What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Received today my JNR Series 489 (Kato 10-239 10-240).

Unfortunately, my wife buy it for christmas. So I have to wait before testing it... :icon_santa:

I have a 787 and a E231 locked away in such a state :icon_santa:.

CaptOblivious

Yay, finally waiting on something! A Micro Ace E653 Fresh Hitachi in blue. Also, a powered chassis for my Tomytec JNR 17m mule.

Arrived today, the day after the big T-TRAK meet as I suspected it would. After a quick look at the mechanism I think DCC should be fairly easy as the motor is mounted the same as other Kato and Micro-Ace steamers, should be just a matter of cutting the brass wiper strips off the motor brushes so they don't contact the frames and soldering the decoder leads to the brushes, I'm think of putting the decoder in the cab roof above the motor to save taking too much apart, with me that's usually a death sentence for a steam loco. An engine this large and they still put the motor in the cab? The engine and tender couple pretty close though so you can't really see into the cab. The cars couple too far apart for my eyes, even on 11" radius curves so I'll be looking into replacing couplers. As someone posted the cars don't roll well but the engine doesn't even notice they are there, the boiler shell is full of weight and with traction tires should pull anything you put behind it, I'll give it a workout at the next club running day to see what it will do.

post-218-13569923457324_thumb.jpg

mmmmhh..

today my C.C. has been charged from Rainbowten, I hope the new Fresh Hitachi is an improved model, otherwise I have 3 set to sell.... (I already have the old sets)

ciao

Massimo

Again I strike lucky : :cheesy:grin

Just scored a Kato E1 Max in grey colours + a Tomix 6 Car E2 Shinkansen sets :

Thats 3 shinkansens in 3 days!!!!! :laugh:

Now my wife is suspicious!

You got both Rap:t's?

wow!  I like them but not that much.  My Sunrise Express arrived yesterday, it wonderful, I'll try and get a picture this evening.  I have Canadian Customs, I've been grousing as the tracking shows that the set has been in their hands for the last 10 days even though it arrived yesterday!

G.

Claude_Dreyfus

Just waiting on a truckload of unitrack to get started on my layout then off to Warley exhibition on Saturday on the hunt for bargains  :grin

I'm visiting Warley as well... paying my annual visit to Japan Model Railways stand (although the Tomix Tokaido E233-3000 is not due until December  :sad:) and perhaps some shopping with MG Sharp. Oh, and I'll be taking a look at Norman Raven's Katami Mitsu...  :cheesy

Just waiting on a truckload of unitrack to get started on my layout then off to Warley exhibition on Saturday on the hunt for bargains  :grin

Chris - We have swap meets in the US, they're fun, you can sometimes find great bargains......and they're dangerous because in the blink of an eye you can spend a lot without realizing it.  :grin

I'm waiting for delivery of two Series 50000 Rapi:t's (Nankai Railways). Scored them on ebay!

Nozomi - Congratulations they are nice looking sets.

As I mentioned previously, my colleagues' son has agreed to go into a local Tokyo hobby shop and get me a loco, a DMU and  some freight stock, and bring it over at Christmas.  Being new to all this Japanese thing  ??? I will have to wait and see what he brings back before deciding on how the layout will pan out.  The only thing I am sure of is that it will be 8 inches by 4 feet!

It really is quite exciting though, I'll be getting these extra Chrissie pressies, and they will be a complete surprise even though I am paying for them myself  :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie:

Well,

Here are the pics of the new Sunrise Express.. excuse the focus issues, still getting used to the new Camera

I really have to work on the layout so I can run this lovely thing.

G

post-181-13569923459003_thumb.jpg

post-181-13569923459781_thumb.jpg

Well,

Here are the pics of the new Sunrise Express.. excuse the focus issues, still getting used to the new Camera

I really have to work on the layout so I can run this lovely thing.

G

What's wrong with the layout it's on in the picture?  :grin

LOL!

Actually as I set up the track I thought.. hmmm.. wonder if I could clear this off and cover the table!

G.

Yesterday I went to JapaneseModelRailways in Kamen to bring back a false order and buy some stuff. I'm not going there again soon, as the trip was a ride of alltogether 7 hours =_= *it was for free though, student-ticket* In a picture below most of the stuff I bought is displayed: station with plaform from TOMYTEC, railway crossings from TOMYTEC and two new Tetsudou Collection Vol.10 railcars from the Ensyuu RR. One motorised and the other still in original condition as a trailer. It's going to be renumbered though, maybe even repainted.

Also, the Kashima railcar has been abandoned for aesthetic reasons. Now the layout is more focussing on earlier designs, rather then the 'Shounan-front' trains. Also, please note the temporary track plan with even a fiddleyard behind the books and P.K.P. logo :)

HW mailed me that the SUHAFU 42-Series coaches from KATO weren't able to be delivered due to a halt in the production, so I cancelled that part of my order. Now lots and lots of rails (I bought 2 packages of 10pcs straight TOMIX track, can't have enough of that) and some freight wagons are on their way.

From the remaining money I bought some resting tracks, a OHA 31-type coach and light-signal dummies from GREENMAX.

Now I have to lay low on my expenses if I want to go to Japan in summer... That's gonna be a tough job... D:

post-224-13569923464746_thumb.jpg

I'm visiting Warley as well... paying my annual visit to Japan Model Railways stand (although the Tomix Tokaido E233-3000 is not due until December  :sad:) and perhaps some shopping with MG Sharp. Oh, and I'll be taking a look at Norman Raven's Katami Mitsu...  :cheesy

Might see you there! I expect I'll be drooling at the JMR stand. Katami Mitsu is excellent. It was at the International N show at Leamington.

Bernard - I fully expect to do serious damage to my credit card this weekend, most likely with JMR. Early xmas for me  :grin

Just ordered some of Tomix's new "Wide PC Rail" single track 'super-elevated curves' from Tokyo Rail and some extra Tomix track for my (future) tram line.  This will replace a Kato Viaduct curve on my layout that just doesn't look right.

I'm waiting for delivery of two Series 50000 Rapi:t's (Nankai Railways). Scored them on ebay!

Congratulations Nozomi!  I almost bid on one of them to have a second set myself, but I had really disturbing ideas of painting it a different color and decided I better not!

Arrived today, the day after the big T-TRAK meet as I suspected it would...

Wow, an SL7. That's a fruity bit of gear. I wouldn't mind having one in HO, just for show. I have a soft spot for streamlined 4-6-2s1  :grin

All the best,

Mark.

Just got my tax refund, and even better, permission from the missus to spend some of it on trains!  :cheesy

So I've ordered the following:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10090481

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10098277

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10097707

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10100332

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10079868

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10078968

Should keep me busy for a while!

Cheers,

Mark.