What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Still waiting for my Micro Ace kokutetsu 485 from HS, and just got the shipping notice for the Kato 143 I had reserved, plus a Green Max 123 kit (thanks for the help with my Mini-Echo thread....).

Got my Kato Rural Platform set today, but the package smells like stale cigarette smoke. :-P I guess I'll put the pieces in a plastic box, toss the Kato box, and then hope that the smell fades soon.

got my gappa monster model today. looks to be almost n scale. even has a motor included to make it walk! figured goji could get a break now and then on stomping on the jrm layout...

jeff

Mark, thank you very much for those pictures of the steam tram.

If you have a colour one of the side of the Loco it would be much appreciated.

PM it to me.

Ta    Mike

Guest JRF-1935

Today Sam my Mailman brought me -

2 Tomix #2736 KA 3000's

2 Tomix #2737 TSUMU 1000's

1 Kato 10-506 3 car set (2 Gons and 1 Gon with center cab)

1 Kato Heljan #23-401 - 3 peice Pylon Kit

2 Walther's Cornerstone North Island Refinery Kits

Rich C

:grin

Today Sam my Mailman brought me -

2 Tomix #2736 KA 3000's

2 Tomix #2737 TSUMU 1000's

Rather interesting, these two. I received some last week after admiring them at HS's site, then casually leafing through an old Tomix catalogue from the mid-eighties, there they were, but the illustrations were overprinted like most other Tomix freight wagons in this issue, which disappeared from their lineup, to show up soon after as Kawai products. Now the're back, looking just like those of old.  Curious.

Angus

Guest JRF-1935

Angus,

The first link shows the early Tomy production line (1975) before Tomy became Tomix (1976).  The loco's were a joint venture with Bachmann, USA.  I have the ED-75, with the Bachmann drive.  The original molds for the Tomy freight cars were sold to Kawaii, but I don't know exactly when.  Been looking for info on the early history of Tomy/Tomix but haven't found any yet.

The 2nd link shows the Tomix early production (1976 - to 1987)  Interesting how some of the cars have been produced again with different numbers by Tomix without knowing the history or relationship between Tomix and Kawaii.  

http://www.trainweb.org/tomix/tomy/tomy.htm

http://www.trainweb.org/tomix/rollingstock/freight.htm

Curious indeed.

Rich C

Special Thanks to Rich K

Martijn Meerts

Ordered 2 Kato FL12 from PlazaJapan for my series 151 Kodama. Installed a Lenz Silver+ mini in the motor car (needed 2 attempts, the smoke that makes sure the decoder functions escaped after the first attempt ;)) Was about to install the function decoders, but noticed it's hard to hide them, so I figured I'd give the FL12 a shot.

The Australia Post courier came in on a Sunday to drop of the Kiha 47-500/1500 (New Niigata color), now it is time for me to cry as a lot of stock is about to come through from HSJ and lack of funds is going to hurt me hard.

The Australia Post courier came in on a Sunday to drop of the Kiha 47-500/1500 (New Niigata color),

That's a nice set, though--I hadn't seen that one before.

HS has announced the arrival (and requested payment for) my M-A Chichibu DeKi 300. I also managed to snap a M-A Chichibu WoKi + WoKiFu (hopper and hopper with brakie cabin) set to go with it which someone gave up on - I was lucky, it was the only one in the store!

Cheers NB

Martijn Meerts

Just got a payment request from HS for my Morning Daylight car sets and TomyTec sake brewery.. A grand total of 740 USD, ouch ;)

Just got a mail from HS that http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10164431 is coming in stock mid December... As if December wasn't expensive enough =)

I'm seriously considering the pre-assembled version, a bit more expensive, but if I got the kit it would probably stay a kit and it would be something different.

On a lighter note my chicken ramen tram arrived from PJ today, very nice. Even when they're having a bit of fun Kato do a good job.

Going completely Chichibu! M-A DeKi 300 and 200 (another lucky HS find) plus limestone hoppers to match. Also ordered some Tomix pans for my Tomytec stuff.

I also received a small batch of M-T couplers and a TCS M1 decoder which I'll have wired into one of my Tomytec cars as soon as I get home leave.

Cheers NB

just ordered a few tomytec refinery parts and 2 axle kato chassises from rainbow ten. it was my farewell order to do one last one... sad.

jeff

Going completely Chichibu! M-A DeKi 300 and 200 (another lucky HS find) plus limestone hoppers to match. Also ordered some Tomix pans for my Tomytec stuff.

I also received a small batch of M-T couplers and a TCS M1 decoder which I'll have wired into one of my Tomytec cars as soon as I get home leave.

Cheers NB

do you mean these ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MicroAce-A2088-Chichibu-Cement-Freight-Car-Hopper-Type-HOKI-10000-8-Car-Set-/400263753964?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item5d319430ec

been looking at them but too pricy