What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

robrodgers2000

I am now waiting for:

1 x EF65-1000 Powered Series 24 Blue Train 4 Car Set (Kato 10-015) 

1 x Series 113 Shonan Electric Train 4-Car Set, Powered (Kato 10-808)

I bought them from Banzai Hobby.  Leap of faith, I hope they are a good outfit.

I guess I'm still waiting.  One of the options they give you is if the items are not in stock, they will give you an immediate refund.  I just received a full refund.  Oh well, I guess I will try a different store.

Live and learn,

Rob

CaptOblivious

I wondered: It looked like they had Kato's entire back catalog listed as in stock, which is generally not true at all. But I was hoping!

Too bad! Sorry it didn't work out, but at least they didn't stiff you!

I am now waiting for:

1 x EF65-1000 Powered Series 24 Blue Train 4 Car Set (Kato 10-015) 

1 x Series 113 Shonan Electric Train 4-Car Set, Powered (Kato 10-808)

I bought them from Banzai Hobby.  Leap of faith, I hope they are a good outfit.

I guess I'm still waiting.  One of the options they give you is if the items are not in stock, they will give you an immediate refund.  I just received a full refund.  Oh well, I guess I will try a different store.

Live and learn,

Rob

I wondered: It looked like they had Kato's entire back catalog listed as in stock, which is generally not true at all. But I was hoping!

I had exactly the same thoughts. It's really too bad as I would have loved to pickup a few items. Though the C62 Tsubame sets are coming back this summer! (and if you visit the Kobe custom shop they already have a C62 Tsubame edition with DCC and a lit firebox in the same vein as the Kobe Mikado. I wonder how hard it is for evil no good foreigners to buy directly from Kato Japan?)

Thank you for shopping at HW JAPAN.

OrderNo:XXXXXX

KAT2010043005 Series E127-0 Nigata 2-Car Set(Pre-order) X 1

KAT2010043006 Series 115-1000 Nigata 3-Car Set(Pre-order) X 1

And thanks to Kato for releasing two of the three trains I most wanted at reasonable prices. :-)

robrodgers2000

Hi,

OK, trying again, this time with a more reliable source:

HobbySearch:

10-189 Series 455 Green Liner (3-Car Set) (Model Train) Kato N Scale|1/150 Electric Car (Express)

10-463 Series 115 Minobu Line Color (4-Car Set) #Limited Model (Model Train) Kato N Scale|1/150 Electric Car

Going off on a business trip.  Hope to find them at home when I get back :)

Rob

Going off on a business trip.  Hope to find them at home when I get back :)

That might happen normally, but Japan has just gone into Golden Week and nothing happens until May 6th at the earliest.  And then you can expect order backlogs.  

There's are thread on Golden Week closures.   http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,2812.0.html

Don't worry, your order will come, but a little bit slower than usual.  This happens every year at this time.

10-189 Series 455 Green Liner (3-Car Set) (Model Train) Kato N Scale|1/150 Electric Car (Express)

That's a nice one--I got one from Rainbow Ten recently.

Just reserved four of these:

Beautiful model of a beautiful car.

Link to the product page? My first instinct is to think that's HO from the couplers and detail...but I have seen N with that level of detail, and from the photo the pantograph looks more N then HO (maybe a bad angle?).

robrodgers2000

I just received...

10029092.jpg

and

10019949.jpg

I must say I am very impressed with Hobby Search.  From order to delivery in Los Angeles in 5 days.  Now I'm waiting for tracks from eBay and Internet Trains...

Rob

• Like 1
bill937ca

3 Tomix 1271 PR541-15 electric switches

5 Tomix 1215 PR541-15 manual switches

1 Tomix 1272 PL541-15 electric switch

4 Tomix 1522 70-90mm Extend-able Track

Tomix Wide Tram Rail pre-order.

S70 x 1

S140 x 5

C103 x 2

C140 x 7

jappomania

just received today the invoice about Microace C55 (normal and streamline), both Izukyu 2100 (black and white), and NEX259 and some Kato re-released tank wagon... (shipping at the end of this month, maybe in the meantime more pre-ordered train are released ...)

ciao

Massimo

Got my stuff this Monday!! Both Plaza Japan (Buildings and Stuff) and HW (UniTram Kit) on the same day!!

