What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Using up my HS points windfall.

Tomix 4062 Seven Eleven convenience store

Tomix 3077 Single Track Overhead Mast

Tomix 1046 Slabrail S140SL

Tomix 3083 Walls for Wide Tracks C354/C317

Railway Journal #523

Tomix 92263 EF210 Container Train

May 2010 DJ

My waylay-ed Tomix 2163 EF66 and Tomix 0853 head marks finally arrived today.

And out of my tax refund:

Micro Ace A1070 Series 371 Asgiri 7 car Limited Express

That should do me for several months, but I have pre-orders due April, May, June and July, mainly small Tomytec stuff.

I'm waiting on two items, a tram and a luggage van...

tw-mtr01_h.jpg

10105712a3.jpg

I was planning to convert the tram to an Enoden 600 series car, but I see that there will be a kit for these released soon...  :cheesy

Cheers,

Mark.

I'm waiting for two MicroAce ED17 being shipped in about two weeks to me. I've bought the 2002 version (ED17-19) and the 2010 version (ED17-2 • 4), so I'm curious if there are any differences between the two of 'em. 8-years of development or 8 years of continuity? They'll serve the purpose of hauling light freight trains.

Also, next week I'll receive the Enoden trains I asked for from a friend. :9 It will be celebrated with extensive test-runs and beer.

I'm waiting for two MicroAce ED17 being shipped in about two weeks to me. I've bought the 2002 version (ED17-19) and the 2010 version (ED17-2 • 4), so I'm curious if there are any differences between the two of 'em. 8-years of development or 8 years of continuity? They'll serve the purpose of hauling light freight trains.

believe me, nothing, only 15-20% higher price and LED light but I'm not 100% sure (that's the policy for all the last re-release from Microace and sincerly don't like me...)

ciao

Massimo

believe me, nothing, only 15-20% higher price and LED light but I'm not 100% sure (that's the policy for all the last re-release from Microace and sincerly don't like me...)

I've tried tracking it down a few times in English and Japanese, but I can't find a stated minimum radius for this specific model. I've wanted to order it since it was reissued, and I'm getting afraid that it will be sold out by the time I get to it. My hang up is that I'd really like to run it on Tomix's 177mm (7") curve track, but have no way of knowing if it will do that (it looks like it would be ideal for small curves, but my experience with the 9600 running just fine on tight curves while the shorter C11 wants to derail tells me I shouldn't assume these things).

I'm curious if there are any differences between the two of 'em. 8-years of development or 8 years of continuity?

Hmm... Ah well, I was looking for electric locos and found these two on auction, so I decided on buying them. I hope they are good runners.

I've tried tracking it down a few times in English and Japanese, but I can't find a stated minimum radius for this specific model. I've wanted to order it since it was reissued, and I'm getting afraid that it will be sold out by the time I get to it. My hang up is that I'd really like to run it on Tomix's 177mm (7") curve track, but have no way of knowing if it will do that (it looks like it would be ideal for small curves, but my experience with the 9600 running just fine on tight curves while the shorter C11 wants to derail tells me I shouldn't assume these things).

Ah yes, I'm going to use them on 140mm and 177mm curves, so I'll let everybody know when I have 'em in. I expect they do as my old and battered Kato ED75 runs fine over these curves, whereas my new Enoden 1000 Series screams through these curves. I guess this has something to do with the drive-line not being made for negating these tight curves. Then again... MicroAce tends to do strange things from time to time, though I don't expect this with the ED17s.

This may help you. Two pages of what works on C140 and C177 curves.

http://joshinweb.jp/hobby/minirail1.html?ACK=TOKU

http://joshinweb.jp/hobby/minirail2.html?ACK=TOKU

• Like 1

Finally! I just "won" a Tomix 6-car 583 Kitaguni set on eBay--it'll be nice to have a model of one of my favorite Japanese trains. Sounds like it might have a little motor issue (running OK, but "noisier" in one direction) , but what else is new?

Finally! I just "won" a Tomix 6-car 583 Kitaguni set on eBay--it'll be nice to have a model of one of my favorite Japanese trains. Sounds like it might have a little motor issue (running OK, but "noisier" in one direction) , but what else is new?

Scott,

you are going to like this train! they have a nice muscly look to them, but still streamline!

cheers

jeff

you are going to like this train! they have a nice muscly look to them, but still streamline!

Yeah, they have an interesting look, and the switchable accommodations are really interesting. This model will have to do until I can ride the real thing. :-)

Yay received my Tomix 300 series over the weekend. Nice looking train but too bad Tomix reused as much as possible from 18 years ago.  :grin (I can't believe that's how long it's been). Awesome runner and finally a prototypically correct 16 car train. Now to find the rest of the cars so I can complete the old 300 series. Anyone selling? Only need 4 more cars!

Yay received my Tomix 300 series over the weekend. Nice looking train but too bad Tomix reused as much as possible from 18 years ago.  :grin (I can't believe that's how long it's been). Awesome runner and finally a prototypically correct 16 car train. Now to find the rest of the cars so I can complete the old 300 series. Anyone selling? Only need 4 more cars!

yes, is not so bad, I received mine the past week

I think is not so simple to find the old add cars (sometime on Yahoo around 2000-3000JPY each) but good luck!

