What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

What was it? I didn’t get it.

1 hour ago, keiichi77 said:

My Tomytec Truck Collection Vol 11 finally arrived today, and to my surprise I actually got the rare truck. 😉

Jeff

Ordered another couple of Tomix KoKis (104 and 250000), containers, a case for same and some 25 Series coach detail parts. That will definitely be it until Tomix release some new numbers on the single KoKis, although another pack of containers or two may happen in readiness.

I know the 250000s are no longer used, but what I can glean from Wikipedia Japan is that they lasted until around 2007 and then suffered a mass cull. Given my train is merely intended to represent a JRF era container service with no specific date I'll slip one in. Apparently there are two surviving 350000s too, used for testing the concept of loading 1067mm gauge container flats onto standard gauge transporter wagons for transport via one of the undersea tunnels.

7 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Jeff

Go back to page 383 to JR 500s post, its just a yellow 5T Truck with a 12' container, I don't think is available on its own. 🙂

Das Steinkopf
8 hours ago, keiichi77 said:

My Tomytec Truck Collection Vol 11 finally arrived today, and to my surprise I actually got the rare truck. 😉

Seems like a few of us struck it lucky with this one.

7 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Jeff

This 

5974181E-D38B-4D3A-9588-C3D88C2CCB65.jpeg

• Like 1

First N-scale purchase: Tomix J.R. Series 0-7000 Sanyo Shinkansen 6-car set, via Hobby Search. No track to run it on yet, but a pleasing first purchase to launch me in the hobby.

• Like 9

Tiny people arrived! I received a $5 coupon from eBay (don't know why, I rarely sell anything). Used it to purchase 100 sitting people and 100 mixed standing and sitting people from China. Total cost: $4.73 (US) and free shipping. 200 people for free with the $5 coupon.

They aren't Preiser, but once I paint them they should look nice for the interiors of buildings, inside passenger rail cars, and for distant scenery. The seller was great. I asked him to change my shipping address after I ordered them, which he did. Product arrived early. 

These figures are great for those purposes. Little touch up paint helps. In the rail cars you may need to snip them off at the waist to fit properly. If you want some kids get the z scale figures for some smaller folk.

cheers

jeff

• Like 2

Thanks for the z-scale tip for children. I haven't ever worked at nanoscale. Need to get out the microscope.

I figured some amputation would be needed for the rail cars. I needed to do some of that for some aircrew in a model airplane I built.

• Like 1

MTP order of the RhB Ge 4/4 II and a Casco case turned up, here's the Asakaze in the latter:

I may well do a mini video review of the RhB pack as there don't seem to be any on YouTube yet. Need to charge my camera.

• Like 8

After paying the ransom customs I received two parcels today.

First the cute Ishikawa Railway 521. Can't wait to have them shuttle arround after some DCC has been installed.

IMG_20181102_132218.thumb.jpg.45bd40323ae026c9e5e80117ccef6e01.jpg

And the second, big parcel is my first order of new platforms:

IMG_20181102_140715.thumb.jpg.0f37a17f809bf03cabdbf6c3361ca8c1.jpg

Already out of the box, I had to reassemble the white pillars. Now I know what I'll be doing over the weekend.

Installing the light fixtures, details etc. May I even try my hand at decals 😱.

IMG_20181102_140755.thumb.jpg.3de9ea728a45ed13ce5ce0f9d9c1fa4b.jpg

• Like 12
4 hours ago, Waisneed said:

First the cute Ishikawa Railway 521. Can't wait to have them shuttle arround after some DCC has been installed.

Nice trains they are! Mine are sadly still stuck in customs...
Now we just need Tomix to make the Ishikawa and Ainokaze versions of their 3rd batch model and the collection is complete 😄

18 hours ago, Waisneed said:

IMG_20181102_140715.thumb.jpg.0f37a17f809bf03cabdbf6c3361ca8c1.jpg

Already out of the box, I had to reassemble the white pillars. Now I know what I'll be doing over the weekend.

Installing the light fixtures, details etc. May I even try my hand at decals 😱.

Nice! I'm quite interested to find out how the screen doors look like once fixed to the station platforms!  🙂

While generally, my orders have reduced quite significantly, the pre-orders are still coming in, and due to time constraints, I haven't had much time to upload them.. here's one of the more recent ones which I really love and didn't regret getting, the Seaside Kinokuni! It looks fantastic!

20181027_123751.jpg

20181027_123757.jpg

20181027_123814.jpg

20181027_123828.jpg

20181027_123850.jpg

• Like 5
7 hours ago, JR 500ç³» said:

While generally, my orders have reduced quite significantly, the pre-orders are still coming in, and due to time constraints, I haven't had much time to upload them.. here's one of the more recent ones which I really love and didn't regret getting, the Seaside Kinokuni! It looks fantastic!

What is that and where can I find one...

And is it an EMU converted set of 13 series coaches? Or does it get pulled with a loco?

Edited by Densha
Staff Comment: Shortened Long Quote

The Seaside Kinokuni is a rake of modified 12 series coaches (for sightseeing purposes). It's loco-hauled (usually a DE10 I think?) and one of the few Japanese Push-Pull trains, the right car in the last picture has a cab from where the locomotive can be remotely controlled.

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, GDorsett said:

What is that and where can I find one...

And is it an EMU converted set of 13 series coaches? Or does it get pulled with a loco?

Tomix makes a DE10 in the same colors made for this.  

Looks like AmiAmi clpsed the sale on the DE10, but the coach set is still up. Now I mist decide how badly I want it...

PlazaJapan has both the coaches and the loco, although they only have one of the loco.

I am seriously considering getting this set...

12 hours ago, GDorsett said:

PlazaJapan has both the coaches and the loco, although they only have one of the loco.

I am seriously considering getting this set...

You should get it... I'm not a huge fan of loco pulled trains, but this one is very unique. The front cab is really nice with directional lights, and there is also a red tail light on the other end of the car for just in case when you haul the carriages the other way... The observation car is also very unique with open air decks! It's a great train, and I am delighted to have bought the DE10 for the Seaside Kinokuni and finally it won the raffle for the carriages to be made! 

16 hours ago, Philphil said:

WAIT A SECOND, KATO HAS PLATFORM SCREEN DOORS NOW!?!?! HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN AWAY!?! 😆

Haha yes it is a new feature for the new platforms... I haven't seen it in action yet... interested to know how they will look like ~

And a little parcel from Mandarake, and finally gotten a not-so expensive Odakyu 3000 to complete my Odakyu fleet...

20181103_142419.jpg

20181103_142527.jpg

20181103_142615.jpg

20181103_170251.jpg

• Like 7