What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

17 hours ago, scotspensioner said:

Yes to both questions .In addition the power coach bogies had become detached and the drive shafts were loose and to complete the story an axle had come adrift on two of the inner coaches.

I've now been able to fix it all and test the motor coach - it was the fiddly one because of replacing the drive shafts into the fly wheel.

Everything now in order.

In passing my very first Kato train was an E231 and it too had a motor coach bogie which had come adrift but it came from Osborns about five years ago

would you be able/willing to post steps on how to do this? I took the power coach out last night and both bogies fell off -_- not particularly a happy experience for my first pre-ordered loco ever 😞 

scotspensioner

The bogies have a tube into which the driveshaft fits  - it's a push fit.The white driveshaft then slots into the centre of the flywheel at the other end.

The bogie then clips into the frames of the coach.The tricky bit is getting the driveshaft into the flywheel but Ive tried using the little screwdriver to push it in sideways.

Hope this helps   I think the white shaft should be straight on when it's in position.

I'm going to run mine this afternoon

Edited by scotspensioner
Late decision to test it properly
14 minutes ago, scotspensioner said:

The bogies have a tube into which the driveshaft fits  - it's a push fit.The white driveshaft then slots into the centre of the flywheel at the other end.

The bogie then clips into the frames of the coach.The tricky bit is getting the driveshaft into the flywheel but Ive tried using the little screwdriver to push it in sideways.

Hope this helps   I think the white shaft should be straight on when it's in position.

I'm going to run mine this afternoon

stupid question, but I'll have to take the body off right? and does it just clip off? 

The final containers for the KoKis arrived, so here's the loaded train:

Also found out why the three orders I've been expecting from Plaza Japan for over a month haven't arrived, according to ebay they haven't even posted them! Message sent, if no sensible answer another order will be going to Hobbysearch (who've just posted the stuff I ordered from them at the weekend).

• Sad 1
scotspensioner

T

57 minutes ago, TimWay4 said:

stupid question, but I'll have to take the body off right? and does it just clip off? 

The body just clips off but it doesn't help much. It's just a matter of putting the shaft onto the bogie and aiming (in the dark as it were) to get the other end into the centre hollow on the flywheel. I used the plastic screwdriver to judge the awkward one into place a few minutes ago and I've now got it running

I've emailed Traintrax and said I know I'm not the only person who's had this issue.

My best wishes and hope you are successful

FWIW, I occasionally get trains from Amazon, HS, etc where the bogies or other pieces have come loose in the travel portion of their journey to me.  I don't remember if my Panda train had issues but I kind of think it did.  "Traintrax" was not involved.

• Like 1

The beauty here is the fact that when this does happen it’s usually a fairly easy fix as most times everything just clips back together,the hard part is working out which order to do it in! 👍😀😀

glad you all got them sorted👍👍😀

• Like 2
scotspensioner

Sorry for that    Try this :--https://YouTube.be/DhYgwjwGWTg .

Or Alex Rankin's Model trains playlist  Kato 10-1506 287 Panda train .It's something like number 54 on the list

Hope you get to see it  - otherwise ask Pauljag900 [Mod Comment: Privacy Breach - Removed Email Address] to passing over to you!

I'm more technically challenged than he is!

Edited by Densha

Got my pre-order from Nariichi and couldn't justify paying shipping for just 1 item so I got a couple of Koki's and more containers. Hehe.

IMG_5245.thumb.jpeg.9d1a1a05bf3e2742e47d4dd4633e3716.jpegIMG_5246.thumb.jpeg.d6b8f8e0fdda12dfd024755ae9942695.jpegIMG_5249.thumb.jpeg.5f7292934fd9e2242bf88bf958d51c05.jpeg

• Like 17
4 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Got my pre-order from Nariichi and couldn't justify paying shipping for just 1 item so I got a couple of Koki's and more containers. Hehe.

Oh man, I feel the same way, haha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Philphil said:

Oh man, I feel the same way, haha!

Like any of us need an excuse!!😂😂 mind you,I don t think I’ve heard that one before 👏😂😂😂👍

scotspensioner
3 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

Like any of us need an excuse!!😂😂 mind you,I don t think I’ve heard that one before 👏😂😂😂👍

I use that excuse all the time!😁😁

• Haha 1

Always been fascinated by the idea of the 155 Series. In my childhood the average British school trip involved one or more ancient and weary road coaches (aerosol can nozzles in place of missing windscreen washer jets and bits of tape over cracked trim were standard). The concept of a dedicated train type for school trips is therefore wonderfully odd to me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
scotspensioner

Normally the second year at Secondary School went to the Highland Show,an agricultural show held on the outskirts of Edinburgh but my year missed out.

Don't Laugh,there was a train of prewar saloon coaches kitted out with CCTV (this was 1962) and hauled by Steam locos including a sister of Flying Scotsman.By this means we were taken on a circular tour to Saint Andrews (yes, the golfing Mecca) It was my first railtour and the only time it was done!

You couldn't make it up!!!

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

Always been fascinated by the idea of the 155 Series. In my childhood the average British school trip involved one or more ancient and weary road coaches (aerosol can nozzles in place of missing windscreen washer jets and bits of tape over cracked trim were standard). The concept of a dedicated train type for school trips is therefore wonderfully odd to me!

I suppose it helps that Japan had a major population centre full of young baby boomers (the Kanto area) and a semi-mandatory requirement to visit Kyoto as part of the curriculum. These have high-density 2+3 box seating and comparatively narrow doors/vestibule areas to pack them in. The MicroAce blurb says they were in service for school trips between 1959 and 1971.

• Like 1