What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Claude_Dreyfus

The first of my orders from my previously mentioned ebay gains has been placed with HS. Have the two intermediate sets for the series 500 Shinkansen ordered and on their way. That's another Bullet set completed  :grin

My first Japan Auction Centre order shipped just today. Containing two MicorAce ED17s (both versions) and two Tomytec station buildings + extra platforms. I had it send without invoice, so I hope it doesn't get caugt by customs. Otherwise, I'm forced in the future to order via friends in Japan and have it send as a gift... But first, let's wait for the Euro to crawl back up again.

disturbman

If only, if only... does this "gift" thing works to avoid paying custom taxes? I really need to unload some items by sending them to myself, my luggages are so packed right now.

Popondetta came through--so now I'm waiting for a 6-car Kato "Panorama Express Alps" set.

May 19

15:45 Arrival at inward office of exchange   AMC JFK NY UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

<tappity tappity tappity>  :grin

If only, if only... does this "gift" thing works to avoid paying custom taxes? I really need to unload some items by sending them to myself, my luggages are so packed right now.

I don't know. It's an experiment every time I guess. :laugh:

Ordered another Modemo Enoden 1000 (Debut) Series (now owning 3 of 'em; there are however only 2 sets in existence, but I don't care. I like the 1000 Series too much). Next to that some Greenmax simple shops and houses kits (33 and 34) and two Kato cabooses. That'll be probably the last things I'll order for a while now... Summer is here! :cool:

P.s. awaiting my first package from JAC next Thursday! I hope it isn't caught by the Bonn customs again...

Claude_Dreyfus

Taken delivery of my 500 series bullet add-ons...another one complete  :grin

Now further spending my ebay gains on a complete Kato Yamanote line E231...

Claude_Dreyfus

Long awaited.. finally released..

A combination of two things I love.. Japanese Trains and Coca-Cola..

4543736923909.jpg

HobbySearch has some images of the model here:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10108750

Very nice indeed...wonder if anyone else has these available?

Jon,

i almost pulled the trigger on this as well when i saw it, but then felt it was too american until i noticed the "I Feel Coke"! My dyslexia makes me read through things like that and i put it into my brain as the english "I feel like a coke"! that made it japanese again for me and the index finger muscle fired!

It is very interesting with the coke right next to the JR logo!

cheers

jeff

Shoot, I didn't realize it was coming out so fast. Now HS shows sold out (and I just recieved a big order from HS so it's not really in my window to order anything for another month...)  :crybaby2:

Shoot, I didn't realize it was coming out so fast. Now HS shows sold out (and I just recieved a big order from HS so it's not really in my window to order anything for another month...)   :crybaby2:

Go on the waiting list.  New items that sell out on initial arrival on the market are usually restocked with a couple of weeks, sometimes much sooner.

Shoot, I didn't realize it was coming out so fast. Now HS shows sold out (and I just recieved a big order from HS so it's not really in my window to order anything for another month...)   :crybaby2:

Go on the waiting list.  New items that sell out on initial arrival on the market are usually restocked with a couple of weeks, sometimes much sooner.

Popendetta has six of them in stock, same price as HS (once you take off the tax)

http://www.popondetta.jp/asp/cgi-bin/shop.php?forward=gds_inf&back_screen=gds_srh&stock_no=571E0101G1900685

just have to pay ems shipping, but when you have to have a coke train that should not be a problem if coke has habituated you well enough over your lifetime.

you have to realize there are few products in our lives that we all have grown up with exposed to constantly (advertising, logo, and the drink) like that! pretty amazing when you think about it and its just flavored sugar water... personally im more of a 10-2-4 man...

cheers

jeff

Now going to the customs to pick up my packet from JAC. Let's see if I have to pay any taxes... :lipssealed: The other one is also underway...

ooooh the shipping notice just came on my Series 205-3100 Senseki Line Mangattan Liner II (4-Car Set)! i am really happy i ordered this one now that you can see picts of the whole cars, quite fun! almost tempting to get a second set its so lively! coming sal so it will be a couple of weeks. patience grasshopper, patience...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10110217

cheers

jeff

Give the pretty lady at customs a smile, ask an unexpected question, give her a fake bill and walk away with only having to pay €7,03 of import tax money :grin

Two MicroAce ED17 and two TomyTec stations now glorify my room to the next level. Of the two ED17, one rand pretty poor, but after cleaning some electrical pick-up-points it runs like new. I guess that's the problem with MicroAce trains: primitive electrical pick-up next to greased plastic/messing sprockets... Not really in coherence with the fine detailing IMO.

disturbman

Well, I'm getting to delivered to my place. Today I have height hours of TGV and ICE to go from Paris to Berlin and then I will have to wait for my huge package of seven train sets I post to myself before leaving Osaka. I wonder if I will have to pay any taxes on those since they are labelled personal material/gift on the EMS paper.

harukablue

hw now has one in stock

http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/TOX92390.aspx

I dont know if the same rules still apply but in the 1980's I worked in a large hobby store here in the UK that used to import special models from all over the world both railway and die cast models.

We imported a batch of small Lledo coke models made for the US market and we as staff were told not to record them in the shops stock as coke just as cc as they were illegal in the UK as the were not official Coke UK poducts and we could get in serious trouble importing or selling them!!

Lew