What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Das Steinkopf
10 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Please use sterile technique while typing this das, don’t want more infections like this on the forum...

jeff

I believe that there is one forum member who may have contracted the Tobu strain of the virus, it is suspected that some of his infection was transmitted from Singapore. 

• Haha 2
On 11/20/2018 at 5:33 AM, Kiha66 said:

Well the gold is a little worn, but it was only $6!  I'm thinking I'll prime and paint them in the proper colors and they'll make great Christmas ornaments.

20181119_212945.thumb.jpg.4a89961100d1be6e1875cb103df111f1.jpg

They are brilliant.

But why go minituare when you can have full size

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f310547568

Have to admit. Would love one of these on the wall

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Had some streetcar desire. Currently no tram track but I’d like to factor some in on the layout plan somewhere. These were just too nice to pass up.

The first is a Hiroden 1900 and the other a 2000 series from the Chikuhō Electric Railway that runs between Kurosaki and Nōgata in Fukuoka prefecture. I used to take the latter to and from work some years ago.

I do wish Tomytec would switch to blackened wheels though.

4AA516ED-478D-4AC8-9851-7AD5EF72CB94.jpeg

5204934F-9B14-4E72-A190-62FC5D420A55.jpeg

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 6
10 hours ago, Drunkenclam said:

They are brilliant.

But why go minituare when you can have full size

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f310547568

Have to admit. Would love one of these on the wall

I was actually pretty close to buying one a while back, but stopped when I realized shipping would be twice what I would have paid for it!

Edited by Kiha66
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 11/15/2018 at 7:40 PM, beakaboy said:

some recent purchases from a local model railway show. Brand new old stock from a hobby shop whose owner has closed doors and retired. 

Microace transformer wagon was $40 (lights in ends of guards vans)

Microace Space World EMU set was $100 and runs very well. Nice Graphics

Tomytec Bus collection was $20. Haven't seen this set before.

Little Roco 0-6-0 has hardly been run . $20 from a private seller.

couple of container trucks for flat wagon $7

The 500 series Shinkansen set was $46 which i won on a local auction site. requires a step down transformer from 240v to 110v which i have ordered for $35. I have been after this set for some time to go with a set of 4 coaches acquired from Eurostar 25

20181023_124328 (1280x768).jpg

Would you share the kit number for this transport? Would love to keep my eye for one.

18 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

Very nice, how hard is installing a knuckle coupler in one of those things?  I've been tempted to get one for ages.

No idea, it came like that.

• Like 1

The Tomix knuckle couplers will fit as will the Kato ones, assuming it came with the standard Tomytec coupler pockets anyway. I used a spare pair of 0391/0393 on a Tobu ED5067 and brake van recently.

Not post, but an apparently unused Tomix EF58 came home with me after a shop trip today:

It's the Imperial version, and is currently growling around with four coaches from the Hokutosei behind it by way of running in.

• Like 3
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:53 AM, Das Steinkopf said:

I believe that there is one forum member who may have contracted the Tobu strain of the virus, it is suspected that some of his infection was transmitted from Singapore. 

That definitely aint me ~  😛

Havent been posting much due to work, but that doesn't mean the trains aint coming in ~  😛

The Nagara-Yamato train is pretty interesting, and for that price point for a one car set with motor and pre-installed interior lights, why not? I'm glad Tomix is picking up on the Ghost train series, that way, we have HG models at the price of the original MA ones! Cant wait for all 4 to be released together, and then we can bring our 8-car Ghost train out for a spin!  🙂

Picked up an Aqua Liner from the recent HS sale... not a huge want, but it was going for a decent price for a HG set, and the Aqua Liner has been turning up on Facebook pretty often recently running around Kyushu so... 

20181117_145711.jpg

20181124_125047.jpg

20181124_125217.jpg

20181124_125318.jpg

20181124_124811.jpg

• Like 10

Some strange finds at a small local train show: a rather old chiki 7000 and yo 8000 caboose. The caboose is kind of strange, it only has a coupler on one side and a grey roof and no lights but I don't mind that since I intend to use it on DCC. The chiki actually has plastic wheels on it strangely enough.IMG_0959.thumb.jpg.37ecd37e1e3d3588a6514cc5173fd0dc.jpg 

• Like 8

I picked up a crane and a TaKi of some sort that had plastic wheels on them. I'm not sure how long ago it was that Tomix used plastic, but my ancient 0-Series originally had plastic wheels as well. Looking at the box for your Chiki, it would seem about the right time for plastic wheels.

Edited by GDorsett

After a long delay due Canada Post rotating strikes, my HS package arrived.  I thought I took a photo of the box, but its not on the camera.  Bummer.  Oh, well lots of other photos.

Kato  2020-1 C56 steamer

Kato 8057 Tsumu 1000 w/cargo

Tomix 1322  Fine Track Crossing XR140-15

Tomix 1099 Fine Track Straight Track S18.5 (F) S33 (F) 2PCS for Each   x 3

Tomix 1525 Fine Track Extensible Track (Variable Rail) V70 

With this order I was able to finish the track for my latest train layout on the hobby table.

