What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I have ordered some Tomytec small town buildings, figures and cars from my German source. Delivery is expected by the end of the week.

Guest JRF-1935

My Tomix ED61 , 62 arrived last Fri - but what made me the most happiest was the arrival today of the Nagoya Deki 101 and 104 from the Tetsudou #1 collection.  Unbelievable "Mint" condition won on Yahoo Japan Auctions thanks to Bob Pierce of BTTrains. 

Rich C

Received a package from my girlfriend again. This time with kiri-mochi, snacks, a few books for my mother and RM Models 191! :grin

Um, excuse me sir, are these items in N scale?  :cheesy

Received a package from my girlfriend again. This time with kiri-mochi, snacks, a few books for my mother and RM Models 191! :grin

Um, excuse me sir, are these items in N scale?  :cheesy

Depends on weather you see them as material 3d or printed 2d objects. It's either in this topic or in the H0/other scales section. As the contents of the magazine are mainly focussed on N-gauge, I decided to post it here. :grin

Have a small picture of a part of an article about an N-gauge model of Jyômô Dentetsu Ohgo Station as compensation.

post-224-13569928688365_thumb.jpg

Received My new Tomix ED61 and ED62 today

Rich C

they look awesome together huh.

I been using them to pull the 24 series sleeper express and gave em a go on freight. Damn nice models and run smooth as.

Guest JRF-1935

Rich C

I been using them to pull the 24 series sleeper express and gave em a go on freight. Damn nice models and run smooth as.

Yes they do!  Unbeleivable how smooth they run.  I'm gonna use mine for freight.  Did you get the new Tomix ED75?  Got mine in late August, beautiful model and runs smooth and quiet.  The flywheels installed in the new edition engines are a "plus" -

Rich C

Rich C

Yes they do!  Unbeleivable how smooth they run.  I'm gonna use mine for freight.  Did you get the new Tomix ED75?  Got mine in late August, beautiful model and runs smooth and quiet.  The flywheels installed in the new edition engines are a "plus" -

Rich C

no i've stopped buying for quite a long time few preorders left but that it.

Guest JRF-1935

Received yesterday a Kato EH500 won on ebay - a Full 16 car Nozomi 500 Kato set used from Bob Pierce of Bt Trains, excellent set at a very reasonable and affordable price.  Bob shipped on Mon - got on Wed.  

Rich C

Guest JRF-1935

Rich C

Rich C

no i've stopped buying for quite a long time few preorders left but that it.

I'm slowing down also - have the full Tomix Dr Yellow set on preorder and delivery expected in late Dec or early Jan - Have the Tomix Ka-3000, and Tsumu 1000 on preorder for Oct - other than that - just keeping my eye on ebay and Yahoo Japan Auctions for some bargains.  Did just win the Tomix #2210 JNR DE15 Snow Plows for Y1700 from Bob Pierce of Bt Trains.

Rich C

I just ordered the Tomytec 229360 The Car Collection Basic Set E3 - Old and New Commercial Vehicles (3) - (Model Train) N Scale|1/150 The Car Collection which payment just got accepted and will be shipped out today from HSJ.

My order from Rakuten (HOBBY PLAZA BIGMAN), arrived three days ago.

The Kato Rural Station KATO(カトー) [N]ローカル駅舎セット(kato-23-220) and KATO platform extension set KATO(カトー) [N]ローカルホームセット (B)(kato-23-130) have an insane number of pieces to glue....  :confused2:

I also want to paint and weather it, so I'll need a lot of time....

Postman delivered three boxes from HS today: forgot the Ship together option. The new Kawai cement tankers are excellent. It is a new moulding from Kawai. There is a leaflet in the box which hghlights the ladders and brake wheel but I cannot read Japanese. I presume it means these parts are fragile.

The other wagons are the bogie open wagons but these appear to be a variant of the Kato 8017 and the Refrigerator cars for the Allied Forces.

The third box contained the TOMIX Nambu Jukan railbus set which has a recent reissue.

Now awaiting the add on set for the 455/475 when Tomix issue it.

Received as a (somewhat late) birthday pressent about a week ago:

-Kato Shinkansen 0-2000 basic set

just shipped by HS:

-Kato Shinkansen 0-2000/1000 expansion set (got the last one, luckily :) )

-2 sets of Kato 11-703 couplers

-Japan Railfan Sept issue

Verry happy with the 0 series.  :cool:

Bought a gift to myself today. I can't go berserk on trains so I decided to invest in an antiquity: an Agfa Synchro Box camera. It's incredibly beautiful (and small!) and can't wait to put it to use. It was a bit expensive (30€... I think it cost really around 20) but I don't care. Now I just have to get my hands on some 120mm rolls.

I received a note from HS that my Kato Ginza-line train had been delayed until "late September" (from its scheduled "September" release).  I didn't realize crossing the International Date Line changed the month too.  :grin

But, my Greenmax JR West Series 125 cars (which were also "late September") just showed up at HS this morning, and will be winging their way towards me shortly.  One or both (I bought two, motor and trailer) will have a home on the "commuter" line of my little tram layout, depending on whether or not they can navigate an R177 curve coupled (one of my other Greenmax's could, just barely, but if these two can't, a one-car train will still work).  And maybe that will get me working on the tram layout again.

But with that arriving, maybe it is late September in Japan too, and my Ginza line train will show up soon.

