What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Yeah, I'm tempted to try that, too, just to see if any of our stuff will run on the C103 and c140 curves.

I bought my initial set of Finetrack last month to test those curves (this month it's the R280 switch, the uncoupler and some other stuff).

What I found with the Mini curve is that most "model train" level Japanese rolling stock (as well as many American locos) will run on the R177 track (though I haven't tested 20m EMUs), but just about everything except for 2 axis freight cars and some really tiny locos will derail on R140 (which ruined my plans of using R140 switches). I haven't even opened the package of R103.

If you want to test it out, I would suggest either buying the R177+R140 loop set or the R140+R103 loop set, as they are both pretty cheap. I'd suggest the larger loop to start if you intend to run regular Kato/Tomix trains (R103 is just unrealistic), though the more toylike TomyTec and Bandai stuff can manage it in many cases.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10045806

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10045805

From HWJ:

Modemo Odakyu Romancecar 20000RSE

Greenmax Tokyu 5050 Tokoyo line 4-car add on set

From HS:

Tomix EF66

Sankei Good Old Train III

Tomix JR Series 15 sleeping car (arrived last week)

If you want to test it out, I would suggest either buying the R177+R140 loop set or the R140+R103 loop set, as they are both pretty cheap. I'd suggest the larger loop to start if you intend to run regular Kato/Tomix trains (R103 is just unrealistic), though the more toylike TomyTec and Bandai stuff can manage it in many cases.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10045806

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10045805

Thanks for the suggestion--I may try that.

I'd probably go with the 140/103 set, since I'm wondering if I can use this stuff for trams. For the rest of the layout, I'm using Unitrack with 12" to 19" radii and #6 turnouts.

Waiting for 789-1000 Super Kamui

Hey, I'm waiting for the same train.  :cheesy

Yay received mine yesterday. My god what a smooth runner. This is the first EMU set that I own where the flywheel drivetrain actually makes a difference. The whole set can crawl just as good as any Kato loco. But hate the paint (too flaky for my tastes), hate the bluish white LED that is concentrated on the cab/roof mounted headlight (and causes the red tail marker to not be very red), and hate the unpainted and cheap looking underbodies and roof details. But otherwise, great looking set though I prefer the coloring of the regular (green) 789.

Yeah, I'm tempted to try that, too, just to see if any of our stuff will run on the C103 and c140 curves.

I bought my initial set of Finetrack last month to test those curves (this month it's the R280 switch, the uncoupler and some other stuff).

What I found with the Mini curve is that most "model train" level Japanese rolling stock (as well as many American locos) will run on the R177 track (though I haven't tested 20m EMUs), but just about everything except for 2 axis freight cars and some really tiny locos will derail on R140 (which ruined my plans of using R140 switches). I haven't even opened the package of R103.

There is a photo of a Tomytec Choshi Railway decorated car making a R140-30 turn on this blog, second photo down.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/love_4jv/folder/1019252.html?m=lc&p=2

Yes, you will find high floor electric cars running on the streets in Japan, current examples being:

Enoden

Keihan Otsu Line

Fukui Railway (until 2006 when ex-Gifu stock was acquired and  perhaps in some cases still)  

3e747cdb.jpg

It's too bad the Enoden 300 won't work--that's one of our best-running pieces of equipment.

Of course, having an Enoden tram doesn't make much sense if I'm trying to stick with northern Honshu, but neither do half of the other trains we have. I probably should have held off on just buying what I liked until I had some sort of focus---oh, well...

Well, hope you're all doing well :cheesy ...been absent for a while due to my graduation as well as a well-deserved vacation after that. I sure needed a big break after all that effort.

But, back to topic - my next shipment from Japan'll be a 0 type Shinkansen from Kato.

I've been informed by TurboTax that my tax return has been accepted by the government, and I am now waiting on my refund to arrive.  :grin

I got my package from Plaza Japan. Some products are missing (Local Bank building and some track). Package was undamaged and unopened, so I think they forgot to put those items into the box. I wrote an e-mail about it to PJ.  :sad:

too much tax... too much tax today

but finally I'm happy

the first january box arrived today with Kato EF15, Microace ED17 and ED18, Microace 789-1000 (it's really beautifull!) and one Gundam RX78-2 to put on future station layout  :grin

now I wait the second box......

ciao

Massimo

Microace 789-1000 (it's really beautifull!)

Now, you are making me jealous! I'm starting to grow restless... I hope it will soon be here.

too much tax... too much tax today

but finally I'm happy

the first january box arrived today with Kato EF15, Microace ED17 and ED18, Microace 789-1000 (it's really beautifull!) and one Gundam RX78-2 to put on future station layout  :grin

now I wait the second box......

ciao

Massimo

Do you have any Tomix mini-curve track to test the ED17/ED18 on? I had my eye on them as good micro layout locos, but I have no other Microace engines to judge the flexibility of their trucks by.

first january box arrived today with Kato EF15, Microace ED17 and ED18, Microace 789-1000 (it's really beautifull!) and one Gundam RX78-2 to put on future station layout  :grin

ciao

Massimo

Do you have any Tomix mini-curve track to test the ED17/ED18 on? I had my eye on them as good micro layout locos, but I have no other Microace engines to judge the flexibility of their trucks by.

no, sorry  :sad:, I have only kato and peco55 track (min. radius 216)

(I don't think that's can run on minitrack, the boogies mobility is really limited but I'm not sure, I have never seen minitrack with my eyes)

ciao

Massimo

Now, you are making me jealous! I'm starting to grow restless... I hope it will soon be here.

Same here--except I somehow missed the pre-order on these (but maybe that was a good thing....).

Anyway--Massimo--could you post some pictures?

as you all know by now  :grin (nevermind) I'm in Tokyo right know and I would realy like to share  :grin what stuff I bought til now:

Kato E217 basic and add-on set A

Kato 787 relay tsubame set

Kato 251 super view odoriko set

Kato 883 sonic set

Kato Portram blue

Kato Portram red

Kato 657 super hitachi (second hand, cheap)

Kato hankyu 6300 basic and add-on set

Kato eh200 blue thunder

Tomix E1 series 'debut' color basic and 4 car add-on (second hand, very cheap)

qwertyaardvark

*jealous at Nozomi* :P

Waiting for the following items from auction service SMJ:

Tomix 2862 - 315 (300 shinkansen)

Tomix 8511 - OHANE 25-1000

Greenmax 21-2 - Stone Wall C (several)

Greenmax 21 - Stone Wall A (several)

Tomix 8509 - OHANEFU 25-100 (x2)

"Kato" 2863 - 326-500 (300 shinkansen)

Tomix 8510 - OHANE 25-100 (x5)

Tomix 2864 - 326-500 (300 shinkansen)

yay for completing of two more sets: 24 Series 14-car Hayabusa/Fuji and 300 Series 16-car Shinkansen

Same here--except I somehow missed the pre-order on these

I missed it too, but I chased one upon release.

But, back to topic - my next shipment from Japan'll be a 0 type Shinkansen from Kato.

Still on the lookout for the 8 car add-on set (10-454). Seems impossible to find for some reason. Only a year ago they were a dime a dozen.

My roster is:

Farish Class 47535 Large Logo Blue Livery

MicroAce Series 103 (Refurbished) Osaka Loop Line

I am debating if to get the 787 Relay Tsubame or the Series 321! :grin.