/1720's

2 x tomix chi1

4 packs of kato couplers x 20 for my freights.

and a tgw motor whel cleaning thing.

and stuff i can't remember right now