(315 or 325?)

ciao

Massimo

Well, my thing arrived. I couldn't pass it up for half price, but now I have to figure out what to do with it.  :grin If I make single railcar, I'll also have to figure out some lights.

post-151-13569924609401_thumb.jpg

I think is not so simple to find the old add cars (sometime on Yahoo around 2000-3000JPY each) but good luck!

(315 or 325?)

I already have the 7 car set + 3 car set + 2 x 315, so all I need are 4 x 325, at least 1 being powered. There's one powered one on eBay right now for $70 shipped, which is just a little more than I am willing to pay. I'll bet there's gotta be tons floating around Japan.  :cheesy

robrodgers2000

I am brand new to the hobby, and to the forum.  :)

I just ordered my first trains that I have bought for myself, I have a Kato 500 series Nozomi my brother bought for me as a gift.

I am now waiting for:

1 x EF65-1000 Powered Series 24 Blue Train 4 Car Set (Kato 10-015) 

1 x Series 113 Shonan Electric Train 4-Car Set, Powered (Kato 10-808)

I bought them from Banzai Hobby.  Leap of faith, I hope they are a good outfit.

Rob

(315 or 325?)

I already have the 7 car set + 3 car set + 2 x 315, so all I need are 4 x 325, at least 1 being powered. There's one powered one on eBay right now for $70 shipped, which is just a little more than I am willing to pay. I'll bet there's gotta be tons floating around Japan.  :cheesy

if you wanna try...

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d106377903

(after you can resell the cars you don't need)

ciao

Massimo

CaptOblivious

Welcome, Rob! Once you get your items, you'll have to post your impressions of the dealer. They have a number of things in stock at reasonable prices that I'd like to own…

I am brand new to the hobby, and to the forum.  :)

I just ordered my first trains that I have bought for myself, I have a Kato 500 series Nozomi my brother bought for me as a gift.

I am now waiting for:

1 x EF65-1000 Powered Series 24 Blue Train 4 Car Set (Kato 10-015) 

1 x Series 113 Shonan Electric Train 4-Car Set, Powered (Kato 10-808)

Rob

Yes, please post your experience once you receive it. They where posted as a dealer a while ago and seem to have a lot of older not-in-production items which sparks my interest but makes me concerned about how they have things others don't (except NewHallStation of course, who have items priced so high they will remain in inventory until the end of time). In addition to whether they shipped promptly, I'd be interested in the condition of the original packaging - will it be crisp, or have bent edges and small tears from years on a store shelf, or will there be signs that it's a used item.

Hi all, I am new here, found the site this past weekend.  I been into Japenase Rail for 4 years now..  I usually play it and into it once awhile.  I am just back and realize so many new things has been introduced so I got this from HW since they have it in stock!  Can't wait...

10100316p.jpg

I also ordered so many additional structure and stuff from Plaza Japan on ebay.  EMS delivery too...  I spend over $550 on these now..

Description Unit price Qty Amount

Park & Parking Lot Set - Kato 23-418

Item# 360251175988 $21.80 USD 1 $21.80 USD

Car Dealer A - Tomytec (1/150 N scale)

Item# 360249962400 $15.80 USD 1 $15.80 USD

6 Floor Office Building (Ivory) - Kato 23-435A

Item# 360200308237 $23.80 USD 1 $23.80 USD

Bus and Taxi Stops - Kato 23-216

Item# 200447779983 $8.80 USD 1 $8.80 USD

N scale Scenery Roadside Trees 1 - Kato 24-076

Item# 200440042232 $10.80 USD 1 $10.80 USD

LED Lighting Kit B for structures-Tomytec 1/150 N scale

Item# 120553434804 $10.80 USD 1 $10.80 USD

6 Floor Department Store (Blue) - Kato 23-433A

Item# 120500708753 $27.80 USD 1 $27.80 USD

Suburban Station Area Set - Kato 23-417

Item# 120488455483 $28.80 USD 1 $28.80 USD

Subtotal $148.40 USD

Shipping and handling $40.80 USD

Insurance - not offered ----

Total $189.20 USD

Claude_Dreyfus

Getting excited  :blob7:

Have had the dispatch notification from Hobby Search for the new Narita Express as well word from the States that my order for two more T gauge KiHa 40s is also on its way...  :cool:

Recent arrivals:

MicroAce Series 371 Asagiri

Tomix EF66 and head marks

Tomix EF210 container train set

DJ The Railroad Diagram Magazine

Tomix Seven-Eleven store

Tomix steel-frame single track overhead mast

Tomix wide track walls

S140-SL slabtrack

Railway Journal

Still pending:

N 2010 June

Modemo NT13 Nagoya Railway 510 Scarlet color

Tomix C243-45 and C280-45 track

Tomix S280 x 10

and more track items for the new train layout....

I guess that's it until after Golden Week.