Actually, I'm a bit disillusioned about the whole pre-order deal these days.  I pre-ordered about AUD$900 worth of stuff due in September ordered back in June/July.  The Tomix DR Yellow has been delayed until "After December", so I split the order.  The Ginza is delayed now, too.  Exchange rates are volitile.  I can't blame HS for any of this but as I look at my order, all messed up, I can't help but feel disheartened.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Actually, I'm a bit disillusioned about the whole pre-order deal these days.  I pre-ordered about AUD$900 worth of stuff due in September ordered back in June/July.  The Tomix DR Yellow has been delayed until "After December", so I split the order.  The Ginza is delayed now, too.  Exchange rates are volitile.  I can't blame HS for any of this but as I look at my order, all messed up, I can't help but feel disheartened.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I know that feeling as I have got three orders that are on reserved that have been delayed, in which I have got a few orders that are due in October including the Seibu 101 new paint colour scheme.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Ghan

Patience grasshopper, patience...

I've learned patience over the years, especially with preorders. Many don't hit their target dates so I rarely gang up preorders in one order unless the are from the same series of stuff from the same manufacturer. If I do gang up items I definitely ship them sal so that if a small item is broken off it does not cost more than the item to ship it ems. Also rather have a bit of patience and ship sal and have a few bucks for more train stuff!

It's tough to wait, but with many of the japanese train stuff it's a necessary evil to make sure you get items that go oop so quick. Also have to keep an eye on the monies committed to those prepress and yes the change in the exchange rates. Since they usually are in some flux I just always preorder with the expectation that the exchange will be worse and if it gets better by the time the bill comes it's just a bonus.

So just be patient and play with the trains you have and when the preorders show up your patience will be rewarded.

Jeff

Cheers

The_Ghan

Ghan

Patience grasshopper, patience...

I've learned patience over the years, especially with preorders. Many don't hit their target dates so I rarely gang up preorders in one order unless the are from the same series of stuff from the same manufacturer. If I do gang up items I definitely ship them sal so that if a small item is broken off it does not cost more than the item to ship it ems. Also rather have a bit of patience and ship sal and have a few bucks for more train stuff!

It's tough to wait, but with many of the japanese train stuff it's a necessary evil to make sure you get items that go oop so quick. Also have to keep an eye on the monies committed to those prepress and yes the change in the exchange rates. Since they usually are in some flux I just always preorder with the expectation that the exchange will be worse and if it gets better by the time the bill comes it's just a bonus.

So just be patient and play with the trains you have and when the preorders show up your patience will be rewarded.

Jeff

i guess it's a matter of if it had come out a week back i could have got it for 81 jpn yen not 74 the going rate :(

Jeff, I don't think impatience and release date is what he's trying to get at.. I think his main issue is that these pre-orders are ending up costing him way more than he bargained for, mainly due to the rise of the YEN and the decline of AUD.

http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,5301.0.html

I am feeling the same pinch too. Many of my orders were when it was 1 CAD = 80 YEN and now it's down to 74, from a high of 1 CAD to 100 YEN back in 2008.

On another note, the N700-8000 R10 set is out. Just wondering how I pay for this in secret...

i guess it's a matter of if it had come out a week back i could have got it for 81 jpn yen not 74 the going rate :(

yes its not fun, but part of the pre order thing is that the exchange rate may change on you and something to just expect it could most likely be worse when you finally get it and if its better then its a bonus. its something to factor into your budgets as its a variable you really dont have any control over. always that balance with making sure you get something by preordering and being willing to pay the possible premium. in the end we still get some pretty cool things at decent prices even with the horrible exchange rate. the glass is still half full mate! if it were half empty you would be buying euro trains!

cheers

jeff

Jeff, I don't think impatience and release date is what he's trying to get at.. I think his main issue is that these pre-orders are ending up costing him way more than he bargained for, mainly due to the rise of the YEN and the decline of AUD.

http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,5301.0.html

I am feeling the same pinch too. Many of my orders were when it was 1 CAD = 80 YEN and now it's down to 74, from a high of 1 CAD to 100 YEN back in 2008.

On another note, the N700-8000 R10 set is out. Just wondering how I pay for this in secret...

Clem,

yes i do understand, ive watch (and pay for) the exchange rate changes. by patience i also mean it will only drive you crazy if you take the short view on exchange rates, especially if you are no the decline side. take a step back and take the longer view, the rates go up and down with time and eventually you are on the up side of things again for a while. in the end you hope it all evens out. i know in a decade of collecting japanese trains ive gotten the big benefits of favorable rates in the past, so i look at it evening out the scale in the long picture.

i guess i try to focus on the side of being lucky enough to have some money to buy some trains and enjoy them. the failing exchange rate hurts a lot, but i try not to let it get me down, but more try to roll with it and change my buying to fit. some simple things that use to be cheap i would buy, but now they aint so cheap and if i can make or substitute something else i do and focus spending the money on the things that are hard to reproduce else-wise or just limit the purchases. also from my production background i have always run on make sure to have a bit of a contingency fund built into the budget that you can fall on. then if you dont use it reinvest that into future purchases or put it into savings

granted its going to be hard to pay for my n700-8000 rainbow as well, but most of the price ive already put aside so a few bucks will have to come out of the regular train budget now to help make up for the exchange slip, but it will be worth it as its going to be a cool train to have.

cheers

jeff

i paid for a few motors today and the tobu 1700 drc i finally got the one i wanted :D i had to dig really deep for that as the motor was covered on points but the tobu was cash i didn't have and definately should not have bought but if any model i want it's been that one so i couldn't say no...

Anyway back to the yen. This is a real big issue for japan and i'm sure alot of japanese companies are going to be feeling the punch to this as they are already being squeezed as it is.

The govt are going to have to print money if this keeps going regardless if the US have a cry about them doing it. I figure china can manipulate their cash and no one says anything so japan should do the same. It's china playing games with the yen anyway to shake out more of their manufacturing jobs.