What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Finally these came in today (1/12/11):

The Building Collection 030-2 Japanese Temple C2

The Building Collection 029-2 Japanese Temple B2 and

The Building Collection 028-2 Japanese Temple A2

So now here comes building them up and work out where am I going to place the whole unit. lol

Martijn Meerts

Just got my Eurobahn Rhein Ruhr Express. A model by Lilliput, made especially for Modellbahn Union (the brand of the owner of JapanModelRailways in Germany). It's a great looking model, and has interior lights built in. Just gave it a quick run, and it seems to run very smoothly as well.

Just got my Eurobahn Rhein Ruhr Express. A model by Lilliput, made especially for Modellbahn Union (the brand of the owner of JapanModelRailways in Germany). It's a great looking model, and has interior lights built in. Just gave it a quick run, and it seems to run very smoothly as well.

Glad to hear a good report, I've ordered the Westfalenbahn version.

I was unfaithful:

Kato MP36PH Chicago Metra Gallery Bi-Level Commuter 4-Unit Train Set

Kato SD80MAC CSX "Dark Future"

some decoders, freight cars, structure kits,...

Loads of goodies for me today. :grin

Brass kits from Aru Model, a few Sankei building kits, some Bandai B train chassis' & trucks and a selection of Kato pantographs and couplers.

Martijn Meerts

My World Kougei Deki 3 should be shipping soon, and I got some mails saying the Morning Daylight car sets are in stock, so they'll be shipped once the Tomytec sake brewery gets released.

Krackel Hopper

HobbySearch just shipped a few things that hopefully get here for the holidays..

B-Train Shorty - Container Train (two ED75s w/ four koki cars)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10156370

Tomytec - Tetsudo Musume Container Collection Vol. 6

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10157076

RapitBunny also just pre-ordered the Tomytec Tetsudo Musume Station Poster Containers.  Very colorful.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10170082

RapitBunny also just pre-ordered the Tomytec Tetsudo Musume Station Poster Containers.  Very colorful.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10170082

nice!

just realized the picture they posted is probably big enough to do a laser rubbon decal from! might have to roll a couple of the color ones for myself!

jeff

My World Kougei Deki 3 should be shipping soon

Got mine still staring at it lol.

To be honest I am about to wrap up my layout to completion. (terrain that is population will come later).

3 weeks till due date for the baby so i "plan" to give the deki ago some time during the wife being asleep at night and the new little one sleeping.  In other words it may not happen for a while.

Back on topic I got some people come today (sitting x 100) and the yamaguchi series 12 cars for my c57 http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10132166 got it on special on HS via sal.

I also got some low melting temp solder 1 for the monorail and i ordered a bunch if 3cm * 1 cm solar panels and some ones 5 * 2cm panels.

The plan was to solar power something on my layout and have button to turn on off. (maybe if the moonorail ever gets going i will solar power that)

I have enough panels to setup on shops and station roofs etc the smaller panel gives 1v 45ma (so if i setup 6 in a line i can get 6v 270 Ma via calcs in my head Max less of course due to indoors light)

The other panels are much higher 90 MA good for larger roofs.

Now that is interesting - A Sydney tram-motor. Something I've had a bit of experience with  :grin

The real tram-motors were 0-4-0s with a 6' wheelbase and 3' diameter coupled wheels. Perhaps something from N-drive productions would suit?

http://www.n-driveproductions.com/

I'm not sure where he got the idea that these steam trams were "early" BLW products - they were built for the Sydney tramway between 1879 and 1891. The two versions he describes as A and B are the motors in their original 2-man crew condition, with headlights on the cab bulkheads, and later 1-man conversion, with the headlights raised to the roof.

Cheers,

Mark.

HS just send me a shipping notice for the following items:

-Kato 10-354 Shinkansen 100系 Grand Hikari (JR West set V9) Basic set

-Kato 10-356 Shinkansen 100系 Grand Hikari 2 car add on set.

the rest of the add ons (355 and another 356) will have to come later this month, when I have some more cash to burn :cool:

Mark, If you have any pics of the originals I would be very interested.

I have way too many to post them all here, but here's a few to be going on with...

6468793435_b38e3576d1_b.jpg

Motor 38 in original 2-man form at Moore Park sidings/Sydney Showgrounds.

6468792819_921d678bfc_b.jpg

Motor 9 after it was sold to the Christchurch tramway in New Zealand.

6468794037_5027bf6e55_b.jpg

Motor 64A and crew pose at Shelly Beach loop, the seaside terminus of the Cronulla line, circa 1932. This line was replaced by an electrified suburban railway.

6468791289_d47b42644a_b.jpg

Motor 6A at Kogarah station, circa 1937. Shortly afterwards, this line was closed and replaced by trolleybuses.

6468790433_43c2efae4b_b.jpg

Sydney Ferries Ltd motor 5A near Redbank Wharf, Parramatta. This privately-owned line ran until 1943, using ex-government tramways steam motors.

6468792105_ba930322fd_z.jpg

Preserved motor 103A at Parramatta Park in 1992. That's me on the front, dressed up in period costume for a special event.

Hope you like these!  :grin

All the best,

Mark.

It saddened me, too, as you can imagine. Not only the loss of various irreplaceable items in the collection, but all of the hard work put in by the members to acquire, restore and operate the trams. Not to mention the bastardry of Parramatta Council afterwards. But it's great to see the motor back in action at Valley Heights. Have you been up there recently?

Cheers,

Mark.

It saddened me, too, as you can imagine. Not only the loss of various irreplaceable items in the collection, but all of the hard work put in by the members to acquire, restore and operate the trams. Not to mention the bastardry of Parramatta Council afterwards. But it's great to see the motor back in action at Valley Heights. Have you been up there recently?

Cheers,

Mark.

mate i lived 23 years of mylife less than 10 minutes from there so yeah  :grin live bit further away now but been there a few times. they have a run this saturday btw http://infobluemountains.net.au/locodepot/tram/ 

ShinCanadaSen

Hi Krackel Hopper,

I got my ED79 & koki's shorties a few weeks ago along with an a and b 500 series shinkansen kit. I love the b-trains but the ED79's are my first locomotives. If it's possible they are even more cute!!!!

Just waiting for a friend to get back from Japan with parts to motorize my 0-series ;) if anyone is interested, I can post some pictures and possibly video.

Kai

Modified to fix interesting iPhone auto correcting.