So happy! 

post-327-13569924785818_thumb.jpg

post-327-13569924786279_thumb.jpg

post-327-13569924786641_thumb.jpg

post-327-13569924789171_thumb.jpg

I just sent HS a big order, now comes the hard part, waiting (well, paying the credit card bill won't be easy either):

Kato Series 500 8-car expansion (for my existing 8-car train) (10-512)

Kato Yamanote E231-500 (all 11 cars; 10-578,579,580)

Kato EH200 "Blue Thunder" (what? I like freight too) (3045)

A bunch of green TAKI tank cars (Kato and Kawai)

and some miscellaneous small stuff.

Kato EH200 "Blue Thunder" (what? I like freight too) (3045)

I have the Blue Thunder - In my admittedly somewhat limited experience, it seems to be a very nice unit. I don't have any cars for it though - I bought it to annoy a friend of mine who's nickname *is* Blue Thunder. He hates trains, but I'm fond of it. :) I'm considering using it to pull some nice passenger cars.

I'm also waiting on a lit E231 Suburban 5-car set (Kato 10-473) from eBay/forum member, Casco Fences from HLJ, and the Kato Viaduct station from Plazajapan.

I've recently lost my mind completely.  I've told the missus that I'm stockpiling so that if (when) I become unemployed I'll have trains stashed for gifts until he turns 21.....

Kato E531 Joban  http://www.katomodels.com/product/nmi/e531kei_jyoban_e.shtml (with the extra cars)

Kato E4 Max  http://www.katomodels.com/product/nmi/e4kei_max_e.shtml

Kato E259 Narita Airport Express  http://www.katomodels.com/product/nmi/e259kei_e.shtml

From the latest N-Scale Collector's Club auction at incredible prices....

Kato BNSF SD70MAC Executive  http://www.katousa.com/N/SD70MAC/BNSF-E.jpg

Atlas GMTX Leasing GP38  http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/NLocomotives/ngp3840/90406/49862TQ.jpg

Atlas Cotton Belt Bloody Nose Dash 8-40B  http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/NLocomotives/ndash8/48722.gif

Atlas CSX MOW U23B  http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOLocomotives/hou23b/8273.jpg

And lastly, Nik & I thought these might be fun for the new layout we're starting.  Not sure exactly what we'll do with them, but they did look cool

http://cgi.ebay.com/Japanese-Street-Stall-Tomytec-1-150-scale-N-scale-/360261523352?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item53e1429798

Now that I type this in, I realize I'm a dead man when the missus finds out......

* A bunch of colored lichen - I'm itching to get some vegetation on the layout

* Some extra Kato wiring bits so I can re-wire the point-to-point line so the power can get to the new siding

* Some 11" Unitrack curves, purely for experimental purposes, you understand--not at all for a possible new layout

Claude_Dreyfus

Not so much waiting to be delivered, but I currently have a ton of UK outline stuff on ebay; all due to finish this weekend. All it's doing is taking up space and funds for more Japanese stuff  :grin

If all goes well, a couple of hundred pounds, at least, will be heading across to the far east in exchange for lots of exciting stuff in a week or so!

Popondetta came through--so now I'm waiting for a 6-car Kato "Panorama Express Alps" set. Not a bad deal for ¥5600. :-)

800px-JNR_panoramaexpress_alps.jpg

The last thing I "needed" for my Japanese layout idea was a "joyful train," and this should do nicely.

I just sent HS a big order, now comes the hard part, waiting...

Or maybe not. I think this is a record.  I ordered this late Wednesday (early Thursday Japan time). I received the shipping confirmation early Friday morning (late-night Friday Japan time, apparently they're shipping at 10:30 PM).  The package arrived (outside Boston, US) mid-day Monday, nearly halfway around the globe.  Just under five days from order to receipt, and barely over three full days of EMS/customs.  HS has been fast before, but never quite this fast. Wow.

I'm pretty impressed with Hobby Search.  I've placed more than a half-dozen orders with them over the last nine months or so, and they've been consistently accurate (I think I had two things, out of dozens, that turned out to be "stock out" when the web page said they had them) and fast. And the packages are seriously well padded with paper and bubble-wrap (which is good, as I've received some that someone apparently hit with an icepick, without damaging the contents).

The only problem is that I was expecting this later in the week, and it's really distracting me from other things I should be doing. That's a problem I can live with.  :grin