What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

A Kato 800 Series Tsubame, and some pieces to finish up my suburban plate station and extend the platform length to 1488mm, long enough to handle JR East's Tokyo commuter trains (11 car Yamanote, 10 car Jyobans, 10 car 103, 205 or 209 of some line) that I have or am planning to get.

Right now two Kato City type station platforms with another two platform extensions for same to go with my city station and extension.

I went with what I needed rather than what I want :)

I'm waiting for delivery of two Series 50000 Rapi:t's (Nankai Railways). Scored them on ebay!

Those two Rapi:t's arrived a few days ago in perfect condition. The engines are very smooth. And with the strong swiss franc they are bargain.

placed some orders in the last few days:

MICRO ACE E653 Fresh Hitachi in Red (Hobby World)

I received the vermilon version and I'm very happy with it. Should look good if I run them coupled together

TOMIX Series 923 Dr. Yellow Shinkansen (ebay)

Way too expensive but nevermind

TOMIX Series N700-3000 Shinkansen (Hobby World)

I have the Kato version but I want to find out about that power pick up on all wheels

TOMIX Series 300 Shinkasen (Hobby Search)

Gladly Tomix does a re-run (and re-tooled I hope)

CaptOblivious

Just ordered some Pla-Rail for my daughter! She shows so much interest in trains (when she sees one, she points and cries out "gou-kou!"; she often spots them in the distance before I do), and especially the wooden train sets in the toy store, that I couldn't help but buy her some. I got her these two:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10083478

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10048729

Just ordered some Pla-Rail for my daughter! She shows so much interest in trains (when she sees one, she points and cries out "gou-kou!"; she often spots them in the distance before I do), and especially the wooden train sets in the toy store, that I couldn't help but buy her some. I got her these two:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10083478

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10048729

She sounds like one of us! can i come over and play with her trains with her?! its sooo much fun to play with kids and toys, especially toys! i spent a couple of hours with a friends 9 year old girl a few weeks ago playing with t gauge. she picked it up right away and went crazy. she built a loop meandering all over the place on the dining room tables and set up a few little towns, a park, etc and had a grand time. i wandered off to talk to her mom for an hour after spending an hour or so with her and came back and she was still going to town with them! she is going to sweden with us so im going to pack the t gauge to bring out when its a cranky afternoon. amazing that you can just pack a whole train set up in a very small box. almost tempted to do it in carry on and play with it on the inflight table! now that would draw some odd looks! its no wonder my wife says she has a husband and a 9 year old but lives with one person...

cheers

jeff

Dammit. Ordered another expensive batch of Tomix Fine Track and two coaches from HW. That's the last thing I'll order online for now. Maybe a Japanese friend can bring back some interesting stuff in March, but that's of later 'concern'. :grin Well, at least I can now make a double loop when all the stuff arrives...

I thought I'd missed the rerelease of the Koki 106 yesterday. Came into work this morning to find it available at Hobby Search, so they just got lucky.

5 Koki 106 sets (10 cars)

Casco case for Koki as reviewed by Akihabara Station

EF210-100

E531 and E231 Joban 4 car add on sets (to complete both 10 car formations)

A few containers that ModelTrainStuff doesn't have

I'll end up ordering from ModelTrainStuff sometime now. Probably an extra Kato controller and some of the Tomix containers they have. A Kato CP AC4400CW is calling to me, but I've already spent more then enough.

The first order of three came in today. Had to pay the mailman €18,44 for the customs... Free-trade my ass... Now stacking up lots of change for the next two deliveries. :sad:

Ah well, new tracks, switches etc. I'm now drowning in 280mm straights :laugh:

Well, at least I can now make a double loop when all the stuff arrives...

Nice. I still just have one (and two trains on it). It will take me time to get a second one up and running. But I can't wait.

Christmass was early for me. Happen this last week. I received a batch of Finetracks. I have now a loop with super elevated curves and two Y-turnouts. And I received today my 485 Series Aizu Renewal from Microace. A fine train. I love my postman. ^^

Martijn Meerts

My PG 00 raiser should be shipping soon, as well as a 1:150 version of the Nippon Maru. Other than that, 4 more Tomytec trams are on the way (without motor) and some more structures and scenery items... The shipping on the PG 00 raiser and Nippon Maru package was rather scary though :)

Well,

after the loveliness of the Sunrise Express, I thought I should get something relatively ordinary and as I like the wide windscreen look of the series 185-200 AND its the winterised version (about to really enter winter here in Atlantic Canada) I caved and ordered a 7-car 10-349 "Express 185" from Plaza

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:JR_East_185-200_Limited_Express_Kusatsu.jpg

if I'm really lucky it might get here before Christmas!

Graham

Still waiting for my Unitram starter set, the part that takes longest is Australia Post getting it from Sydney to Brisbane. ???

Ordered the Kato 2010 catalog from HW and got them to throw in a Tomix semaphore signal so I can check one out.

Mudkip Orange

No, not that one. It's like Kato's newest set? (I think.)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10081531

Nice! That's a "mini-shinkansen," which means it's designed to the narrower loading gauge of the 1067mm Japanese rail network. It can run on the high-speed Shinkansen network, or it can share local tracks that have been regauged to 1435mm - a way to cheaply expand Shinkansen service to lightly populated areas that wouldn't merit a full-scale line on their own.

Claude_Dreyfus

A Kato EF66-100 from Hobby Search.... With the purchase of an EF210-100 the other day, that more or less completes my Tokaido loco fleet. :grin

Here are the pics of the new Sunrise Express

Nice--I am a little somewhat quite extremely jealous.  :grin  If my ship ever comes in, that'll be one of the first Japanese trains I'll buy.

No, not that one. It's like Kato's newest set? (I think.)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10081531

Oddly, that's about the only Shinkansen I'm tempted by right, mostly because it fits my Tohoku interest. Nice set!

I'm not waiting on any Japanese stuff right now, but I'm fighting mightily against the temptation to buy a nice Kato 113 "Shonan" set that's available. But it's about $120 with shipping, and that's hard to justify at this time of year. Plus I have a 115 that's vaguely similar.

However, I am waiting for [iMPURITY WARNING] a 5-car Fleischmann Trans Europe Express set that I got off eBay for $30! (It's used, but Fleischmann stuff goes for way over $30 per coach when new.)

Hey Scott,

Glad you like the Sunrise Express, I ran it for the first time last and it is very sweet.  I have to admit though that I'm also not a a purist and as such I'm also envious of your Fleishmann TEE :) (would love to see pics)  I managed to pick up a second hand Roco VT601 TEE and expansion pack at the Warley show a few years ago for I think 60quid  and its one of my faves.

I haven't indoctrinated the wife with Japanese N yet, but she can't help letting slip that there maybe some German steam in my immediate (read Christmas) future :)

Graham

I still haven't gotten "my" Kato El Capitan set, but the Kato JR Series 683 "Thunderbird", Kato JNR Series 489 "Hakusan/Asama" & the Kato Jet-Powered RDC are all here, hidden & ready for Nik's Christmas & Birthday.

We're still waiting on the Fleischmann n-scale turntable with digital control & roundhouse for the new layout.....

Oh yea... the micro-trains "Santa's workshop" set is running around the santa village....

I have to admit though that I'm also not a a purist and as such I'm also envious of your Fleishmann TEE :) (would love to see pics) 

I've had pretty good luck with finding Fleischmann stuff for cheap--for some reason, a certain amount seems to slip through the cracks (and into my basement  :cheesy ), while the rest goes for silly prices. With this stuff, I should have enough for a DB-pulled set and and and an SBB-pulled set.