IMG_6680  1024 x 768.jpg

IMG_6685  1024 x 768.jpg

IMG_6686  1024 x 768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 11

Finally got hold of the two OHaNeFus and three OHaNes for the Hokutosei. Ignore the stand-ins for the missing coach pack...

Unfortunately Kanis of any type seem to be impossible to find at the moment. If a silver lined Kani 24-0 turned up it could then move with the OHa 24-700 to start building the later Fuji, in the event of my finding the basic pack for the Hokutosei. Actually slightly tempted to order the 25 series sleepers that would need...

• Like 5

My Kinokuni cars came yesterday.  I was not supposed to order them, but they kept showing up for me on Amazon.co.jp and I was doing Christmas shopping for the family, so I got something Santa can leave for me 🙂

Luckily I bought the locomotive that goes with it months ago when I was buying a few random DE10s to run and I liked the looks of it.  I did not realize where it was from (meaning special excursion train) at the time.  Since I am not a "realism" junky or a rivet counter, personally, I bought it because it looked cool.  Now I have the cool cars to go with it (at least I will on Christmas).

• Like 1

My Kato OHA61 coaches (for operation with my Kato C12 or C56 steam locomotives) arrived along with Semaphore Railway Signals by TSW (Tsugawa) 

IMG_6699 small 1024 x768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 4
scotspensioner
7 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

Finally got hold of the two OHaNeFus and three OHaNes for the Hokutosei. Ignore the stand-ins for the missing coach pack...

Unfortunately Kanis of any type seem to be impossible to find at the moment. If a silver lined Kani 24-0 turned up it could then move with the OHa 24-700 to start building the later Fuji, in the event of my finding the basic pack for the Hokutosei. Actually slightly tempted to order the 25 series sleepers that would need...

Funny,I noticed Hattons had a seven coach Tomix Asakaze  set including a Kani for sale yesterday but it went very quickly  -- no I didn't buy it!

I'm not surprised. Very glad I managed to grab one for my Asakaze when I bought the loco and two coaches pack about eight years ago, they've since re-released the other 25 Series sleepers to complete it but no KaNis other than in sets. I can see chassis and glazing as spares but no bodies.

There is someone trying to get £120 for seven assorted old Tomix 25 Series coaches (including a couple of KaNis) on ebay. They don't seem to have noticed that the ridiculous price is the reason it hasn't sold.

Edited by Welshbloke
More
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Das Steinkopf

My latest small purchase from Hobby Search arrived yesterday via SAL, amazingly this time it only took 2 weeks compared with 4 weeks the last time. For those of you that know a bit about the Kumaden you may be wondering why I purchased another Type 200 train when the Kumaden only has one in service, that is because I want one running in original condition prior to the front skirts and ATS were fitted around 2003-2004. It will be a while before I get these trains into service though, I have ordered the PT4811N pantographs to replace the fixed ones fitted to the model, unfortunately though the TM-05R chassis are not currently available but hopefully in the near future they will be. 

https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/express0201/GALLERY/show_image_v2.html?id=https%3A%2F%2Fblog-001.west.edge.storage-yahoo.jp%2Fres%2Fblog-91-cf%2Fexpress0201%2Ffolder%2F479957%2F90%2F17279090%2Fimg_2%3F1425047386&i=1

E170E4A7-0363-40BF-A82F-9317A4F948C3.jpeg

8AD352FF-AE94-4F11-9FE9-570DA8325841.jpeg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 4
Das Steinkopf

My AmiAmi preorder arrived yesterday via DHL at the lightning speed of 42 hours and 28 minutes. I didn’t post it yesterday as I was too busy swapping out couplings on the Taki 43000’s and fitting motorised chassis and pantographs to some of the Kumaden stock so I could give them a run. I am quite impressed with the Taki 43000’s and wouldn’t mind adding some more in the future if they bring some out in the JOT Green and Grey livery, I might up building a small oil terminal given I now have 41 Taki’s on my roster.

B05C283F-6731-4936-8B97-A9674DC5B638.jpeg

0C992539-8F2E-44EE-8C00-E2AD241D099D.jpeg

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, Das Steinkopf said:

My AmiAmi preorder arrived yesterday via DHL at the lightning speed of 42 hours and 28 minutes. I didn’t post it yesterday as I was too busy swapping out couplings on the Taki 43000’s and fitting motorised chassis and pantographs to some of the Kumaden stock so I could give them a run. I am quite impressed with the Taki 43000’s and wouldn’t mind adding some more in the future if they bring some out in the JOT Green and Grey livery, I might up building a small oil terminal given I now have 41 Taki’s on my roster.

I'm very jealous. I really want that silver TaKi. But I couldn't justify the set as I already have a gazillion green, black, and blue units. It looks awesome!

Edited by gavino200
Das Steinkopf
38 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I'm very jealous. I really want that silver TaKi. But I couldn't justify the set as I already have a gazillion green, black, and blue units. It looks awesome!

Luckily for me I didn’t have any Taki 43000’s in my fleet and it gave me a good excuse to add some. I hadn’t purchased any before as I wanted  them in contemporary livery and when this set came out it was the perfect opportunity to get some.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1