What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Das Steinkopf
1 hour ago, katoftw said:

15385502623771487944568.thumb.jpg.f6bdf169e9f2dd23919e74e4843f84fc.jpg

HSOR-100 and 5.6mm wheels and PS27N pantograghs for upcoming Kumaden 01 models.

I wonder when they will bring out this version.

IMG_7490.JPG

• Like 2
Das Steinkopf
8 hours ago, nah00 said:

I'll make an exception for only staying with JR East and Hokkaido if they come out with the Family Mart version. 

Sadly it didn’t have a chiller full of beer and a hot  box with their awesome fried chicken but it was still a fun ride, the driver was very friendly and could speak English.

Well, I found this for about 1000 yen on Ebay and I have no idea what line it's from or if it works but to me it's begging for a big Hershey's logo...

1005181449.jpg

I also got a pair of Tora 70000 cars that I can toss behind my C11 and a mini train that I still don't know the origin of but it was cute and I got it for a ridiculous price...

1005181458a.jpg

I don't know anything about it other than the first coach is powered and the whole train fits within 1:87 scaled forty feet.

• Like 3

I know it's a DE10, one of the reasons I got it. Was looking for one to use in yard duty. So they brown/white is an old JRE livery?

Is the pocket line set based on anything that actually runs or is it more of a  fantasy "We want to make something super small" thing?

If you search for "DE10茶色" on Google Images you will get plenty of prototype pictures. Looks like it was mainly used to haul special passenger trains.

The Pocket Line steam loco and coaches were originally based off a Dutch tramway museum prototype. The original release (first picture on the left) clearly shows that: http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~toyoyasu/m100802.htm

Ah, interesting. So it's a tramway loco. Guess that means I could technically drop it onto a light-rail/LRV layout and it'd be perfectly at home.

did they run more than two coaches? Could I possibly get more unpowered coaches and have, say, a set of five?

I ve had this train buddy,I think you ll struggle to find the coaches on their own to be honest and also it’s a pocket line series item,excellent value for money but they are entry level and not the smoothest or most powerful of motors.

just my opinion buddy👍😀

Although the Dutch museum is officially called a tramway, it might be better to look at this very train to be suitable for a light railway. On the other hand, the dark livery version on the website I just linked to features the "Bocchan Ressha" livery, which is the livery Iyotetsu uses for their fake steam trains on tram tracks. If you just run it with two coaches it looks pretty similar to the Japanese prototype. As you are not going to use it in a Dutch setting, I wouldn't worry too much about having a prototypical use or not.

not worried about it being smooth or powerful, the coaches are fairly light and I doubt I'll be doing anything very fancy with them. Although, not it makes me wonder what kind of fancy things I could do with this if I found some other used sets cheaply and started customizing them.

Actually I was thinking more about the weight they would be pulling but then remembered the motor is in the coach,so I stand corrected and you would be ok joining them together👍😀but having a bit of fun customising them sounds like a fun idea too👍👍

31 minutes ago, Densha said:

Although the Dutch museum is officially called a tramway, it might be better to look at this very train to be suitable for a light railway. On the other hand, the dark livery version on the website I just linked to features the "Bocchan Ressha" livery, which is the livery Iyotetsu uses for their fake steam trains on tram tracks. If you just run it with two coaches it looks pretty similar to the Japanese prototype. As you are not going to use it in a Dutch setting, I wouldn't worry too much about having a prototypical use or not.

So, there is a "Japanese version", but it's mostly just a normal trolley with a wannabe loco on the front...

Welp, guess it's time to start having fun with this.

I KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO WITH IT!

I need to power an American freight car or some sort of thin like that, go find myself an American club and a whole bunch of freight cars and then drop this little engine in front as if it's pulling them all...

Could you imagine that? A long string of intermodal units with just the little tiny 0-4-0 pulling all of it?

I got two of the three Steam Scene figure packs in the mail today. Also, some  Tomytec cars. I went splits on this with JR500. The 7-11 car needs to be sent off to Singapore. This Is probably my last police car for a while. Though I am still waiting on some police motorcycles.

1f0JHrE.jpg

• Like 5

A starting bid on ebay secured a pair of Tomix 2536 OHa 24s. One seen here pretending to be its missing close relative in the Hokutosei:

Not sure what to do with the other as they're identical down to the number! I understand that these were individual rebuilds of various cars into lobby vehicles for sleeper services, so few were identical.

• Like 1

I just received this today. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I definitely don't need this many trucks. I'm not really sure I need any of them. I just liked them so I bought them without thinking. I may just leave them in their boxes and sell them individually in a few years. Or I might just get the bookshelf case and collect these things to open up and gawk at occasionally.

mhxWgKK.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We ve all done that mate.

i had a bit of a sort out a few weeks ago and was gonna put all the bits and bobs on eBay but then Came up with this idea of a layout for the grandkids so I ll use them all on there.After all they wo nt know what’s American,Japanese or British!!😂😂

• Like 1

I have two Bankers Boxes worth of vehicles for my HO stuff, one of which is all semis ranging from the 1930s to modern day and from every part of the world imaginable. One can never have too many trucks...

• Like 1

Lucky find in Lord and Butler (model shop in Cardiff). Two #6 turnouts with levers for £16 each, and the 60L/60R pieces I needed to go with a spare #4 turnout thrown in for 70p as I was also buying a Busch ready to plant campsite and a Kato extension cable. They had other #4s and #6s for similar prices if anyone is local and needs some, think they'd been through their box of random used Unitrack to do some testing, bagging and pricing.

9 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I just received this today. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I definitely don't need this many trucks. I'm not really sure I need any of them. I just liked them so I bought them without thinking. I may just leave them in their boxes and sell them individually in a few years. Or I might just get the bookshelf case and collect these things to open up and gawk at occasionally.

I might like one or two of those box trucks~ I bet you can also sell off the container ones as I am sure there are folks out there who would love to have multiple copies of a certain container...