What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Claude_Dreyfus

Nothing from my previous list has arrived as yet, however I seem to have added the Kato EF510 Hokutosei and a Tomix EF64-0.

Nothing from my previous list has arrived as yet, however I seem to have added the Kato EF510 Hokutosei and a Tomix EF64-0.

They just sneaked onto your list, did they not? :grin I do know the feeling...

Claude_Dreyfus

They just sneaked onto your list, did they not? :grin I do know the feeling...

That's the problem with the stuff on my waiting list...the longer it takes for things to be released so the longer the list gets!

After reading Marti's post on Code 55 track and Peco, (it's hard it is to get Peco flex track in the US and if you can it's expensive) I came across a really good deal on 25 pieces of Peco Code 80 flex track and couldn't resist. 

Claude_Dreyfus

After reading Marti's post on Code 55 track and Peco, (it's hard it is to get Peco flex track in the US and if you can it's expensive) I came across a really good deal on 25 pieces of Peco Code 80 flex track and couldn't resist. 

Have you tried ordering it from the UK? A number of shops do ship out to the US, including the likes of Gaugemaster who, although are not necessarily cheap, don't seem to charge the earth for shipping...

A book:

Its a very good book. Lots of maps, history and data, but a little dated now. There two other volumes. One of the best investments I ever made.

Its a very good book. Lots of maps, history and data, but a little dated now. There two other volumes. One of the best investments I ever made.

Glad to hear it's a good one. I got it for under $5 on eBay, but the only other one I've found so far is a copy of v.2 for $39, which is a bit steep!

Have you tried ordering it from the UK? A number of shops do ship out to the US, including the likes of Gaugemaster who, although are not necessarily cheap, don't seem to charge the earth for shipping...

Claude - Here is my dilemma, Peco track in the US is almost twice the price of Altas, even though the sections are longer and you get 5 more pieces in a bundle. Here is one example.

Atlas Flex track

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/product_p/atl-2500-20.htm

Peco Flex track

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/pco/pco1709.htm?source=froogle

I prefer Peco over Altas, so I wait for closeout sales at LHS and sometimes I get it for about the same as the Atlas track.  :happy4:

Glad to hear it's a good one. I got it for under $5 on eBay, but the only other one I've found so far is a copy of v.2 for $39, which is a bit steep!

I second Bill's comments about these books, they are indispensible to me. Also worth having is the companion volume by the same authors, "Japan By Rail". I bought my copy of Volume 2 for about AUD$10, so I'm sure you can pick it up for less than $39.

All the best,

Mark.

#$@! you Scott, Bill and Mark, i had an amazon gift certificate sitting there and it got sucked into getting a copy of the book!

thanks anyway! now im waiting as well.

cheers

jeff

LOL! Don't blame us for your lack of self-control!

Seriously Jeff, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

But Jeff its such a great book!  I paid at least $40 Cdn. at the time, but I had no way of knowing how many or how few were out there.  I did some data sheets on all the active tram systems earlier this year and I was surprised how little some of the data has changed.  Running times in particular seem not to have changed much.  But in volume 1 you will find some systems that are sadly no longer with us.

Perhaps we should start up a separate thread listing the railroad books we have in our collections?  :grin

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 2

Capital idea mark! make sure to include ibsn numbers, lots faster finding books via them!

cheers

jeff

Perhaps we should start up a separate thread listing the railroad books we have in our collections?  :grin

Cheers,

Mark.

LOL! Don't blame us for your lack of self-control!

Seriously Jeff, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Cheers,

Mark.

hey who can have any self control with pushers like you all here!

thanks it did look interesting as soon as scott posted it.

cheers

jeff

Capital idea mark! make sure to include ibsn numbers, lots faster finding books via them!

I'm leaving soon to meet my aunt at the airport, but when I get a chance this evening I'll make a start on a list. Thanks for suggesting ISBNs, good idea!

Cheers,

Mark.

Okay, this arrived the other day.  I don't remember it as being assembled, I thought it would be a kit! Oh well....it's gonna take some work...

P1130208.jpg