What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Thats really nice BC6!

can't wait to see some pics of it when it arrives!

G.

Thanks grumbeast as soon as I get it I 'll post some video.

Nik and I don't model a certain era, epoch, region, country, railroad etc.  Nik is really more into "if it looks cool, can we get it?" (Ok, me too).... so our roster is pretty eclectic.

We have a number of things that are on pre-order.  My biggest fear is that they'll all show up in the same month and I'll have to go sell my blood plasma or something.  So here's what's in the pipeline for us.....  Some of it will be for Christmas, some for an upcoming Birthday, some of it is for me, and I guess some of it will be for some made-up reason if i want to play with them too....

kato 10-car Santa Fe "El Capitan" Car set (dad's)

main.jpg

Atlas Shay (both of us?)

41625.jpg

kato 12-axle K5 Leopold rail cannon (indefinitely delayed by kato)

kato23600.jpg

fleischmann 7174 DRG BR01.10 streamlined 4-6-2 (Nik saved up for this, if it ever ships)

f7174.jpg

Kato 1966 Jet-Powered RDC with sound (surprise Christmas gift)

featured.jpg

MicroAce Snowplow Diesel Locomotove

a8512_c.jpg

kato DD51 Big Dipper (this one's for dad)

7008-2_b.jpg

Micro Trains Santa's Workshop Set (This is just too fun to pass up)

048999321090.jpg

kato 12-axle K5 Leopold rail cannon (indefinitely delayed by kato)

kato23600.jpg

Dragon makes two inexpensive (about $15 MSRP) 1/144 model kits versions (requires assembly and painting), which can be converted to running models using 1173 Micro-Trains buckeye trucks (you'll probably also want some weights). Since it's a WWII German prototype made by Dragon Models it's also available outside Japan - if you're in the US/Canada it can be ordered from ModelTrainStuff for $11.

yeah!!!

I won on Yahoo the last Microace diesel loco that I need to complete the collection (JAM DE10 yellow/purple)

that's a good month, this loco, another one Shinkansen 200-0, 2 Pacina steam, new Kato 883

next box is very heavy (and the add tax too..) 

ciao

Massimo

Claude_Dreyfus

The latest addition to the Dreyfus stud has arrived this morning; a Micro Ace class 215 EMU - hurrah! :grin

Many Thanks to 'Domino' for agreeing to part with this lovely looking model...

Looking forward to having a proper look at it tonight, and having a play on Friday...

Well,

while I was trying to decide over the Super Azusa and the series 583, I had a little check of eBay and lo and behold....

what did I see

But a series 285 Sunrise Express!!!! that I missed out on earlier in the year due to being on vacation.  So that kinda made my mind up

and she should be winging her lovely red and cream way towards me any day :) :) :)  I'm very happy!

Oh.. in other news.. just made a video of my Series 700 and Series 0 .. its in persoanl projects

G.

But a series 285 Sunrise Express!!!! that I missed out on earlier in the year due to being on vacation.  So that kinda made my mind up

and she should be winging her lovely red and cream way towards me any day :) :) :)   I'm very happy!

G.

G,

you are gunna like it! tres cool!

cheers,

jeff

C57 from Tomix arrived today form JapanModelRailways plus the container flats.

It is superb.  The tender is permanently coupled to the loco and there are lots of parts to add.  The detailing is stunning.

Photos to follow

Martijn Meerts

It seems I now have 2 packages waiting for me when I arrive in the Netherlands next week. One of them includes the remaining C62-2 building kits parts (as mentioned before), but I believe it might also include the MicroAce 100-9000 X1 base set and add-on. The 2nd package I expect includes the Tomix C57. I'll know in about a week =)

Claude_Dreyfus

You won't regret getting the Super Asuza. A most impressive piece of kit...

Likewise for the Tomix C57. Seeing the Tomix promo video suggests this will be a great model. I would be interested to know if it is as good 'in the flesh' as it looks on video... I suspect it will be  :cool:

You won't regret getting the Super Asuza. A most impressive piece of kit...

Likewise for the Tomix C57. Seeing the Tomix promo video suggests this will be a great model. I would be interested to know if it is as good 'in the flesh' as it looks on video... I suspect it will be  :cool:

Would like to know how easy DCC installation would be.

I wanted to buy a KATO 9600 off HW, but I ended up buying lots of new FineTrack, eight TORA gondolas and three 61 Series coaches... Had about €150 in my PayPal account and that had to go somewhere :grin

SAL was chosen as a shipment to save money. Did I do well and how long does it take? Anyone have experience with SAL shipping from HW?

Around 20 days to Berlin after receiving the shipment notice. It's a very reliable service. Until now all my packages arrived safe and sound, but the last one was just my fith package. I think I will be soon ordering train sets through this channel.

There is SAL thread in the suppliers and new announcements sub-forum.

Ah, that's great! Thanks for the info! Some of the items have to be restocked at HW, so that will take some more days I think. Ahhhh... I guess now I have to be patient :sad: I hate that...

Well I canceled my Series 100 Grand Hikari order at HS and decided to bid on a basic Series 100 set plus a 2 car add on a Yahoo Auctions Japan. I won the auction so hopefully in a couple;e of weeks or so I should be getting my Grand Hikaei. Thanks to disturbman for putting together that great tutorial on how to bid on yahoo auctions for dummies.

Dammit! I couldn't stand the thought of not having a sound module for my DC operated layout, so I pre-ordered the TOMYTEC new 101 Series controller... I think I can modify the thing to make it fit my needs -diesel trains-, by adding a diesel-sound module for the throttle and a possibility to rule out the DC-engine sound of the standard 101 Series train. I don't know if the whistle is a horn sound or the typical JNR high-pitch whistle, so that may be adjusted as well. I hope the running sound isn't too electrical, so that may have to be adjusted as well.

Anyway, I'll see about those things when the set arrives at my place. Hopefully it's not intercepted by customs...

Claude_Dreyfus

I'm now waiting on a Greenmax 'modern' station building kit, a Tomytec modern detched house, to see if these kits are any good, some catenery and a Tomytec car set number 8 - People Carriers...

I'm now waiting on a Greenmax 'modern' station building kit, a Tomytec modern detched house, to see if these kits are any good, some catenery and a Tomytec car set number 8 - People Carriers...

Claude - Would love your thoughts on the modern station kit and photos. I've also have been looking at the kit and like to know what you think.

Getting excited!  my Sunrise Express has reached Vancouver.. now it just has to wing its way over to the east coast :)

G

Martijn Meerts

After getting to The Netherlands, I checked the packages waiting for me here, and 1 of them included the Tomix C57.. I have to say, detail wise it beats both Kato and MicroAce. Haven't been able to run it yet though, so no idea how it runs.

Also received a bunch of other stuff (containers, busses, cars) as well as the MicroAce 100-9000 series, which looks quite good :)

I collected the E351 from the customs office today :grin . Apparently HWJ had forgot to attach a copy of the invoice on the outside of the box (as they had done with my first order from them), so I had to do the declaration work myself. However, the officials there were absolutely friendly and the woman who handled the procedure approvingly commented on the train, pronouncing it to be neat :cheesy . So, 'twas far from being a pain in the behind, actually.

Received today my JNR Series 489 (Kato 10-239 10-240).

Unfortunately, my wife buy it for christmas. So I have to wait before testing it... :icon_santa: