What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Das Steinkopf

Well my July, August and September pre orders from AmiAmi were all delivered today, initially I did not have any pre orders for July or August but due to a number of items from May and June being constantly rescheduled I ended up having new orders being created by AmiAmi for those items. Every time these new orders were created I would have a look at other items that I would like to get and would add them as I thought I may as well make the delivery costs worthwhile. The two main offenders (Hogaraka Dou containers) have yet again been rescheduled but this worked to my advantage as I was able to combine all of those orders, I was far from happy being dicked around with all of these orders being created but I was able to exact my revenge by combining them as soon as they rolled into the Before Last Month Category.  The Kato 10-216 case was also a reschedule villain that caused me to make my first order cancellation with AmiAmi as it was constantly being delayed, this time I waited for it to be in stock and finally got my hands on it, I now have a nice home for all of my Kato KoKi 50000’s. I did get another bonus with this order by scoring the mystery truck in the Truck Collection series 11, the only downside to my order is that the Loginet U19A container has the same number as one of the Hogaraka Dou containers I already have, that said I will paint it white and use it as a storage container.

D0C443B0-157D-4FD1-A127-222FC4DBF256.jpeg

16D8064E-9F31-4FC7-B7A8-C18188E79549.jpeg

FC5E6892-6810-401C-B076-FF2388E81437.jpeg

A20E71CC-1AAE-498B-8456-661A331AEE11.jpeg

• Like 16

Here is an interesting item I found on ebay. Via a book store in Akihabara.... A Tetsuko no tabi box set with a tomytec 2008. I have become interested in this manga/anime and that it is considered nonfiction. Trying to learn Japanese so trying to find literature I am interested in..... a collector's model is a nice bonus! Now I just need to order a tm-04 motor!

20181012_000145.jpg

20181012_000212.jpg

• Like 12

Somehow the postman manages to always call while I am out.

Second hand from Popondetta but the condition is just like new. Probably all the ホキ2500s I will ever need.

The nice thing about buying sets is that every wagon is guranteed to have a unique number.

IMG_20181012_203258846.jpg

IMG_20181012_203316678.jpg

• Like 9
6 hours ago, Ultratram said:

Here is an interesting item I found on ebay. Via a book store in Akihabara.... A Tetsuko no tabi box set with a tomytec 2008. I have become interested in this manga/anime and that it is considered nonfiction. Trying to learn Japanese so trying to find literature I am interested in..... a collector's model is a nice bonus! Now I just need to order a tm-04 motor!

That's a rare bird! Great score!

• Like 1

I delivered myself, but here is a picture about what I bought in Japan for myself (Kato shop Kyoto and Tokyo, Yodobashi Akiba, Kyoto Railway Museum, etc.). Sadly the M250 set's 4 car add-on were sold out everywhere.

boughtinJapan.thumb.jpg.005fb1bee29102e5d0229002fa282d80.jpg

• Like 15
1 hour ago, IST said:

I delivered myself, but here is a picture about what I bought in Japan for myself (Kato shop Kyoto and Tokyo, Yodobashi Akiba, Kyoto Railway Museum, etc.). Sadly the M250 set's 4 car add-on were sold out everywhere.

boughtinJapan.thumb.jpg.005fb1bee29102e5d0229002fa282d80.jpg

Oh wow! Someone had some fun, haha!

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

I think a couple changes of clothes got left behind in Japan! Nice haul!

No, we brought a few there and used coin laundries quite often. 😉 My wife was pretty sure that we can not bring these stuff back home but we still were below the weight limit by around 5 kgs. So let the experiement with the soundbox and the bluetooth unit begin!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IST said:

No, we brought a few there and used coin laundries quite often. 😉 My wife was pretty sure that we can not bring these stuff back home but we still were below the weight limit by around 5 kgs. So let the experiement with the soundbox and the bluetooth unit begin!

On our last trip I had to run out to Aeon and buy a new suitcase at the last minute, the day of departure.  We did not have a weight limit issue, but a lack of luggage.   Glad you made it under! 

Das Steinkopf
4 hours ago, chadbag said:

On our last trip I had to run out to Aeon and buy a new suitcase at the last minute, the day of departure.  We did not have a weight limit issue, but a lack of luggage.   Glad you made it under! 

Our first trip was a similar situation, when we went back last year we had a smaller suitcase packed with clothes inside a larger suitcase, problem solved 😉 .

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Our first trip was a similar situation, when we went back last year we had a smaller suitcase packed with clothes inside a larger suitcase, problem solved 😉 .

I don't know from other countries, but most airlines allow 2 suitcases per person from the US to most foreign countries (non Mexico, Canada, Caribbean, etc. -- the local foreign), up to 50 US pounds in weight (23kg) each.  We are 4 people, so we had been usually bringing 5 or so (as that is how many we own of the modern light weight sort), several of which were empty when we go (and not empty when coming back).  But with the trains and train related stuff, and all the clothing and food the wife buys, and my daughter's Sumikko Gurashi toys, we were short one case even with my expert packing skills 🙂 .  Luckily there is an Aeon Mall like 1.2 or 1.5 miles down the road in Itami (Aeon Itamikoya) and a quick bus ride there and back solved the problem.

Our next trip we may bring an extra case with us.

14 minutes ago, chadbag said:

I don't know from other countries, but most airlines allow 2 suitcases per person from the US to most foreign countries (non Mexico, Canada, Caribbean, etc. -- the local foreign), up to 50 US pounds in weight (23kg) each.  🙂

We can bring from Europe only one suitcase per person up to 23 kg. 😥

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, katoftw said:

It depends on the airline company ticket. Continent plays no part in it.

It does.  Each airline has their own baggage policies and they are listed usually as "from where" to "destination" and usually continent or sub-continent.  So an airline's policy for flights  to Japan (N or E Asia) originating from Europe may very well be different than flights originating from N America.  It comes down to the ticket, but the airlines base their policies, from what I have seen (looking at many many airlines baggage policies), to from which continent to which continent you are flying.  And those policies are usually general "economy", "premium economy", "business" etc based, not specific ticket classes.  (Ie, "economy" may fly under multiple ticket classes but all "economy" listed tickets have the same policy -- some airlines are playing with "basic economy" but that is not the same as "economy").

While each airline may have their own policy, they seem to somewhat harmonize to be similar for similar destinations.   Most airlines from the US to Japan allowed 2 bags in normal economy.  United (IIRC) and maybe another airline went to 1 bag a while back.  But they switched back to 2 as no other airline followed them and they were then at a competitive disadvantage.

Even carry on luggage can be dramatically different. Going thru heathrow a few years back there was a severe limit on the size and weight of carry on luggage, basically one very small bag. Reason? Well it was to make room for all the duty free shopping they want you to do in the airport (basically a shopping mall) and you can the roll onto the plane with huge, I mean huge, duty free bags (I said roll onas some were so big they had rolling bases as too big to carry). Most of our domestic here is all pay for checked baggage in economy leading to folks maxing out carry on.

Like chad, each trip I check as it changes where to/from and the carrier and the current situation on international. I had one trip to South America out of Miami where the checked weight limit was lower than domestic (usually higher in international) and whenat the airport I asked and it turned out they were trying to thwart massive airlifting of goods to somemsouth American destinations (or make passengers pay for it). Next time a couple of years later and that was gone.

jeff

Oh help, more KoKis are happening...

Just ordered a KoKi 107 and three packs of containers (V19Cs, JOT UR18A-10000s and 19Bs in "renewal colour"). Planning to include a KoKi 104 and another couple of packs of 12' containers (19D-42000s and Nissan red U28As) in my next HobbySearch order in a fortnight or so, then one other KoKi and a Casco mini case for them all later on.

One thing I'm struggling with is loco boxes. Two of my KoKis came in a box set with an EF210, and while I can easily find a case for the KoKis there don't seem to be any with slots for a loco. Casco did make a loco case but it's out of stock at the moment.

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf
2 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

Oh help, more KoKis are happening...

Just ordered a KoKi 107 and three packs of containers (V19Cs, JOT UR18A-10000s and 19Bs in "renewal colour"). Planning to include a KoKi 104 and another couple of packs of 12' containers (19D-42000s and Nissan red U28As) in my next HobbySearch order in a fortnight or so, then one other KoKi and a Casco mini case for them all later on.

Looks like someone has started to slide down the slippery slope.

On 10/8/2018 at 7:06 AM, Das Steinkopf said:

16D8064E-9F31-4FC7-B7A8-C18188E79549.jpeg

Are these all from the Truck 11 set? I really need to get some of those short 12’ container trucks!!!

was thinking I’d have to kitbash them like I’ve seen others do!

Das Steinkopf
56 minutes ago, defor said:

Are these all from the Truck 11 set? I really need to get some of those short 12’ container trucks!!!

was thinking I’d have to kitbash them like I’ve seen others do!

Yes they are, it’s well worth buying the box set as you get a good variety of trucks. I’m very happy as I now have a decent sized Nippon Express fleet of trucks, I’m planning on having a Nippon Express depot using the Tomytec warehouse adjacent to the freight yard on the JR Central layout that I will be building in the future.  

B4A0FB50-330D-410A-8C29-FDF7FBD91991.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Looks like someone has started to slide down the slippery slope.

There is, thankfully, a limiting factor. The shortage of different running numbers means it'll take some time even if I do fill a box of twelve (which I'll probably buy instead of the mini one). Do Tomix change the numbers on re-runs?