What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

689 Series? Never heard of it.

The 383 is made by Kato and Microace. It's a very sexy looking train. It runs between Nagoya/Osaka and Nagano.

689 Series? Never heard of it.

The 383 is make by Kato and Microace. It's a very sexy looking train. It runs between Nagoya/Osaka and Nagano.

Ooops I meant to say the Series 683 :grin. I have looked up the Series 383 and yes that is one sporty looking unit and it looks very similar to the Kiha 85 as I think the carbody on both units are mostly the same. I will be getting this in the summer.

True, they look quite alike. This is the JR Central touch and they both are labelled as "wide view". But I like the nose of the 383 better. Actually, the 383 reminds me a lot the 283 Series "Ocean Arrow".

Tomix 140 curves,Tomix crossing/re-railer,

Several buildings and trackside accessories.

Bandai Shorty - just to see what they are like - will get Kato running gear after the next payday

Right, my roster now stands at the MicroAce Series 103 Osaka Loop Line and the Kato Series 787 to come from Plaza Japan (via eBay) as my Roco Panzer wagon for my army train and my Farish Class 47535 have arrived safe and sound :grin.

The Hobby Search sale got me again: I'm now waiting on a a Microace Fresh Hitachi E653, a pair of Tomix Rail Cleaning cars and a bunch of small stuff (road signs, train crew figures, etc).

I should mention that CaptOblivious's review was one of the things that fired my interest in this train. Despite the model's flaws, the distinctive and modern appearance spoke to me. I'd been thinking about it as one of my next trains for a couple of months now. The sale just pushed my timeline up a bit.

CaptOblivious

The Hobby Search sale got me again: I'm now waiting on a a Microace Fresh Hitachi E653, a pair of Tomix Rail Cleaning cars and a bunch of small stuff (road signs, train crew figures, etc).

I should mention that CaptOblivious's review was one of the things that fired my interest in this train. Despite the model's flaws, the distinctive and modern appearance spoke to me. I'd been thinking about it as one of my next trains for a couple of months now. The sale just pushed my timeline up a bit.

:D

My Greenmax Tokyu 5050 add-on and Modemo Odakyu Electric Railway RSE 20000 arrived by SAL from HWJ today.

The Hobby Search sale got me again:

I weakened too,  I've added three Modemo items from HS.  A NT99 Toyohashi 3502 advertising paint scheme and the three car Meitetsu 600v 512-513-514 set which shipped yesteryear and today respectively. With the points from those, the 20% off and SAL shipping I added a NT102 Tosa Electric trailer to go with my two NT101 Tosa Electric motor cars. With items reserved I should be set until summer...I hope.

My Osaka Loop Line Series 103 came today! :grin. I will do a video presentation of it on my layout thread under "Personal Projects" so I will let you know when its up and running.

Damn! My 789-1000 still didn't show up. It's been now 24 days and I'm still waiting for it. I'm starting to get nervous. Usually SAL packages show up in three weeks and the last one was here in less than two. Hope it didn't get lost. I'm starting to have the feeling that my most recents purchases will arrive before it.

Now that I got my 0 series bullet I've settled on either a Chuo or Keihin-Tohoku E233 for my next addition! I asked HWJ to see if they can get either one at this time, and agreed with them that they let me know which one they can get from their distributor - or if they should be able to get both, I can choose which of the two I prefer :cheesy .

Damn! My 789-1000 still didn't show up. It's been now 24 days and I'm still waiting for it. I'm starting to get nervous. Usually SAL packages show up in three weeks and the last one was here in less than two. Hope it didn't get lost. I'm starting to have the feeling that my most recents purchases will arrive before it.

Got it, this morning. It was searched. The seals were allready opened. And I concur Massimo's statement, this train is gorgeous and unbelievably sleek. Compared to it, my Series 781 and 485 looks so outdated.

I also noticed that MicroAce changed it's packaging. The carboard is quite different than before (it is now blue) and the plastic case is also a newer model. Saddly they also stopped adding a train front stickers on the side of the box. Too bad, I really loved that feature. :(

The motor is also quieter has the one you can find in the older sets. It runs quite good but it needs more power to get started. The slow runing capabilities are somewhat less smooth than before. At lower voltage, the train stuters a bit.

I think I'll do a more complete (and illustrated review) of this train later.

I am still awaiting my Series 787 from Parcel Force! The website status says "Out for Delivery" but nothing has been confirmed and its said this since friday ???.

Claude_Dreyfus

I am still awaiting my Series 787 from Parcel Force! The website status says "Out for Delivery" but nothing has been confirmed and its said this since friday ???.

I have had this before.

An item was shown as being 'out for delivery' for a couple of days before I chased to find out what the problem was. It turned out that it had been held at customs although had made its way to the delivery depot, was being held until I paid the VAT and handling fees.

Unsuprisingly I was far from impressed, not because of the charges (although a £13.00 handling charge is utter daylight robbery for a parcel I have already paid vast sums for P&P), but because they hadn't bothered to set the correct status, causing all manny of panic and heartache trying to locate a £300.00+ parcel  :cussing:. A very strong complaint followed...

Do check with Parcelforce to confirm, as there is the nasty risk that it might have gone to the wrong address, or they cannot locate your address. If it is still sitting around their depot awaiting the charges; kick their a**e!

On follow up to my earlier post, my parcel arrived to me this afternoon. Which was a relief as I was starting to get concerned of its wherabouts but thankfully its now safely arrived at its destination after 8 days of transit including its 2 days kip at Heathrow! :grin. I will post pics of the beast later when I have unpacked the unit! :cheesy.

Claude_Dreyfus: Thanks for the information and advice about what to do if this happens again. I will bear this in mind if Parcel Force hold a package of mine for longer than a week :grin.

Cheers

Ash

One of these. I have an old Tenshodo brass model of the original series DD13, so I thought it would be nice to have a companion for it.  :grin

10097707a2.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

Microace 789-1000 (it's really beautifull!)

Now, you are making me jealous! I'm starting to grow restless... I hope it will soon be here.

Same here--except I somehow missed the pre-order on these (but maybe that was a good thing....).

Anyway--Massimo--could you post some pictures?

so... after 5 months I recive back my old Nikon D100 from assistance center, now I can post all the photos  :cheesy

http://picasaweb.google.com/massimo.biolcati/7891000#

I like...

upper chassis paint, smooth and regular run

don't like me...

lower chassis unpainted and very "plastic", insulator and particular around panto (the same plastic like lower chassis)

, optional kinematic couplers, train box (notthing like Kato)

I'm sure the future Kato NEX 259 is better at lower price...(all the last Microace release are 15-20% much expensive compared with the past, the quality is improved but not 15-20% better)

ciao

Massimo

One of these
That is amazing!  I'm new to N scale and still cannot get over the quality !! 

That's a H0 model though. Would be nice to have a DD13 re-release though from either KATO or MicroAce. :cool: